Dick Cheney and Sean Hannity discussing judge appointments

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
HANNITY: Last question on judges. Two hundred and fourteen years, we've never had a judge that would have otherwise been approved by the Senate filibustered. We had this deal, seven Republicans, seven Democrats, that it might result in, basically, people not getting an up-or-down vote. Is that fair?

CHENEY
: Well, I think we need to restore the traditional practice of the last 214 years.

HANNITY: Yes.

CHENEY: The agreement that has been made has produced some progress in the last few weeks. That is, we've gotten a number of judges through just in the last few days. If that agreement holds, and the filibuster is not used on the judicial nominations, then I think that'll be a major success, in the sense that we've returned to traditional practices there.

Traditionally, we haven't filibustered judicial appointments. Republicans haven't done it. The Democrats shouldn't do it, either. And we'll see what develops.

If they do, if they go back to sort of a systemic filibuster of judges, then we've always got the option, or the constitutional option, of...

HANNITY: Going back to it?

CHENEY: ... modifying the Senate precedents.
FOXNews.com - Vice President Dick Cheney Talks With Sean Hannity - Sean Hannity | Alan Colmes | Hannity & Colmes

What an interesting little exchange.

Is Sean Hannity holding up Obama's judges?

Maybe you can make more jokes about Cheney's heart attacks?

HANNITY: Last question on judges. Two hundred and fourteen years, we've never had a judge that would have otherwise been approved by the Senate filibustered. We had this deal, seven Republicans, seven Democrats, that it might result in, basically, people not getting an up-or-down vote. Is that fair?

CHENEY
: Well, I think we need to restore the traditional practice of the last 214 years.

HANNITY: Yes.

CHENEY: The agreement that has been made has produced some progress in the last few weeks. That is, we've gotten a number of judges through just in the last few days. If that agreement holds, and the filibuster is not used on the judicial nominations, then I think that'll be a major success, in the sense that we've returned to traditional practices there.

Traditionally, we haven't filibustered judicial appointments. Republicans haven't done it. The Democrats shouldn't do it, either. And we'll see what develops.

If they do, if they go back to sort of a systemic filibuster of judges, then we've always got the option, or the constitutional option, of...

HANNITY: Going back to it?

CHENEY: ... modifying the Senate precedents.
FOXNews.com - Vice President Dick Cheney Talks With Sean Hannity - Sean Hannity | Alan Colmes | Hannity & Colmes

What an interesting little exchange.

Wait a minute..."traditionally we haven't filibustered judicial appointments. Republicans haven't done it"....did he really say that?

A15....have you read the comments by dems who were against this and are now for it? is that interesting to you?

Yes, they are hypocrites too. What else is new? More often than not I point out right wing hypocrisy ... you like to point out left wing hypocrisy.

This thread is about Mr.Hannity and Mr.Cheney's hypocrisy, not the dems. Do you have any meaningful commentary on it?

A15....have you read the comments by dems who were against this and are now for it? is that interesting to you?

Yes, they are hypocrites too. What else is new? More often than not I point out right wing hypocrisy ... you like to point out left wing hypocrisy.

This thread is about Mr.Hannity and Mr.Cheney's hypocrisy, not the dems. Do you have any meaningful commentary on it?

Do we have a clip of Cheney actually saying he didn't agree with using the option and then saying he did? I mean of him, the individual person.... ya know, like we have of Obama invoking the Founders in his disapproval?

Do we have a clip of Cheney actually saying he didn't agree with using the option and then saying he did? I mean of him, the individual person.... ya know, like we have of Obama invoking the Founders in his disapproval?

Admittedly, no, not of Cheney. He's been a bit incapacitated the past couple of days and has been unavailable for comment.

Cheney is holding up Obama's judges in the Senate...amazing...the guy may really be Satan.

Great find, A15! Very few people were aware of Cheney's otherworldy powers

Cheney is holding up Obama's judges in the Senate...amazing...the guy may really be Satan.

Great find, A15! Very few people were aware of Cheney's otherworldy powers

I'm making no such claim and you know it.

It's just a conversation between the prototypical right wing douchebag and ***** Cheney that illustrates that the GOP are a bunch of fuggin' hypocrites on this issue too, partna'.

It would be nice to discuss an actually policy rather than someone else hypocracy because I already know that most politicians are liars. Do you agree with the reasons that they are being blocked or not?

It would be nice to discuss an actually policy rather than someone else hypocracy because I already know that most politicians are liars. Do you agree with the reasons that they are being blocked or not?

Name them.

Forum List

Back