DHS chief: SW border is largely controlled

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009

WASHINGTON - Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Monday that an unprecedented amount of manpower and technology has largely secured the Southwest border and clears the way for Congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform.

Napolitano said the Obama administration has met every benchmark set by Congress on border security and called on lawmakers to "quit moving the goal posts."

"We need Congress to fix our broken immigration system," Napolitano told the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute public-policy conference.

Napolitano is one of six Cabinet secretaries to address the two-day conference, which is being held during Hispanic Heritage Month.

In addition to immigration reform, Obama administration officials, lawmakers and experts will discuss policy initiatives dealing with the economy, education, financial services, health care and international relations.

Napolitano said the administration has reduced a yearlong backlog for legal immigrants applying for visas and citizenship, and has stepped up enforcement of laws against employers who hire and exploit illegal workers.

The president also has sent 1,200 National Guardsmen to the border until additional Border Patrol and customs agents are hired and trained to bolster security along the 2,000-mile border with Mexico.

Napolitano said it is important that the American people know the administration takes law enforcement seriously.

She said the Obama administration has provided an unprecedented amount of manpower and technology along the border to stanch illegal immigration and better secure U.S. border communities as violence increases in northern Mexico.

Napolitano said the United States is working with the Mexican government to stop the flow of contraband carried north by immigrants, as well as guns and bulk cash going south to drug-smuggling cartels.

Sure Janet, and I have ocean front property to sell you in AZ!!

WOW. What a load of horseshit that is.

I was just reading that there are parts of the border thay we citizens are urged to stay away from because they are unsafe.

You know. The drug dealers and mules use those areas to get into the ocuntry.

Sebelious needs to stop mouthing the party BS and go to the border on her own and take a look around. She might change her story in one damend hurry.

She cannot even say that will a straight face. Watch her. She need to watch Border Wars. Her and Obama. I think I will send her some of the video taken in Arizona by private citizens. Drugs and illegal are still coming over. More secure is not enough if nothing is done after they cross.

This is the absolute best thing about the destruction of the Progressive Media Monopoly.

She used to be able to get away with being a blatant lying **** fucking Nazi ([email protected])

Forum List

Back