Dick Armey throws Hoffman under the bus

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Well, it was only a matter of time. Yet, you threw your support behind him Dick.

Think Progress » Armey throws Hoffman under the bus: ‘He didn’t pay enough attention to the local concerns.’

“The fact of the matter is, he didn’t pay enough attention to the local concerns, and they were able to tag him as being unaware of the local needs and concerns,” Armey said.

In fact, all of those so called "Conservatives" threw their support behind Hoffman. So what does that say about "Conservatives" who are too wrapped up in party politics and end up supporting a man who didn't pay attention to local concerns. Local concerns, you know, the concerns of the people he's actually suppose to be representing and not the GOP in Washington D.C.

Least Dick Armey admits Hoffman was a screw up. Palin 1.0 and now Palin 2.0 has failed. But I'm sure, they'll be back.

Edit: Fun blog piece below:

http://northcountrypublicradio.org/...1/did-dick-armey-just-throw-doug-hoffman.html

Coming to Mr. Hoffman's defense, former House Majority Leader Dick Armey, R-Texas, who accompanied the candidate on a campaign swing, dismissed regional concerns as "parochial" issues that would not determine the outcome of the election.

:rofl:

Though maybe next time, "Conservatives" will pick a candidate that actually lives in the district. :lol:

Last edited:
Typical response from the republicans...they did the same thing to McCain

"It is not our message that is wrong, it is the people we forced to deliver our message"

Typical response from the republicans...they did the same thing to McCain

"It is not our message that is wrong, it is the people we forced to deliver our message"

Of course. And it was Armey's ignorance that ended up being the same reason he said Hoffman lost. Twice now have people rejected this brand of so called "Conservatism." First it was with Palin in the 08 election and now it is with Hoffman.

Dick Army.. I've heard he is a great organizer but he sure is a creepy old thing, isn't he?

:eusa_sick:

Not sure who allowed him back in the public eye.

I wonder what our tea party members on this board think of what Dick Armey said. I'm sure certain people like Sinatra will denounce him, especially since this might be seen as a attack on Palin.

I yield to the Obama folks. They know when someone gets thrown under the bus better than most. Obama, best in the business at throwing folks under a bus. Gee, he's doing it to a whole nation.

All I can say is, better create jobs in a big hurry Dems.

I yield to the Obama folks. They know when someone gets thrown under the bus better than most. Obama, best in the business at throwing folks under a bus. Gee, he's doing it to a whole nation.

Nice attempt at going off-topic troll. Probably one of your heroes just threw Hoffman under the bus. So let me ask you, why did you support a candidate who did not address local concerns enough?

Nice attempt at going off-topic troll. Probably one of your heroes just threw Hoffman under the bus. So let me ask you, why did you support a candidate who did not address local concerns enough?

Hoffman was the most conservative of the group. I have no say over Mr. Armey's choice of candidate. Obama is the one who is putting the most local spin on NY and NJ elections. You know, the bus guy and job "saver/creator"?

Trolling for your obsession, I see.

Still a spiteful bitch over that thread I see. Careful to not clutch those pearls too hard now Modo. Though I must ask, how does it feel to have so much in common with a pinball? You both go place to place getting knocked around until people get bored with you.

"spiteful bitch" is an indeed an accurate description of si modo. "lack of critical thinking ability" is another accurate term for her.

So is Hoffman lying right next to Obama's grandmother?

$Thread-Offtopic-Jules.jpg
:razz:

Forum List

Back