DHS has Orded 450 Million 450 million .40 caliber Hollow-Points?...

the ones on here implying/inferring (I can't remember which word to use in this case) that if Obama is not re-elected we will have mass riots and such. And the bullets are needed for that.

do I believe the ammo is for that? No, it's pistol ammo.

But the possibility of riots if Obama is not re-elected is within the realm of possibility

Heck, there is a possibility of riots if Obama is reelected. His supporters are about as bright as those people who riot when their soccer team wins and destroy their community.

yay, thanks for the pointless fear mongering. There is a possibility I could be eaten by ants tonight, but I am not sitting here with a can of raid.

You're gonna wish peace unto people as you give the thumbs up on hollow-point bullets and shooting a lot of people, all the while waving two guns from a pukey two-door Hyundai?

What the fuck do you know about peace?

And the least you could do is pose with your guns in an AMERICAN car shit fer brains.

^daving and it shows... :rofl:

:)

peace...

Good choice. Lower velocity and better stopping power. What's your point? Do you think that it makes more sense to purchase steel jacket?

I Observed the Round and the Number Claimed to be Purchased... I didn't Question the Logic behind the Specific Round...

Those are 40s I'm holding so it's Obvious I Approve of the Cal and Round. :thup:

Yes... I have Hollow-points in mine also... 12 Clips to be Specific.

I also have 2 SKSs... One is Original and the other is all Black and Custom.

Got a Gauge... 30-30... A 9...

peace...

My neighbor still has his guns locked in his concrete bunker his father built in the 60s when the Reds were going to nuke the world. He said Obama is coming to get them and they have sat there unused for 3 1/2 years.
When is the rapture again?

Good choice. Lower velocity and better stopping power. What's your point? Do you think that it makes more sense to purchase steel jacket?

I Observed the Round and the Number Claimed to be Purchased... I didn't Question the Logic behind the Specific Round...

Those are 40s I'm holding so it's Obvious I Approve of the Cal and Round. :thup:

Yes... I have Hollow-points in mine also... 12 Clips to be Specific.

I also have 2 SKSs... One is Original and the other is all Black and Custom.

Got a Gauge... 30-30... A 9...

peace...

you make a damned good target hanging out that car.

Last edited:
You don't use hollow points for training. They are much more expensive than fully jacketed rounds.

Most solders would not fight against their fellow countrymen...

Such an order would be illegal anyways - it would be tyranny.

Ahh the logic behind more and more serving to become citizens?

So if you were in the military you would violate your oath and would kill US citizens on behalf of the government?

I wouldn't.... I'd take my firearms (as much as I can take) and go home then I would join rebel forces..

Yup... Thus the line "all enemies foreign and domestic". The word domestic could definitely apply to someone who decided to remain in office a bit longer than the Constitution allowed. However, previous posters are correct in that the Military predominantly does not use .40 cal ammunition... That round is generally a Law enforcement caliber.

My neighbor still has his guns locked in his concrete bunker his father built in the 60s when the Reds were going to nuke the world. He said Obama is coming to get them and they have sat there unused for 3 1/2 years.

This is why it will happen because people don't think it will.

Gee, the hysteria over not understanding the logistics and the modern procurement process. I recall in 1991 when DS1 was kicking off, the Pentagon did a similiar order for something like 50,000 body bags. Colin Powell wrote about it in one of his books. When you're purchasing for a small-to-mid-sized entity, often there is a purchasing agent who has something like a dozen purchasers under her and they each have some buyers under them.

These buyers work with inventory control people. When the system uses an integrated purchasing program the actions of these ICs cause a chain reaction. Like one of my IC persons deleted some short-dated vaccine a while back. The vaccine was removed from the inventory system. The inventory system read that we were low on this vaccine and cut what amounts to a PO (Purchase Order) for it.

Now, if the items expired in such quantities that it dipped the stock on hand below the minimum stock level, the likelihood that I'd authorize re-purchasing of such a large amount is nil. BUT...if you were to look at our agreement with the vaccine wholesaler, we may purchase up to X amount of the product. It doesn't mean we are. It doesn't mean we intend to. It doesn't mean there is money set aside to make the purchase. It doesn't mean anythign except that our wholesaler MUST provide us with X quantity if we were disposed to purchase it.

We do it every year with flu vaccine and Hepatitis. Just in case.

There is a time for hysteria. This ain't it.

This is why it will happen because people don't think it will.

Obama is sneaky that way...

I'd keep my guns in a bunker too. Obama would never think to look there

Gee, the hysteria over not understanding the logistics and the modern procurement process. I recall in 1991 when DS1 was kicking off, the Pentagon did a similiar order for something like 50,000 body bags. Colin Powell wrote about it in one of his books. When you're purchasing for a small-to-mid-sized entity, often there is a purchasing agent who has something like a dozen purchasers under her and they each have some buyers under them.

These buyers work with inventory control people. When the system uses an integrated purchasing program the actions of these ICs cause a chain reaction. Like one of my IC persons deleted some short-dated vaccine a while back. The vaccine was removed from the inventory system. The inventory system read that we were low on this vaccine and cut what amounts to a PO (Purchase Order) for it.

Now, if the items expired in such quantities that it dipped the stock on hand below the minimum stock level, the likelihood that I'd authorize re-purchasing of such a large amount is nil. BUT...if you were to look at our agreement with the vaccine wholesaler, we may purchase up to X amount of the product. It doesn't mean we are. It doesn't mean we intend to. It doesn't mean there is money set aside to make the purchase. It doesn't mean anythign except that our wholesaler MUST provide us with X quantity if we were disposed to purchase it.

We do it every year with flu vaccine and Hepatitis. Just in case.

There is a time for hysteria. This ain't it.

The purchase is over a five year period and provides for "up to" 450 million rounds. On buys like this they like to open it up to multiple agencies to get volume discounts

New Topics

Forum List

Back