Dictators supported by the US

America's ironic quest to spread Freedom

That is a nice way to describe the refugees huddled together in the only sanctuary we found, the USA. So demanding that Women not be stoned to death is an "Ironic Quest".

Supporting China after the Japanese soldiers raped and murdered 10 year old virgins during World War II is an "Ironic Quest".

Sounds like the hate from Chomsky and Zinn, it is definitely not history.

Either way, I have challenged the list but I see no defense, no rebuttal, no support. So far I got one person putting words into my mouth at the same time they hope to close the chapter on a part of history in which our government did great work on behalf of the Persion people of Iran.

It is telling when people use two sentences to describe a period of history that lasted over a decade.

How about stating what our foriegn policy actually is and how it was applied, can any here do that. Can anyone provide an analysis of the application to of our foreign policy and explain if it was fair and just.

Either way, there are a few directions the world took, one was Marxism, which is a complete failure, not just economically but on a human level Marxism resulted in brutal rape and murder of millions of people, on top of that Marxism resulted in famine, starvation, death of tens of millions of people.

Iran, better off Marxist or of a government that the people determined was best. A choice between a radical religous nut who had a serious problem with women seen in public or the Shah.

Iran, support our freinds or turn our backs as Islam turns back the modernizaton and education of an entire society.

Anyhow, I know have two or three people putting words in my post that is not there so that is obviously the starting point, let us clarify that so far, two folks have decided not to address two points I have thus made, two folks have stated I said something I did not. So let us begin there, its obvious that you two folks think this particular event proves something, I assert your wrong.

So make your case, show where I stated what you attribute to me and at least provide a bit of something, simple commentary paraphrasing what you believe is good enough for me, so quote my original comment and provide the commentary or paraphrase your education in a post.

If you do not want to do that I guess I am here for a simple tit for tat insult debate.

The U.S. never supported Saddam, having a little trade and trying to have diplomatic relations is much different than support. Trying to win the cold war and keep control of the region are good Foreign Policy goals.

The US helped install Hussein. But it was a rocky road after that.

Please, I would love to hear how, you going to start in the 1930's when Iraq became a nation, which of course makes Iraq a young nation, less then a hundred years old. I wonder why we did not dust off that old Constitution of Iraq's when we liberated the people of the murderous dictator Saddam. It was a great Constitution.

Um..

BAATH PARTY COMES TO POWER
On February 8, 1963, the Baath Party, in collaboration with a few army officers, staged a coup d’état and killed Qassem. Hussein immediately left Cairo and arrived in Baghdad, where he became a midlevel internal security official. This was also when he married his maternal cousin, Sajidah Khayr Allah Tilfah. Qassem’s downfall was apparently not the exclusive result of his mistake of denying the Communists weapons, nor of the Baath Party’s talent for staging coups. According to reliable sources, the coup was supported, if not actually engineered, by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). Starting in 1959, the CIA identified Qassem as a sworn enemy of the United States and a staunch ally of the Soviet Union.
http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Saddam_Hussein.aspx

I've also read that after the botched assassination attempt on Qassem, the CIA helped Hussein when he was on the mend.

The US helped install Hussein. But it was a rocky road after that.

Please, I would love to hear how, you going to start in the 1930's when Iraq became a nation, which of course makes Iraq a young nation, less then a hundred years old. I wonder why we did not dust off that old Constitution of Iraq's when we liberated the people of the murderous dictator Saddam. It was a great Constitution.

Um..

BAATH PARTY COMES TO POWER
On February 8, 1963, the Baath Party, in collaboration with a few army officers, staged a coup d’état and killed Qassem. Hussein immediately left Cairo and arrived in Baghdad, where he became a midlevel internal security official. This was also when he married his maternal cousin, Sajidah Khayr Allah Tilfah. Qassem’s downfall was apparently not the exclusive result of his mistake of denying the Communists weapons, nor of the Baath Party’s talent for staging coups. According to reliable sources, the coup was supported, if not actually engineered, by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). Starting in 1959, the CIA identified Qassem as a sworn enemy of the United States and a staunch ally of the Soviet Union.
http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Saddam_Hussein.aspx

I've also read that after the botched assassination attempt on Qassem, the CIA helped Hussein when he was on the mend.

Why not start at the begining and work your way forward, that way we can see that you can see the exact history of what you speak.

According to what you just posted, it states that the CIA identified an enemy of the USA. That is there job correct, you see that as wrong or evil, to identify potential threats. The coup was supported by the CIA, really, how, your just making the claim its supported, you have not shown that the CIA did a thing, even the person you quote is clear that they are just speculating. The author explicitely does not state that the CIA engineered the Baath parties rise to power.

You folks use the word "support" loosely, as loose as when a coup happens, if we do nothing except state our policy of non-interference and continue diplomatic relations with the new leadership, this is called "support".

According to reliable sources, the coup was supported, if not actually engineered, by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

Sallow, I am assuming the only relevant fact from your link you posted, if there is more I need know of your link you should post it or add a bit of your own commentary.

Iraq is one country we never supported nor had good diplomatic relations with, no matter who the leader was. Of course the world should of supported the original leader, a decndant of the Sherif of Mecca, I think it was a son of the Sherif, "installed" strictly by the British. Iraq is if anything, created by the British, fault us for doing as we must in light of the difficulty of rebuilding and educating the Middle East after centuries of neglect and backwardness.

I sit here in Brazil and honestly believe the best thing that can happen anywhere in the world is to give the USA complete control, not the current dumb ass politicains but give us, the people the control. Our government is best for everyone in the world.

Go to our supermarket and look at all that evil capitalism, how I dream of decent food at a cheap price as I struggle in Brazil, yesterday I suffered rotten eggs, our draconian custom of keeping eggs cold to keep them fresh is not tolerated in this country, as I walk to the market I see a few private individuals, with eggs out on the table, that is outside, in Brazil, during the summer, when its 105 degrees out. Two weeks ago I had a bloody egg, yesterday was the first time I could stomach using eggs, my 5 year old grabbed an egg and it literally broke in a rotten mess in his tiny hands. I am disgusted with the third world.

These idiots need a good dose of old fashion American Sanitation. You know when you shit in the third world you are to save the toilet paper and throw it in a waste basket instead of just dropping it into the toilet.

Yet we are faulted as being bad for people in the third world, we are going to exploit them by selling White Cloud toilet paper and Mr. Clean toilet bowl cleaner.

Our ideas of using three wires to bring safe electricity to a home is an Imperialistic idea we are attempting to force on others simply out of greed and profit.

How about all the disease we eliminated, imagine the horror for the mothers of children who they no longer fear going blind because that terrible Oil man, Rockefeller thought it was his God-ordered responsibility to spend his profits curing a terrible disease.

At best we have appeased the world due to political correctness.

"We must accept our responsibility, we are the worlds leader, not by our choice, but by the events of history that forced us into our position. This is our time, we must lead." I paraphrased a tiny bit, this was told to me as I walked along a road in Bahia Brazil, a man overheard me speaking English to my wife, he spoke some English, lived in the USA, he stated his biggest mistake in his life was coming back to Brazil, that his dream was to die in the USA. He stated we were screwing up, this was one month for 9/11. He told me that the USA has no choice but to lead the world, that we are the best for the world.

After living the last four years in Brazil, minus some part time work in the USA and Spain, I can state that this place is a dirty dump that needs a bomb of Ammonia dropped on it. They sweep and I mean that literally yet its a dirty dump with unsanitary practices.

We have not asserted ourselves as we should, not once, we must demand, no more of this so called "support", those with the educaton are to lead.

The CIA has not had the best track record regarding new goverments in the past, yet they're one of the most important pieces in the war against terror. From Vietnam to Cuba (Bay of Pigs) to Chile (Pinochet) and now Egypt (Mubarak). Revolts to putting our money on the wrong man . . . it has been brutal. Promises of a democracy that eventually turned into a dictatorship. From Egypt to any future uprisings in the Middle East/North Africa . . . thanks to Wikileaks/Twitter/Facebook . . . we better get secure intelligence that can be backed up on any moderates that we throw in our support for in the future and Egypt is our strongest/best chance.

Last edited:
The CIA has not had the best track record regarding new goverments in the past, yet they're one of the most important pieces in the war against terror. From Vietnam to Cuba (Bay of Pigs) to Chile (Pinochet) and now Egypt (Mubarak). Revolts to putting our money on the wrong man . . . it has been brutal. Promises of a democracy that eventually turned into a dictatorship. From Egypt to any future uprisings in the Middle East/North Africa . . . thanks to Wikileaks/Twitter/Facebook . . . we better get secure intelligence that can be backed up on any moderates that we throw in our support for in the future and Egypt is our strongest/best chance.

Admitting all the failures and short comings of the CIA, the CIA has done the best that anybody could possibly do in the worst possible situations imaginable. From our inept government politicians and workers to the most ignornant people on the planet we are damned lucky the CIA has been effective as it has been.

Admitting all the failures and short comings of the CIA, the CIA has done the best that anybody could possibly do in the worst possible situations imaginable. From our inept government politicians and workers to the most ignornant people on the planet we are damned lucky the CIA has been effective as it has been.

" . . . yet they're one of the most important pieces in the war against terror". I'm glad I'm not one of them most ignornant people on the planet.

" . . . yet they're one of the most important pieces in the war against terror". I'm glad I'm not one of them most ignornant people on the planet.

Would you know if your ignorant, I say no, take your spelling of "goverment", should of at least looked at your own post first, dumb ass.

A couple of clear and present dangers...
:cool:
Peru's ex president Alberto Fujimori is denied pardon
7 June 2013 > Peru's President Ollanta Humala has rejected a request to pardon the jailed former leader Alberto Fujimori on humanitarian grounds.
Mr Humala said the former president was "not terminally ill". Mr Fujimori, who was in office between 1990 and 2000, is serving a 25-year sentence for human rights violations. His family says his health is worsening and he could die in prison. Last month, a senior doctor said gastroduodenitis was destroying Mr Fujimori's stomach. His family also says he has tongue cancer - a claim rejected by the government.

'Best-kept prisoner'

Speaking in the Peruvian capital, Lima, Mr Humala said he would not exercise his constitutional power to grant a humanitarian pardon. "Having analysed the interviews of doctors, having spoken to the minister of justice, I have decided to accept the unanimous recommendation given by the Presidential Pardons Commission, and they have not recommended a pardon," the president said. "Fujimori is the best-kept prisoner in all of Peru. "(But) if his objective conditions were to change tomorrow, they (relatives) have the right to seek a pardon again," he concluded. Mr Fujimori was sentenced in 2009 to 25 years in prison for ordering the killings of 25 people by a death squad, as well as the kidnapping of a journalist and businessman during Peru's internal conflict.

In December 2007 he also received a six-year jail term for abuse of power. Under Peruvian law, he can be pardoned only on health grounds. Opposition Congressman Hector Becerril called Mr Humala's decision "totally political". "This does not answer to the feeling shared by more than 60% of Peruvians," he told Peruvian TV. However, a collective group of human rights organisations, CNDDHH, welcomed the decision. "This is a great example that our country is taking in advancing transitional justice worldwide," the group said on their website.

BBC News - Peru's ex president Alberto Fujimori is denied pardon

See also:

Life sentence for Shining Path leader
Jun 7,`13 -- A Peruvian court has convicted a top leader of the Shining Path rebel group and sentenced him to life in prison without parole.
Florindo Flores, better known as Comrade Artemio, was convicted of terrorism, drug trafficking and money laundering. The three-judge court also ordered him to pay a $180 million fine. He is appealing Friday's conviction.

Artemio was captured in February 2012 in the Alta Huallaga Valley, a stronghold of the fanatical rebel group in the late 1980s and early 1990s before it was largely defeated.

He led a Shining Path remnant that authorities said was deeply involved in protecting the cocaine trade in the valley where it originated more than a century ago.

He was especially close to the movement's jailed leader, Abimael Guzman, who was captured in 1992 and is serving life without parole.

Source

Africa
MOBUTU SESE SEKO
Dictator of Zaire 1965-1997
MOHAMMED SIAD BARRE
President/Dictator of Somalia 1969-1991
GEN. IBRAHIM BABANGIDA
Military Dictator/President of Nigeria 1985-1993
GEN. SANI ABACHA
Dictator of Nigeria 1993-1998
HASTINGS KAMUZU BANDA
Dictator of Malawi 1966-1994
LAURENT-DÉSIRÉ KABILA
President/Dictator of the Democratic Republic of the Congo 1997-2001
GNASSINGBE ETIENNE EYADEMA
editedhttp://tinfoilpalace.eamped.com/2011/01/29/dictators-supported-by-the-us/
:clap2:

and your point is?....assuming you have one...

uhh that proves that presidents like clinton,Nixon and many others are criminals who belong behind bars but get off scott free.:cuckoo:amazing that the americasn sheople think watergate was the worst crime Nixon ever committed instead of realising he put a dictater in power who murdered millions. Presidents instead of wanting to nothing to do with them,cajol them and have lunch with them like clinton did having a jolly old good time with suharto.he learned from suharton how to murder people who got in his way.

Look at the "star wars bar scene" aka the UN Security Council sometime. We support them and invite them to live in the Big Apple, provide security and we feed their kids and all they do is demand extortion from the greatest Nation in the world and we comply. You don't have to make a list, it's easy. The US either through the UN or independently supports every stinking murdering emerging nation in Africa and we support all sides in the Mid-East mess.

How far do you want to go back? Hitler rose to power about the same time FDR was first elected and the US either supported or ignored the Nazi regime. Stalin was a good friend of FDR. The US helped Castro take over Cuba and then the crazy Kennedys spent a couple of years trying to assassinate him.

How far do you want to go back? Hitler rose to power about the same time FDR was first elected and the US either supported or ignored the Nazi regime. Stalin was a good friend of FDR. The US helped Castro take over Cuba and then the crazy Kennedys spent a couple of years trying to assassinate him.

I'm just saying that FDR's alliance with Stalin was unexcusable. Perhaps you are ignorant of Stalin's legion human rights abuses, genocide of millions, and so on. If you do have some background in history, please tell me that prior to 1940, how was Stalin more righteous than Hitler?

Please include all the territories attacked and absorbed, number of enemies killed, number of leader's own people killed or imprisioned.

FDR was a great supporter of commuism. He was giving the Soviet Union Lend Lease supplies months before the US entered WW2.

WW2 made the world safe for communism.

I'm just saying that FDR's alliance with Stalin was unexcusable. Perhaps you are ignorant of Stalin's legion human rights abuses, genocide of millions, and so on. If you do have some background in history, please tell me that prior to 1940, how was Stalin more righteous than Hitler?

Please include all the territories attacked and absorbed, number of enemies killed, number of leader's own people killed or imprisioned.

FDR was a great supporter of commuism. He was giving the Soviet Union Lend Lease supplies months before the US entered WW2.

If FDR didn't side with Stalin then Stalin would have sided with Hitler and there would have been a total diffrent outcome from WW2.

Actually the CIA are the world's largest terrorists. They thank you for your support.

If FDR didn't side with Stalin then Stalin would have sided with Hitler and there would have been a total diffrent outcome from WW2.
Striving for World Domination [by both the Axis and the Allies] makes for strange bedfellows.

World War Two made the world safe for Totalitarianism.

Thank you Roosevelt, Churchill, Hitler and Stalin.

Last edited:
Actually the CIA are the world's largest terrorists. They thank you for your support.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

well considering our government is a police state now and a facist dictatership, all he did was delay that from happening and that doesnt excuse that bastard for cajoling a mass murderer and coddling up to him like he did.By doing that,he is just as much of a mass murderer as Hitler and Stalin associating with people like that.

thats the same as if I go out and hang around someone who i know kills people and gets away with his crimes all the time and I do nothing about it.donmt report him or nothing to the police.

that makes me no better a person than that the guy I am hanging out with the fact that I allow him to get away with it and do nothing about it.

liek Numan said,thank you Roosevelt,Hitler,Stalin,and Churchill.:clap2:

Last edited:

forget it,you'll never get anywhere with whitehall.as you can see,he is ignorant of the true facts of history.

He believes in EVERYTHING his corrupt american history classes and the media have told him his entire life.He actually still believes that oswald killed kennedy for example.:lmao::rofl: He worships everything the LAMESTREAM media tells him everyday.:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Africa
MOBUTU SESE SEKO
Dictator of Zaire 1965-1997
MOHAMMED SIAD BARRE
President/Dictator of Somalia 1969-1991
GEN. IBRAHIM BABANGIDA
Military Dictator/President of Nigeria 1985-1993
GEN. SANI ABACHA
Dictator of Nigeria 1993-1998
HASTINGS KAMUZU BANDA
Dictator of Malawi 1966-1994
LAURENT-DÉSIRÉ KABILA
President/Dictator of the Democratic Republic of the Congo 1997-2001
GNASSINGBE ETIENNE EYADEMA
Dictators supported by the US in Forum - What's Newsy and HOT Right Now! Forum View the rest at the link:clap2:

which one was it that Dick Nixon put into power?

Forum List

Back