DHS now going after Drunk Drivers - YAY

I drive drunk (legally drunk, not actually drunk) at least once a week. I've been doing that ever since I was 16 years old 41 years ago. Never been caught, never killed anyone, never got so much as a speeding ticket. You can piss off, so can the DHS.

Standard libertarian hogwash - I should be allowed to do anything i want until i actually harm someone.

In your loony land, everyone would be allowed to buy tons of dynamite at wal mart.

You like the idea of the federal government making up laws they can enforce?

Now pay attention, wingnut:

Homeland Security to assist with DWI arrests over Labor Day weekend - National Alex Jones | Examiner.com

August 30, 2012

The Department of Homeland Security is sending out its state watchdogs to arrest drunk drivers and draw their blood over Labor Day weekend.

In Tennessee, suspected drunk drivers will be subject to forced testing for blood alcohol levels. A new law allows police to get warrants and draw blood samples from people who appear to be driving impaired. Additionally, drivers can expect to see more sobriety checkpoints over the Labor Day weekend.

Tennessee has touted itself as the first state in the nation to have Transportation Security Administration (TSA) workers conducting random searches on its streets. Echoing DHS’s “See Something, Say Something” program, drivers are also urged to call authorities if they see something suspicious.

The state's Department of Safety & Homeland Security Commissioner, Bill Gibbons, has said, 'Where is a terrorist more apt to be found? Not these days on an airplane, more likely on the interstate.”

First off - Alex Jones? :lol:

Second - this is a Tennessee law, not a Federal law.

Third - who controls the Tennessee statehouse and passed this law?

Republicans.

THIS is the police state tactics that Republicans favor. Just like the wingnut SCOTUS majority has expanded police powers for entering homes without warrants, and exempting police from lawsuits when they kill your family dog, or shoot your husband or wife.

TSA (Thieving and Stealing Agency) has no jurisdiction. If they stop you for any reason don't cooperate, just say:

"What is your Probable Cause for stopping me?"
"What is your badge number? Who is your Supervisor?"

"Ever had a Personal Lawsuit slapped on you?"

If they're smart they'll just let you go. Problem is, most of them aren't, they're just Too Stupid for Fast Food.

You people better start learning what your rights are. Not what the TV says, but what they actually are.

So now the libertarian kooks think they have the right to drive drunk and kill others? Get help please.

How is pointing out that we have the right to drive down the street without being stopped by feds wrong?

I thought you wingnuts are always claiming that driving is a privilege, not a right?

Welcome to the police state folks. Good thing I don't live in Tn and didn't go driving around this weekend,probably would have ended up in jail. Wonder what kind of fucking traitor judge gives them warrants to do this shit.

Republican ones.

Homeland Security to assist with DWI arrests over Labor Day weekend - National Alex Jones | Examiner.com

August 30, 2012

The Department of Homeland Security is sending out its state watchdogs to arrest drunk drivers and draw their blood over Labor Day weekend.

In Tennessee, suspected drunk drivers will be subject to forced testing for blood alcohol levels. A new law allows police to get warrants and draw blood samples from people who appear to be driving impaired. Additionally, drivers can expect to see more sobriety checkpoints over the Labor Day weekend.

Tennessee has touted itself as the first state in the nation to have Transportation Security Administration (TSA) workers conducting random searches on its streets. Echoing DHS’s “See Something, Say Something” program, drivers are also urged to call authorities if they see something suspicious.

The state's Department of Safety & Homeland Security Commissioner, Bill Gibbons, has said, 'Where is a terrorist more apt to be found? Not these days on an airplane, more likely on the interstate.”

Republicans.

THIS is the police state tactics that Republicans favor. Just like the wingnut SCOTUS majority has expanded police powers for entering homes without warrants, and exempting police from lawsuits when they kill your family dog, or shoot your husband or wife.

You completely missed the point, not that I am surprised. DHS is a federal agency, they do not enforce state laws. In fact, they are specifically prohibited by federal, and state, laws from enforcing state laws. That means that, in order for DHS to arrest people for DWI, the federal government had to make up laws they can enforce.

August 30, 2012

Republicans.

You completely missed the point, not that I am surprised. DHS is a federal agency, they do not enforce state laws. In fact, they are specifically prohibited by federal, and state, laws from enforcing state laws. That means that, in order for DHS to arrest people for DWI, the federal government had to make up laws they can enforce.

But the Federal government hasn't made this law. Tennessee did.

You said, in direct reply to the OP:

Republicans.

Did you miss the part where federal law prohibits the feds from enforcing state law? Why do you think Congress went to all the trouble of writing a bunch of laws to make things federal crimes?

Did you miss the part where federal law prohibits the feds from enforcing state law? Why do you think Congress went to all the trouble of writing a bunch of laws to make things federal crimes?
So this post...

...really has nothing to do with the OP, right?

Even as a standalone statement it doesn't make sense. Of course the Federal government makes laws they can enforce. That's part of their job!

So this post...

...really has nothing to do with the OP, right?

Even as a standalone statement it doesn't make sense. Of course the Federal government makes laws they can enforce. That's part of their job!

It was more about the poster than the actual post.

Forum List

Back