Dialogue with a secularist

Each reply after my post displays the answer to all the questions ask.

Basically I have no problem with christians or religion what I do have a problem with is the attitude of christians and any other religion including Muslins.

Morals do come from religion as it is a part of our society and that is the only place morals can come from. The blueprint was set by the bible and the people of that time and refined through history.

The human race has faced many trials and tribulations at the feet of religion and it has also been responsible for many good deeds, but religion has become a block to the human race advancing beyond the 20th century.

We are now faced with religion taking part in our government in areas where they should never be. At some time in the future religion will be placed where it belongs and this will come about simply because the human race will advance beyond deities and the association of faith.

Now when will religion take a back seat. I venture to say within the next 25 to 50 years with a likelyhood of in the next 20 years.

We are faced with a problem we haven't been confronted with before and as of yet refuse to acknowledge it is there. We are not fighting just some terriorists in the middle east we are fighting a religion that will grow continuously regardless of what we do and as it grows so does the hate associated with it. With over a billion participates in the religion at the present time and each new member is born into the religion it will in time be the dominate religion. Since it is always associated with government the outcome is realistic.

This and this alone will bring about death and destruction the world has never known in its history. We can argue myself and people like me are crazy or do not have the intelligence to uderstand what we are talking about and that is possible but when you study history religion or the lack of religion has been responsible for a large part of the rise and fall of nations and people.

Therefore religion will in the end be put in its place to work with society instead of trying to control it.

Religion is related to smoking mirrors and political promises.
E.L. Lewis

We are now faced with religion taking part in our government in areas where they should never be.

Point of order - Religous principles were the foundations of our government; our government to day is 'less' acknowledging of God today than it was 100 years ago.

techhead said:
Each reply after my post displays the answer to all the questions ask.

Basically I have no problem with christians or religion what I do have a problem with is the attitude of christians and any other religion including Muslins.

Morals do come from religion as it is a part of our society and that is the only place morals can come from. The blueprint was set by the bible and the people of that time and refined through history.

The human race has faced many trials and tribulations at the feet of religion and it has also been responsible for many good deeds, but religion has become a block to the human race advancing beyond the 20th century.

We are now faced with religion taking part in our government in areas where they should never be. At some time in the future religion will be placed where it belongs and this will come about simply because the human race will advance beyond deities and the association of faith.

Now when will religion take a back seat. I venture to say within the next 25 to 50 years with a likelyhood of in the next 20 years.

We are faced with a problem we haven't been confronted with before and as of yet refuse to acknowledge it is there. We are not fighting just some terriorists in the middle east we are fighting a religion that will grow continuously regardless of what we do and as it grows so does the hate associated with it. With over a billion participates in the religion at the present time and each new member is born into the religion it will in time be the dominate religion. Since it is always associated with government the outcome is realistic.

This and this alone will bring about death and destruction the world has never known in its history. We can argue myself and people like me are crazy or do not have the intelligence to uderstand what we are talking about and that is possible but when you study history religion or the lack of religion has been responsible for a large part of the rise and fall of nations and people.

Therefore religion will in the end be put in its place to work with society instead of trying to control it.

Religion is related to smoking mirrors and political promises.
E.L. Lewis
exactly how is religion controlling our government and blocking our advance into the 21st century?

I think that the interviewer was trying to get the interviewee to admit to something that he didn't believe.

People extremely adept in logic are at least two things:

Not afraid to admit errors and capable of staying on point.

The interviewer was trying to say that academia is immoral because it is secular and the interviewee just disagreed and refused to really argue the point.

The interviewer came to the table determined, I think, to get his guest to admit that fact, i.e. he started at a conclusion.

A logician finds pleasure in starting with a premise and reaching a conclusion.

MJDuncan1982 said:
I think that the interviewer was trying to get the interviewee to admit to something that he didn't believe.

People extremely adept in logic are at least two things:

Not afraid to admit errors and capable of staying on point.

The interviewer was trying to say that academia is immoral because it is secular and the interviewee just disagreed and refused to really argue the point.

The interviewer came to the table determined, I think, to get his guest to admit that fact, i.e. he started at a conclusion.

A logician finds pleasure in starting with a premise and reaching a conclusion.

No. The point is that the secularist couldn't use his principles to arrive at any moral conclusions whatsoever.

http://www.rif.org

Forum List

Back