Dick Morris: Poll Numbers Are Not Accurate

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Trancript of the video on the same page:

BRIAN KILMEADE: Can Mitt Romney regain his lead and what is causing the trend. Dick Morris is fox news contributor and author of screwed. Dick, you believe the story is what is behind the numbers.

DICK MORRIS: I don't think the numbers are accurate. I think there is a is fundamental error going on in the polling by the media origination. Not by Rasmussen who has a different technique and it shows Romney one behind in Florida and one' in Virginia and 2 behind in Ohio. And Obama well below 50 percent of the vote which probably means he gets the undecided and could be ahead in those states. But the difference is these pollsters are using 2008 turn out model. A totally unique turn out, huge African American, huge Latino, huge college students and relatively fewer elderly. That model happened for one year only 2008. It didn't happen in 10, I t didn’t happen in ’04, it didn’t happen in ‘00. And they are wrong for applying, it is true if the people who voted ‘08 vote in ‘12 Obama will get elected. But it’s not going to happen because the enthusiasm is way down.

BRIAN KILMEADE: Does it explain the trend. They were closer a month ago even with the same science?

DICK MORRIS: Well, I don't believe that, I believe what they are doing is reweighing the data and that would not established a trend. There is no such thing as a trend in a bad poll. The accurate polling which is no reason to go to those polls go to the accurate ones. Rasmussen shows the race within a point or two in each of the states. By the way, the trend in Rasmussen and in my own poling is that Romney was doing fine in August and fell back because of the democratic convention and recovered at end of last week and now is pretty much even . I think that is the reality. If the election were held today. Romney would carry Ohio, Florida, Nevada, Virginia and a shot at Wisconsin where I am today and would win over 300 electoral votes. The media is deliberately or inadvertently and wrongly showing the race to be different then it really is.

Dick Morris: Poll Numbers Are Not Accurate - Polling - Fox Nation

I'm tell you libs. You are being led down the primrose path.

More and more it's becoming obvious the numbers in the polls just don't add up to reality.

Why is Dick (Toe Sucker) Morris saying the Polls can't be believed when he's always citing polls? :confused:

There's a concerted effort all across rightwing media now to sell this talking point about the polls being flawed or biased.

It's an attempt to keep the big donors on board the Romney ship, which they won't stay onboard if they decide it's sinking.

BRIAN KILMEADE: Can Mitt Romney regain his lead and what is causing the trend. Dick Morris is fox news contributor and author of screwed. Dick, you believe the story is what is behind the numbers.

DICK MORRIS: I don't think the numbers are accurate. I think there is a is fundamental error going on in the polling by the media origination. Not by Rasmussen who has a different technique and it shows Romney one behind in Florida and one' in Virginia and 2 behind in Ohio. And Obama well below 50 percent of the vote which probably means he gets the undecided and could be ahead in those states. But the difference is these pollsters are using 2008 turn out model. A totally unique turn out, huge African American, huge Latino, huge college students and relatively fewer elderly. That model happened for one year only 2008. It didn't happen in 10, I t didn’t happen in ’04, it didn’t happen in ‘00. And they are wrong for applying, it is true if the people who voted ‘08 vote in ‘12 Obama will get elected. But it’s not going to happen because the enthusiasm is way down.

BRIAN KILMEADE: Does it explain the trend. They were closer a month ago even with the same science?

DICK MORRIS: Well, I don't believe that, I believe what they are doing is reweighing the data and that would not established a trend. There is no such thing as a trend in a bad poll. The accurate polling which is no reason to go to those polls go to the accurate ones. Rasmussen shows the race within a point or two in each of the states. By the way, the trend in Rasmussen and in my own poling is that Romney was doing fine in August and fell back because of the democratic convention and recovered at end of last week and now is pretty much even . I think that is the reality. If the election were held today. Romney would carry Ohio, Florida, Nevada, Virginia and a shot at Wisconsin where I am today and would win over 300 electoral votes. The media is deliberately or inadvertently and wrongly showing the race to be different then it really is.

More and more it's becoming obvious the numbers in the polls just don't add up to reality.

I could buy into this theory if it weren't for a number of other factors. As an example, I will use the Senate race in Wisconsin where Tommy Thompson has lost a 16 point lead in June, and now trails Baldwin by 3. That is a 19 point swing and those are Rasmussen's numbers. We are seeing these types of trends from many states, and it coincides with Obama expanding his lead in the polls.

Can't wait to see you posting with your new tagline next year. I'm guessing your sock puppet Beretta will be doing most of your posting then, right?

There's a concerted effort all across rightwing media now to sell this talking point about the polls being flawed or biased.

It's an attempt to keep the big donors on board the Romney ship, which they won't stay onboard if they decide it's sinking.

Also, the Democrats are only being oversampled in states where Obama is winning. Amazingly the pollsters in Kansas got it just right.

chris-crocker-cries.jpg

The lib loon Democratics cannot get it through their thick skulls and pinhead brains.

If the polling is inaccurate because (for whatever fucking reason) the Dims are getting significantly over-sampled, then the polling is inaccurate.

The reason for the over-sampling does NOT have to be a "conspiracy." It could be completely unintentional. Perhaps it is an artifact of the methodology. It doesn't matter.

If over-sampling is going on, then the results are getting distorted.

It's just that simple.

The lib loon Democratics cannot get it through their thick skulls and pinhead brains.

If the polling is inaccurate because (for whatever fucking reason) the Dims are getting significantly over-sampled, then the polling is inaccurate.

The reason for the over-sampling does NOT have to be a "conspiracy." It could be completely unintentional. Perhaps it is an artifact of the methodology. It doesn't matter.

It's just that simple.

Then why isn't Obama winning in Texas, OK, ND, SD, LA, GA, SC, MS, AL, AK, etc... Oh wait, let me guess, the pollsters got it right in those states.

You sound like a 9/11 truther; the same nutjobs you and I used to routinely call out for shit identical to what you're trying to sell now. Muster up some integrity.

It's just that simple.

Then why isn't Obama winning in Texas, OK, ND, SD, LA, GA, SC, MS, AL, AK, etc... Oh wait, let me guess, the pollsters got it right in those states.

You sound like a 9/11 truther; the same nutjobs you and I used to routinely call out for shit identical to what you're trying to sell now. Muster up some integrity.

Your faux question isn't just faux, it's imbecilic. Thankfully, this surprises nobody objective who has had the misfortune of reading your imbecilic tripe.

Do you imagine that the Dims out-number the Republicans in Texas?

It's just that simple.

Your faux question isn't just faux, it's imbecilic. Thankfully, this surprises nobody objective who has had the misfortune of reading your imbecilic tripe.

Do you imagine that the Dims out-number the Republicans in Texas?

But they do outnumber them in any state where Obama is winning? You've gone off the rails shit-brains.

Forum List

Back