Dick Cheney Said, "The Debt Doesn't Matter, Reagan Proved That"

To the GOP the national debt is only important when they are out of power.

When they're IN power then its SPEND! CUTS TAXES OR BILLIONAIRES! and SPEND SPEND SPEND some more on DEFENCE AND WARS OF EMPIRE.

editec has been re-reading the highlights of the playbook again. The rhetorical talking pointlesses just keep on coming!

:clap2:

Witnhessing the 40 years of both parties playing this game does tend to make one less sympathetic to their lies, that is true.

Tell me, how much has the national debt gone down during REPUBLICAN ADMISTRATIONS during your lifetime?

During mine, the answer is ZERO.

Not that the Dems did much better, but still...facts are facts.

The GOP has never cared about the national debt until they are out of power.

Then, of course, they become terribly concerned about it.

To the GOP the national debt is only important when they are out of power.

When they're IN power then its SPEND! CUTS TAXES OR BILLIONAIRES! and SPEND SPEND SPEND some more on DEFENCE AND WARS OF EMPIRE.

editec has been re-reading the highlights of the playbook again. The rhetorical talking pointlesses just keep on coming!

:clap2:

Witnhessing the 40 years of both parties playing this game does tend to make one less sympathetic to their lies, that is true.

Tell me, how much has the national debt gone down during REPUBLICAN ADMISTRATIONS during your lifetime?

During mine, the answer is ZERO.

Not that the Dems did much better, but still...facts are facts.

The GOP has never cared about the national debt until they are out of power.

Then, of course, they become terribly concerned about it.

Oh please. Give it a rest. Class warfare rhetoric is so Abby Hoffman and Saul Alinsky.

Yeah yeah. Republicans are all fat old cigar chomping (balding) middle aged white men. They all favor (and exclusively favor) giving tax breaks to fat cat billionaires. They're all racists. They love to walk on the backs of "those" poor under class unwashed masses, especially, of course, if the underclass masses happen to be blacks or Hispanics.

If you'd lose your stereotyping mentality, you actually do have some reasonable points to make. For example, it's NOT just liberal Democratics who have been to blame for massive, irresponsible SPENDING. The GOP bears plenty of responsibility for that irresponsible behavior and the horrid outcome we are now witnessing.

But then you pile on with more stale and very silly hyperbole. Yeah: The GOP does its shit for War and Empire. :eusa_hand:

Sorry. Your cred sinks lower each time you resort to that stale shit.

In Richard Clarke's book he told that in George W. Bush's first cabinet meeting Cheney said, "The Debt Doesn't Matter, Reagan Proved That." He was referring to the fact that in 1981 the debt was less than $1 trillion and when George Herbert Walker Bush left office in 1993 the debt had quadrupled to more than $4 trillion.

Of course during the two terms of George W. Bush he cut taxes twice...in 2001 and 2003 and doubled the national debt from $5.7 trillion to over $11 trillion.
It's an old Family Tradition....​

11/20/02

"When Bush left the White House, the last debt numbers published by the Bush Regime was $5.66 trillion, when, in fact, the actual size of the debt was about $14 trillion. In other words, the national debt was about three times the stated numbers.

Clinton got very nervous because one of the things he had done very early in the regime was try to get his people to figure out how much the nation was in debt and what the actual size of the then current budget deficit was. Nobody in the Clinton Administration knew. They knew they were inheriting a federal budget deficit.

The Bush Administration had publicly stated that the federal budget deficit for fiscal 1992 was $360 billion. As it turned out, the fiscal budget deficit for 1992 going into calendar year 1993 was over $700 billion.

Like most people in Washington, Clinton understood that Ronald Reagan was a figurehead and that it was really the Bush Cabal, which was running things for all of those 12 years. He also understood that the Bush Cabal had perpetrated the greatest fraud ever committed against the American people and that the Bush Cabal had essentially destroyed the economy of the United States - which in fact they had."

What a silly post. If you ever figure out what "debt held by the public" means, let me know.
Most mature/educated adults would recognize that to mean The National Debt.

Thank You for (well) representing the....,

[

The weirdest thing which happens in America...in each election, the bible thumping people in the poorest section of our country go to the polls and vote unanimously against their own interest. .
Some of these liberals seem genuinely not to realize what assholes it makes them look like.

Constantly insulting people of faith (you know, the majority of Americans) is another favorite of these liberal douchebags.

Maybe that will change. The south is where all the "Holy Ghost" bullschit reigns supreme.
Those folks will....

....especially if there's a price-tag attached!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhdalhorJJ8]God Stuff 'laughter and money' - YouTube[/ame]​

It's an old Family Tradition....​

What a silly post. If you ever figure out what "debt held by the public" means, let me know.

I loved your link claiming GHW Bush suddenly stole the money out of the Trust Funds and replaced it with worthless debt.

You should cut and paste the best parts of your link.
I'm sure everyone could use a good laugh.
Let me know if you ever learn the difference between
the "National Debt" and "Debt held by the Public"

While you wait and hope (in vain) that demographics shift over the next several decades to match your ridiculous bigotry and insecurity, the reality is that mindless bashing of the faithful is not a winning political move. Of course liberal nobodies like you who will never run for or amount to anything can chortle with your fellow androgynous airheads at cocktail parties and circle-stroke your egos as you indulge in hateful, unamerican rhetoric because, really, who the fuck cares what you say?

Yeah...methinks anybody who believes the creator of the universe chose to drop by and leave the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of ignorant goat herders who believed the earth was flat and did animal sacrifices has their heads up their arses so far that no wonder they don't see the light.

Also...you might make note of the fact that the jews wrote all that virgin birth, healing by touching, walking on water, feeding thousands with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers etc. and now they don't even believe it themselves.

As far as politicians believing in ancient god worship...they're either also ignorant or know that they can't win without the pretense of believing. 'Course I can't imagine a politician telling a lie! LMAO!

Yes, yes, you have established that not only do you fail to understand politics, but that you are too hopelessly dim-witted to grasp one of the fundamental aspects of the human condition itself. Like most atheists, you want to parade your disability around as if it is something to boast about, your incredible self-obsession blinding you to anything outside your insignificant and deluded little ego.

I was brainwashed with that horse schit by my own family beginning as an infant. My third and fourth grade teachers at McKenzie and Milan, TN assigned bible verses on Mondays and each youngster had to memorize them and quote them back to the class on Fridays. I was baptized before a congregation of nearly 1000 in March, 1957. I lived in the church and tithed my gross till I was over sixty years old. Only the very brainwashed and the very ignorant believe a load of schit like that. I think anybody who continues to believe in ancient gods, whether by their own making or early life brainwashing is basically a fool. I know I'm a little slow but after I read of the dozens of stories of virgin birth, son of god, saviors of the world crucified individuals dating back as far as Horus 3000 years before the Jewish version I dropped it like a used condom. That kind of story went around N. Africa and the middle east thousands of years before the Jesus myth. Like I said...the Jews wrote it and they don't even believe it.

So, in your dotage you became weak and lost your faith. That is your problem, and indicative of absolutely nothing else.

In Richard Clarke's book he told that in George W. Bush's first cabinet meeting Cheney said, "The Debt Doesn't Matter, Reagan Proved That." He was referring to the fact that in 1981 the debt was less than $1 trillion and when George Herbert Walker Bush left office in 1993 the debt had quadrupled to more than $4 trillion.

Of course during the two terms of George W. Bush he cut taxes twice...in 2001 and 2003 and doubled the national debt from $5.7 trillion to over $11 trillion.

What he meant was, if you're rich and already have it made don't worry...the stock market will do just fine. What we're seeing now is that for 90% of Americans...it does matter.

Wait, so no all of the sudden, Liberals think Cheny was right?

lol

I loved your link claiming GHW Bush suddenly stole the money out of the Trust Funds and replaced it with worthless debt.

Debt held by the public does not include the money borrowed from the trust funds the GOP intends to default on, changing it from money borrowed to money stolen.

Debt held by the public does not include the money borrowed from the trust funds the GOP intends to default on, changing it from money borrowed to money stolen.

Correct, Debt held by the Public excludes money held in the "Trust Funds". The silly link I'm mocking claims that somehow, secretly, GHW Bush stole the money in the "Trust Funds" to make his National Debt numbers look like $5.66 trillion instead of the actual $14 trillion.

Makes all the other stupid stuff Shaman posts look like PhD material. :lol:

Correct, Debt held by the Public excludes money held in the "Trust Funds". The silly link I'm mocking claims that somehow, secretly, GHW Bush stole the money in the "Trust Funds" to make his National Debt numbers look like $5.66 trillion instead of the actual $14 trillion.

Regardless of all the Republican/Fox News bullschit George W. Bush assumed a balanced budget with surpluses projected all the way to the out years, cut taxes using reconciliation to block a Democratic filibuster in 2001, did it again in 2003...same way. Started two wars and paying for them never crossed his mind. He left annual interest payments on the debt accrued by his daddy, Reagan and his own amounting to nearly half a trillion dollars a year. Somehow all that obligation was passed onto Barack Obama...at least in the minds of the non thinkers, i.e. Republicans.

Regardless of all the Republican/Fox News bullschit George W. Bush assumed a balanced budget with surpluses projected all the way to the out years, cut taxes using reconciliation to block a Democratic filibuster in 2001, did it again in 2003...same way. Started two wars and paying for them never crossed his mind. He left annual interest payments on the debt accrued by his daddy, Reagan and his own amounting to nearly half a trillion dollars a year. Somehow all that obligation was passed onto Barack Obama...at least in the minds of the non thinkers, i.e. Republicans.

That's awful, I'll never vote for him again. :lol:

Somehow that obligation was passed onto Obama?
Somehow?
Yeah, when he won the election, moron.
If he wants to admit he can't handle it and resign now, at least he'll save himself the electoral beating he'll suffer next year.

Forum List

Back