DHS Gears Up For Civil Unrest Prior To Presidential Election

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
Why would there be Civil Unrest BEFORE an election? Local Cops can't handle that :confused:
DHS gears up for civil unrest prior to presidential elections — RT

The Department of Homeland Security has ordered masses of riot gear equipment to prepare for potential significant domestic riots at the Republican National Convention, Democratic National Convention and next year’s presidential inauguration.
The urgency of the order can be explained by the fact that there is a growing anticipation that many demonstrators will travel to the Republican National Convention (RNC), scheduled for August 27-30 in Tampa Bay, Florida, and Democratic National Convention (DNC), planned for September 3-6 in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The RNC itself, for example, will have free speech zones, which will serve as containment quarters for the protesters by not allowing them to leave the designated areas and cause trouble.
I always thought that the entire United States was a "free speech zone".

And since when has the RNC been allowed to determine what and where is a "free speech zone"? :confused:

Yes, if Romney wins look forward to a return of the remote, all but invisible designated protest zone, nice of Obama not to continue that crappy little Bush invention.

Why do liberals have to protest and always so violently? Dont you have lives to live?

This kind of thing has been going on for a while, and it's not party affiliated. Look, the RNC and the DNC are as much a celebration as it is a political convention. Let the delagates have their day in the sun. I don't begrudge them that.

They shouldn't have to wade through a horde of protesters to get to the big event.

Maybe it's just me, but as much as I disagree with GOP policy and ideology, I don't hate them, and for that one day? Just let them be...if one doesn't choose their battles, they end up looking like assholes....just look at the Tea Party as an example...they daily find new shit to be outraged about and America is starting to tune them out like the little boy who cried wolf.

My office is in uptown Charlotte and I am steering clear of there the whole week. Working from home.

This kind of thing has been going on for a while, and it's not party affiliated. Look, the RNC and the DNC are as much a celebration as it is a political convention. Let the delagates have their day in the sun. I don't begrudge them that.

They shouldn't have to wade through a horde of protesters to get to the big event.

Maybe it's just me, but as much as I disagree with GOP policy and ideology, I don't hate them, and for that one day? Just let them be...if one doesn't choose their battles, they end up looking like assholes....just look at the Tea Party as an example...they daily find new shit to be outraged about and America is starting to tune them out like the little boy who cried wolf.

I disagree with your part of the Tea Party, but the overall tone I do agree with

I disagree with your part of the Tea Party, but the overall tone I do agree with

Both men are fairly moderate, neither has the drawbacks of candidates of recent history: Bush II/Cheney/Edwards/Reagan/Agnew/LBJ, etc.; the protests and strong emotions aroused by the two surprise me.

Don't you think that the 24 hour news cycle has something to do with that? I mean, these news outlets have to fill a hell of a lot of airtime. Hyperbole makes that easier, not to mention attracting viewers.

150 sets of riot gear for the entire DHS is preparing for civil unrest. Alrighty then. Perhaps people should actually read the articles that are posted.

Some of the occupy movement has been promising to "recreate 68". It got pretty violent during the democrat convention that year. Changed alot about that Democrat party

New Topics

Forum List

Back