Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

Witchit

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2014
TARDIS
Never heard of ‘em.

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gunseller.

I quite like Mr. Stack.

Never heard of ‘em.

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gunseller.

I quite like Mr. Stack.

Someone under 21 should sue their ass right away.

Do states have any PA laws for 20 year olds? Sounds like they should. The discrimination is getting out of hand! # :th_metoo:

Someone should inform them that they didn't sell 'assault type' rifles before.

So, they would say they are operating as 'business as usual'.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about this, someone should report Dicks Sporting Goods for the illicit sale of assault-style weapons.

Never heard of ‘em.

I quite like Mr. Stack.
Dick's is huge in the Northeast. I had dreamed some chains might do this, but I figured it would happen when pigs fly.
You've made my day, Witchit. Thanks.

Someone should inform them that they didn't sell 'assault type' rifles before.

So, they would say they are operating as 'business as usual'.
That bit is explained in the article, which apparently you didn’t read.

Never heard of ‘em.

I quite like Mr. Stack.

Just saw that....They will get my business from now on!

Looks like im going to bass pro shop for my fishing line saturday instead of dicks.
Its almost 40 minutes farther away but at least they arent knee jerking faggots

Big outfit.

dsg-logo-2.png

Looks like im going to bass pro shop for my fishing line saturday instead of dicks.
Its almost 40 minutes farther away but at least they arent knee jerking faggots

Great! Keep spending more gas being an idiot.

Never heard of ‘em.

I quite like Mr. Stack.

Dunno how prominent he is. I'm sure he's a fine fellow, but he makes stupid business decisions (see above) based upon the emotional reactions of others.

He probably doesn't sell a lot of "assault rifles" (whatever those are), but I'd wager he just alienated a good number of general customers.

CVS Pharmacies in this region stopped selling cigarettes awhile back, in a noble attempt to appear noble and stuff.

People just went to the 7-11 half a block down.

Ooo....

Was Dick's selling the full semi-automatics?

OMG.....we need to ban full semi-automatics! They is assault weapons!

Forum List

Back