Dianne Feinstein: Benjamin Netanyahu 'Arrogant' For Claiming To Speak For All Jews

How would rightwingers have reacted if President Obama had given a speech in Israel - TWO weeks before the 2012 U.S. General Election?

How would rightwingers have reacted if President Obama had given a speech in Israel - TWO weeks before the 2012 U.S. General Election?
The what if issues..............LOL

A few hundred would show up to hear him speak and it would be laughable...............

Obama has ditched them already and they know it.

Nope, sorry.
Feinstein was born Dianne Emiel Goldman[1] in San Francisco, to Betty (née Rosenburg), a former model, and Leon Goldman, a surgeon. Feinstein's paternal grandparents were Jewish emigrants from Poland, while her maternal grandparents, the Rosenburg family, from Saint Petersburg Russia, were of Jewish or German ancestry,[5][6] but were of the Russian Orthodox faith.[7][5]

The what if issues..............LOL

A few hundred would show up to hear him speak and it would be laughable...............

Obama has ditched them already and they know it.

If only it were true.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said Sunday that it was "arrogant" for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to presume to speak for all Jews on a potential nuclear deal between the United States and Iran.

Netanyahu has defended his upcoming speech to Congress on Iran in part by saying that he feels like he is an "emissary of all Israelis, even those who disagree with me, of the entire Jewish people."

During an appearance on CNN's "State of The Union," Feinstein, who is Jewish, dismissed the suggestion that Netanyahu spoke on her behalf.

"No, he doesn't speak for me on this," she said. "I think it's a rather arrogant statement. I think the Jewish community is like any other community, there are different points of view. I think that arrogance does not befit Israel, candidly. I think Israel is a nation that needs to be protected, that needs to stand free, that hopefully can work constructively with Palestinians to have a side-by-side state and to put an end to the bitterness that has plagued this whole area."

Feinstein said that, despite her criticisms, she plans to attend Netanyahu's speech to Congress Tuesday.

More: Dianne Feinstein: Benjamin Netanyahu 'Arrogant' For Claiming To Speak For All Jews

I agree with Feinstein. I also think that Netanyahu is just naturally an arrogant person.
Actually, he should have said "right" thinking Jews, since his favorability, according to Gallup, depends on what side of the political fence you fall on (if you have any idea at all which side you are on in the first place). I feel DF is right, I felt the same way when bama claimed to speak for for all blacks, or even all Americans - that'd be really audacious and arrogant! I'm sure DF agrees also.

Straw argument.....................Him speaking here doesn't represent all the views of Israel.............and I doubt Bibbi ever said anything of the sort.............

The Liberals are just pissed at him, because he will not do as Obama and they say and nothing more.............

This is just political grand standing.............

He is a leader from an nation we consider an ally..................and he is here to speak on Iran.............

And I for one am interested in what he has to say.......................

And the OPEN MIKE comments by Obama were a slap in the face to Bibbi...............he is a leader who wants to speak here....................and I say LET HIM SPEAK...............

Then decide if you agree or disagree with him......................as a matter of respect to a leader of Israel.
Since congress gave him the biggest soapbox on earth to give a campaign speech, you don't reckon they would invite his opposition to speak? Just to be fair and all. Probably not.
When bama made his world tour to visit foreign leaders in '08, being not a leader of anything but a mere candidate in an upcoming election, US media sent anchors galore along to cover him. When Romney went overseas he was covered by Brian Williams (yes, that guy) in a studio in New York in an "in other political news" section. Americans barely pay attention to the "political news" never mind the "in other political news." I was going to say that "fair" isn't really an issue in politics, but actually, it's made an issue more than the issues are made issues. Sort of a dumbed down issue that Americans can leech onto like it was a government handout.

Four months before his election in '08 he was doing the speakin' and the meetin' all over Israel and McCain's beef was that bama had been inconsistent in statements regarding the dealing with Iran. But I'm sure there were great instances of the right being just as hypocritical as the left is now, for sure.

netanyahu-is-a-sociopath.jpg

SyrianFreePress? Really? Aside from the obvious misnomer, what kind of scummie shops for pix there?

According to The Hill, more than 50 congressional Democrats have said they are skipping the controversial speech. Among those boycotting are Sens. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.). Vice President Joe Biden is also missing the speech due to overseas travel.

Elizabeth Warren, Al Franken Join Growing List Of Democrats Skipping Netanyahu Speech

I applaud all Democrats who boycott that little Nutanyahoo prick.
Yes, who knows we dont want our legislators to listen to anything that might conflict with the great drone coming out of the White House. Hell, next thing you'll have Democrats thinking independently. Then what??

Forum List

Back