DHS preparing to arrest sanctuary city leaders?

funny how the cons abandon *states rights* when it doesn't involve stomping on minorities

not surprising, though
A state has a right to harbor and protect criminals and illegals?

Where in the constitution does it say that states can act like independent countries?

Another poster who does not know the legal meaning of "harbor and protect".
Harbor by giving them legal residency (such as ID's and work permits) and protect by giving them govt. services, such as healthcare, shelter, welfare and education etc.

These states are behaving like rogue nations.

10 Countries Where American Fugitives Can Hide Out

Spain remains global crime hub and haven for fugitives

5 Countries With No U.S. Extradition Treaty

Actually, the reason that I am totally calm is because virtually everything Trump has promised to do about illegals is unconstitutional, and ain't gonna happen. Like, when he first announced his candidacy, and promised to deport 12 million illegals in 2 years. It was pointed out to him that you can not arrest people and deport them just because they speak Spanish, and go by the name of Jose. He replied that it was perfectly legal to do that. Yet, no unusual deportation numbers have happened. Then, he promised to cut federal grants to "sanctuary cities". Federal court told him to think again. Now, he wants to arrest people who run sanctuary cities. Not until he shreds the constitution. The wall, is not unconstitutional, but all he is actually going to get is a little longer fence, and even that is in doubt. Within 10 years, it will be one long graffiti covered collapsing eyesore.
Biggest lie of the week! They aren't "rounded up" for speaking spanish, liar, they are criminals here illegally!

My god, you are dense! How the hell do you know they are illegals unless you round them up? How do you round them up. if you do not have probable cause? Jeeeze!
I'm not dense and you are a liar. If you supported Americans like you do illegal criminals you may actually be an American.

I understand your frustration. It is that damned Bill of Rights getting in your way again. Pity....
Aliens do not have many rights under out BoR's. Next lie.

Tell me. I have a guy who trims my grapefruit trees every winter. His name is Jose. Is he an alien?

Biggest lie of the week! They aren't "rounded up" for speaking spanish, liar, they are criminals here illegally!

My god, you are dense! How the hell do you know they are illegals unless you round them up? How do you round them up. if you do not have probable cause? Jeeeze!
I'm not dense and you are a liar. If you supported Americans like you do illegal criminals you may actually be an American.

I understand your frustration. It is that damned Bill of Rights getting in your way again. Pity....

Tell me. I have a guy who trims my grapefruit trees every winter. His name is Jose. Is he an alien?
Yes.

Yes.

Well congratulations! You have promoted yourself to judge and jury! You have bypassed all that pussyfooting around that is required by the Constitution, and just went straight bigot!

I'm done with you.

When you have a warrant, why run away to Cuba, Russia or N Korea when you can just drive to California?

Yes.

Well congratulations! You have promoted yourself to judge and jury! You have bypassed all that pussyfooting around that is required by the Constitution, and just went straight bigot!

I'm done with you.
Jose will not be pruning your trees next year.

Yes.

I'm done with you.

You going to make him wear a gold star on his shirt, and move him to the ghetto, first?

Yes.

I'm done with you.

You going to make him wear a gold star on his shirt, and move him to the ghetto, first?
Of course not, what do you think I am, a liberal?

He will have to show his green card or naturalization papers. Same as me or any legal citizen.

I'm not concerned with how it affects you. I'm wondering how all the legal citizens will react to your political leaders resisting the federal government on behalf of illegal aliens while disregarding the rights of legal citizens. Illegals using government benefits while citizens are denied. Illegals driving up housing costs while legal citizens can't afford to rent an apartment. Illegals using up your natural resources like electricity and water while legal citizens rates go up because of shortages.

It seems as though your political leaders make one blunder after another. No wonder their candidates have lost over 1,000 seats during the past few years.

Poor Aba. Had to wait another 15 minutes at the emergency room because there was an illegal alien bleeding to death in front of him, but has no problem with the financial industry causing his net worth to drop by 50% in 2008 due to deregulation of their industry, the loss of millions of jobs, and the melt down of the auto industry, which then all had to be bailed out with tax money.
Calm yourself, lady. None of that addresses your politicians protecting illegals using citizen's resources.

Actually, the reason that I am totally calm is because virtually everything Trump has promised to do about illegals is unconstitutional, and ain't gonna happen. Like, when he first announced his candidacy, and promised to deport 12 million illegals in 2 years. It was pointed out to him that you can not arrest people and deport them just because they speak Spanish, and go by the name of Jose. He replied that it was perfectly legal to do that. Yet, no unusual deportation numbers have happened. Then, he promised to cut federal grants to "sanctuary cities". Federal court told him to think again. Now, he wants to arrest people who run sanctuary cities. Not until he shreds the constitution. The wall, is not unconstitutional, but all he is actually going to get is a little longer fence, and even that is in doubt. Within 10 years, it will be one long graffiti covered collapsing eyesore.
defending the US is unconstitutional?? really...??

Does not even warrant the dignity of a serious response....
just as I thought--you don't have an answer

He's an idiot, you don't prune Grapefruit trees in the winter. SMFH

Where is the nitwit that was here last night stating over and over "it's not illegal to be here until you have a trial declaring you are here illegally"
That shows you the liberal mindset, deluded into confusing wishful emotions with fact

Where is the nitwit that was here last night stating over and over "it's not illegal to be here until you have a trial declaring you are here illegally"
That shows you the liberal mindset, deluded into confusing wishful emotions with fact

actually, if you're not here legally, you aren't here legally. however you do have to be accorded a minimum due process before being deported. it's not a lot of due process but there's some.

Is he from Proxima Centauri? Does he look like this?

alien_gardener_trainees___easier_to_do_it_oneself_by_8moments-db3wlj0.jpg

Imagine the logic that it is not illegal to break into my house until you are caught(and the method of your apprehension will be subject to great civil rights scrutiny) , tried and found guilty
That is what some are offering here as a defense of "illegals aren't illegal"

About time...cry regressives...cry for criminals.

DHS preparing to arrest leaders of sanctuary cities

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen confirmed Tuesday that her department has asked federal prosecutors to see if they can lodge criminal charges against sanctuary cities that refuse to cooperate with federal deportation efforts.

“The Department of Justice is reviewing what avenues may be available,” Ms. Nielsen told the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Her confirmation came after California’s new sanctuary law went into effect Jan. 1, severely restricting cooperation the state or any of its localities could offer....

DHS asked prosecutors to charge sanctuary city leaders
This is a federal problem that should be solved at the federal borders; not infringe upon the authority of the several States.
In other words we need to build a wall.
spend and finance is all the right wing knows how to do.

why not a revenue generating policy; to much capitalism involved?
Regressive liberals have made it clear they are against any revenue building by showing they are against tax reform and for resource draining illegals.
They had nothing but repeal, before. they never had better solutions at lower cost.

Forum List

Back