Dick Clarke is an American HERO

Originally posted by gaffer
He's a blamer. Nothing heroic about him. Like all of his type he wants to blame.Makes no difference who was in office when. Bin Laden and his cronies are to blame. The only thing the hearings should be doing is determining how to prevent it from ever happening again.

Clarke is a Clinton man and looking to sell his book, nothing more than that.

First thing I thought of when I saw the start of the thread, is what you said. Thank you.

He's a blamer. Nothing heroic about him. Like all of his type he wants to blame.Makes no difference who was in office when. Bin Laden and his cronies are to blame. The only thing the hearings should be doing is determining how to prevent it from ever happening again.

Clarke is a Clinton man and looking to sell his book, nothing more than that.

Well there is 1 little fact that Democrats are rather quiet on and that is Clinton had 3 seperate chances to bring Osama in from the Sudan, why didn't he? Seems Bill's got some explaining to do but since he has his barking dog Clarke up on the hill we won't see Bubba anytime soon.

I think that Clarke is very disingenuine and also very well rehearsed, his apology was a joke but boy is his book selling like hotcakes, friggin opportunist!

I have to question those that promote tax reduction yet increase the tax burden by operating on deficit spending, program enhancement, deficit spending, defense being turned into offense, deficit spending, free trade being advertised as good while their own poplaces' standard of living declines, deficit spending. I don't believe in passing on the debts of my generation to my children and grandchildren. Get a grip, turkey, the government grows, not shrinks, under Republican leadership. It's a buy now, pay later thing, don't you know? Who pay's later? Certainly not those that caused or profitted from the original debt, or maybe you just ain't paying attention?

I think Kerry should pick Clark as his VP. Clark could be on both sides of any issue that Kerry hasn't already taken.

Seriously though, Clark's testimony has been rether Kerryesque in that he said one thing before in the Clinton addministration and spinning it a completely different/opposite way.

Originally posted by Psychoblues
I have to question those that promote tax reduction yet increase the tax burden by operating on deficit spending, program enhancement, deficit spending, defense being turned into offense, deficit spending, free trade being advertised as good while their own poplaces' standard of living declines, deficit spending. I don't believe in passing on the debts of my generation to my children and grandchildren. Get a grip, turkey, the government grows, not shrinks, under Republican leadership. It's a buy now, pay later thing, don't you know? Who pay's later? Certainly not those that caused or profitted from the original debt, or maybe you just ain't paying attention?

My tax burden hasn't grown under Bush but it sure as hell grew under Bubba. Other than that the post made zero sense.

Originally posted by Bern80
I think Kerry should pick Clark as his VP. Clark could be on both sides of any issue that Kerry hasn't already taken.

Seriously though, Clark's testimony has been rether Kerryesque in that he said one thing before in the Clinton addministration and spinning it a completely different/opposite way.

Thats the Democratic way, the Bill Clinton methodology.

Dick Clarke is no opportunist. He was available but ignored until word of his book became available. Blame his publisher for good marketing but don't blame a man willing to take on the dragons be they Democratic or Republican. Dick Clarke is ready and available to tell his story as he has always been. It's just that right now the Republicans would rather he go away and will see to it that he is put away. It's an attack the messenger rather than scrutinize the message that they are so afraid of. Common with them.

Again I ask:

Shouldn't some of the blame lay at old Dick's feet? Since he was in charge of counter terrorism and all..........

Logically you have to think there is some partisan politics at play here. If he was so concerned and genuine, why now? Why wasn't he raising a big deal before 9/11?

Deficent spending is good for an economic recession when interest rates are at such historically low levels as they have been recently.

The US standard of living is now higher than any nation except Luxembourgh.

I remember the last deficit scare under Reagan as he, like Bush, increased the national budget to deal with internal and external security, winning the cold war, and setting up the USA to rebound with an economic recovery that soon payed down this total and developed an actual, honest to god, surplus.

Don't be so fatalistic.

His condemnations of the present Administration are balanced by his condemnations of the former. Dick Clarke sincerely believes in national security and defense. He's not so sure about American offense.

Did you watch the Hardball interview tonight?

DICK clark, is a DICK!!!!

No, not at all well said, gaffer. Have you evidence that Clarke is a "Clinton promoter"? His testimony would refute that. Your remarks are partisan and indicate a propensity on your part to deny anything related to a failure from your chosen political entity.

I'm a Democrat, but I readily admit that I believe they screw up sometimes and I even more readily admit that I don't agree with the apparent agendas of some of them.

Clarke's testimony is the evidence. He was left over from the previous administration. My chosen party as you call it is independent. There is a lot a don't like about both parties, however I have come to really dislike and disbelieve the democrats far more than the republicans. The most important thing right now is the war on terror, which includes Iraq, and the politizing of it and anti-war rhetoric is dispicable. Clark has joined that group, whether for book sales or future appointments. Like Kerry he says whats convienent or he thinks people want to hear.

As I said earlier. Clark is a blamer. Using hindsight to place blame. He was in the anti-terror business for over ten years. He didn't know what was going to happen. How can he point fingers at others. There was one group that was to blame. Alqada. They had a 1000 piece puzzle to put together and only had 30 pieces. That doesn't make for a clear picture.

Clarke is playing politics with 911. I find that disgusting. It has nothing to do with my party affiliations.

Clarke is playing politics with 911. I find that disgusting. It has nothing to do with my party affiliations.

I think whats worse is he is profiting off it.

Forum List

Back