DHS has Orded 450 Million 450 million .40 caliber Hollow-Points?...

My neighbor still has his guns locked in his concrete bunker his father built in the 60s when the Reds were going to nuke the world. He said Obama is coming to get them and they have sat there unused for 3 1/2 years.
When is the rapture again?

This is why it will happen because people don't think it will.

Obama is sneaky that way...

I'd keep my guns in a bunker too. Obama would never think to look there

He did say we must work under the radar and used fast and the furious so yes he is a sneaky bastard.

Gee, the hysteria over not understanding the logistics and the modern procurement process. I recall in 1991 when DS1 was kicking off, the Pentagon did a similiar order for something like 50,000 body bags. Colin Powell wrote about it in one of his books. When you're purchasing for a small-to-mid-sized entity, often there is a purchasing agent who has something like a dozen purchasers under her and they each have some buyers under them.

These buyers work with inventory control people. When the system uses an integrated purchasing program the actions of these ICs cause a chain reaction. Like one of my IC persons deleted some short-dated vaccine a while back. The vaccine was removed from the inventory system. The inventory system read that we were low on this vaccine and cut what amounts to a PO (Purchase Order) for it.

Now, if the items expired in such quantities that it dipped the stock on hand below the minimum stock level, the likelihood that I'd authorize re-purchasing of such a large amount is nil. BUT...if you were to look at our agreement with the vaccine wholesaler, we may purchase up to X amount of the product. It doesn't mean we are. It doesn't mean we intend to. It doesn't mean there is money set aside to make the purchase. It doesn't mean anythign except that our wholesaler MUST provide us with X quantity if we were disposed to purchase it.

We do it every year with flu vaccine and Hepatitis. Just in case.

There is a time for hysteria. This ain't it.

The purchase is over a five year period and provides for "up to" 450 million rounds. On buys like this they like to open it up to multiple agencies to get volume discounts

The volume discount thing shouldn't apply because it's an "up to" and discounts are usually based on the actual outlay of cash.

My post described how it worked in my small-to mid-sized enterprise. The monstrosity that is the DHS--something I do not support by the way--must have a system that would make my farily sophisticated system look like the Flintstones.

My neighbor still has his guns locked in his concrete bunker his father built in the 60s when the Reds were going to nuke the world. He said Obama is coming to get them and they have sat there unused for 3 1/2 years.
When is the rapture again?

This is why it will happen because people don't think it will.

Obama is sneaky that way...

I'd keep my guns in a bunker too. Obama would never think to look there

I put mine in my gun cabinet. Except my gun cabinet is disguised as a library to keep the republicans out.

New Topics

Forum List

Back