Military Dictator/President of Nigeria 1985-1993
GEN. SANI ABACHA
Dictator of Nigeria 1993-1998
HASTINGS KAMUZU BANDA
Dictator of Malawi 1966-1994
LAURENT-DÉSIRÉ KABILA
President/Dictator of the Democratic Republic of the Congo 1997-2001
GNASSINGBE ETIENNE EYADEMA
http://tinfoilpalace.eamped.com/2011/01/29/dictators-supported-by-the-us/ View the rest at the link:clap2:

Some places in the world, dictators is all they got.

Where did you "copy-paste" this from? You didn't give a link and I want to check the source.

Where did you "copy-paste" this from? You didn't give a link and I want to check the source.
From another forum. If you wish, check each one with wikipedia or an encyclopedia. As ekrem already pointed out, the list is not flawless however it does reveal America's ironic quest of spreading freedom through the support of dictators and despots.

Africa
MOBUTU SESE SEKO
Dictator of Zaire 1965-1997
MOHAMMED SIAD BARRE
President/Dictator of Somalia 1969-1991
GEN. IBRAHIM BABANGIDA
Military Dictator/President of Nigeria 1985-1993
GEN. SANI ABACHA
Dictator of Nigeria 1993-1998
HASTINGS KAMUZU BANDA
Dictator of Malawi 1966-1994
LAURENT-DÉSIRÉ KABILA
President/Dictator of the Democratic Republic of the Congo 1997-2001
GNASSINGBE ETIENNE EYADEMA
editedhttp://tinfoilpalace.eamped.com/2011/01/29/dictators-supported-by-the-us/
:clap2:

and your point is?....assuming you have one...

I think you could cull the list a bit. I think some of those people that US didn't really give much a rat's arse about. There are a few it openly supports(ed) for sure...

Dept. of AgitProp
Rejected

We regret to inform you that your submission has been rejected. It is the opinion of the Department that your submission lacks sufficient credibility and is in need of further refinement. An example acceptable-grade AgitProp for your cause might be provided for you to study, at the discretion of the Department of Agitation and Propaganda.

Sincerely,

James T. Beukema

Minister of AgitProp

DR. GETULIO VARGAS, he committed suicide, are you saying we supported this or caused this, anyhow, many of the people wish they could go back to the Military dictatorship, they say things were better then.

i think the point is.....the us has long adopted being anti revolutionary....supporting an est. ruler over democracy....after all rebellion threatens stability

I do NOT object when the USA finds that a nation is run by a tyrant and they must do business with them.

What I DO OBJECT TO is when the USA topples a legitimate government and then replaces it with our own puppet regime because the current government is not willing to go along with whatever our coprporate masters want from that nation.

And THAT has happened many time in our lifetimes, folks.

Installing the Shah of IRAN back in the early 50's is a stellar example.

Mubarak, is, I think, NOT an example of that. He attained power (as far as I know) without assisteance from our CIA, so as far as us having supported him?

Well, I think we really had no choice in that regard.

I do NOT object when the USA finds that a nation is run by a tyrant and they must do business with them.

What I DO OBJECT TO is when the USA topples a legitimate government and then replaces it with our own puppet regime because the current government is not willing to go along with whatever our coprporate masters want from that nation.

Mubarak, is, I think, NOT an example of that. He attained power (as far as I know) without assisteance from our CIA, so as far as us having supported him?

Yet the Shah was the Legit ruler, you would not support your own agreements with rulers of a country or do you forget the role Iran played in World War II and that was the Shah's father.

It has been trbal rule in the Middle East for centuries, outside of the Ottomans of course but still at the local level the tribes ruled, or a family ruled from a particular city.

The Shah is the legit ruler, not the religous nuts that still stone to death teenage girls for having sex.

i think the point is.....the us has long adopted being anti revolutionary....supporting an est. ruler over democracy....after all rebellion threatens stability

sure...but I want to hear Bones ( none strolling type) make the case. His list is, well, epically conflated to the max, and I am being kind.

SADDAM HUSSEIN
Dictator of Iraq 1969 (1979)-2003

Your dates are a bit off, I'm pretty sure the US stopped supporting Saddam after the first Gulf War in 1991.

The U.S. never supported Saddam, having a little trade and trying to have diplomatic relations is much different than support. Trying to win the cold war and keep control of the region are good Foreign Policy goals.

Yet the Shah was the Legit ruler, you would not support your own agreements with rulers of a country or do you forget the role Iran played in World War II and that was the Shah's father.

It has been trbal rule in the Middle East for centuries, outside of the Ottomans of course but still at the local level the tribes ruled, or a family ruled from a particular city.

The Shah is the legit ruler, not the religous nuts that still stone to death teenage girls for having sex.

No he wasn't or isn't. The Brits and Americans installed him.

SADDAM HUSSEIN
Dictator of Iraq 1969 (1979)-2003

Your dates are a bit off, I'm pretty sure the US stopped supporting Saddam after the first Gulf War in 1991.

The U.S. never supported Saddam, having a little trade and trying to have diplomatic relations is much different than support. Trying to win the cold war and keep control of the region are good Foreign Policy goals.

The US helped install Hussein. But it was a rocky road after that.

Forum List

Back