Dictator Kasich restricting painkillers in Ohio!

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
The Republican governor announced a new policy under which emergency rooms and urgent care centers will limit prescriptions for opiates and other painkillers to a 72-hour supply, except in rare cases. The new guidelines agreed to by hospitals, emergency room doctors and nurses are aimed at curbing the diversion of prescription drugs handed out at emergency rooms.

Who does this Republican DICTATOR think he is?

Emergency rooms in Ohio agree to tighten rules on doling out painkillers | cleveland.com

Rope-a-Dope has marginalized himself like no other poster on this site. Bravo!

The Republican governor announced a new policy under which emergency rooms and urgent care centers will limit prescriptions for opiates and other painkillers to a 72-hour supply, except in rare cases. The new guidelines agreed to by hospitals, emergency room doctors and nurses are aimed at curbing the diversion of prescription drugs handed out at emergency rooms.

Emergency rooms in Ohio agree to tighten rules on doling out painkillers | cleveland.com

Your concern is well noted. We all know that this bothers you because now you can't supplement your drug habit through the ER any more. BTW I think that is sound medicine. The ER is for emergencies only. If you need more medication see your regular doctor.

Last edited:

This man is insane. But he represents Liberal hell on earth.

I don't like painkillers, imo, they don't work. Taking one every 4 hours isn't even as good as Advil every 6 hours for most pain and they are way more addictive. Pain management is the way to go.

Bad pain like after surgery is one thing but everyday usage for months and months is unacceptable.

I don't like painkillers, imo, they don't work. Taking one every 4 hours isn't even as good as Advil every 6 hours for most pain and they are way more addictive. Pain management is the way to go.

Bad pain like after surgery is one thing but everyday usage for months and months is unacceptable.

I would tend to agree. I won't take ANY medication unless I am in dire straights. The side effects out weigh the benefits imo

Kasich is starting to think he's like Obama: He can do whatever the fuck he wants and no one can tell him otherwise.

I'm surprised that Kasich didn't go all in and simply ban pain. He doesn't have any, therefore no one has any. And, if he was in pain, he'd get his painkillers.

Kasich really is the face of liberal hell. He knows what's best for you and if Kasie says it doesn't hurt, it doesn't hurt. Next, he'll consider anesthesia during surgery.

I wonder if Kasich will tell Indianians what kind of panties they can and cannot wear? :) ( Panties for you fem male liberals too!-- don't feel left out!)

I think it's good to restrict them! There are Dr's out there that will hand them out like candy....but then when someone becomes addicted to them they can then get those people on another kind of drug to help them get off the pain pills, and many times your stuck on that other drug for life!

My son was addicted to pain pills for quite a few years, i didn't know (of course he was in his 20's/30's then) and he's been trying to stay clean for a couple years now. They have him on suboxone which is very expense, especially when he doesn't have insurance. It would be easier and cheaper for him to just keep taking the pain pills, but he wants to be clean. There aren't many doctors that can prescribe it, and it's really a pain in the ass with all the regulations and crap. So i have no problem with restricting them, they should be handed out so freely. People that have never gotten addicted to something like this have no idea what it's like and how much these people suffer from it.....

This man is insane. But he represents Liberal hell on earth.

and i suppose to the wacko's that a) seems to ring true; and b) makes the wackos happy.

Forum List

Back