DHS Adds White Supremacy To List Of Threats

It's about time!
------------------------------------------------------
Recent mass shootings have "galvanized the Department of Homeland Security to expand its counterterrorism mission focus beyond terrorists operating aboard," acting DHS Sec. Kevin McAleenan.
(snip)
or the first time since it was formed after the 9/11 attacks, the Department of Homeland Security is adding white supremacist violence to its list of priority threats in a revised counterterrorism strategy issued Friday.
"The continuing menace of racially based violent extremism, particularly white supremacist extremism, is an abhorrent affront to our nation, the struggle and unity of its diverse population, and the core values of both our society and our department," said Kevin McAleenan, the acting Homeland secretary, in a speech at the Brookings Institute in Washington.
DHS is stepping up its focus on what McAleenan called "targeted violence," in which an attacker selects the target in advance, driven by hate. Racism and anti-Semitism have fueled recent attacks on African-American churches, synagogues, and public places in California and Texas, he said.
The shooting at the Walmart in El Paso hit DHS particularly hard. Six of the victims were family members of DHS employees.
(snip)
While protecting the nation from foreign-inspired or directed terror attacks remains a core Homeland Security mission, McAleenan said recent mass shootings have "galvanized the Department of Homeland Security to expand its counterterrorism mission focus beyond terrorists operating aboard, to include those radicalized to violence within our borders by violent extremists of any ideology."
Department of Homeland Security strategy adds white supremacy to list of threats
White Supremacy is right up there with extreme Islam,
It amazes me how few threads there have been on USMB about of how the hate driven philosophy of white supremacist, has created a new terrorist threat to America . Could it be that USMB is dominated by the large numbers of Little Trumpsters, which don't come close to the actual demographics of America?
White leftist, you will become a target when you say blacks don't have the capability to find the DMV for a voter ID card.

I think all citizens should vote, America seems to have consistent low voter turnout, compared with other countries who have democratic election systems in place.
Hate to rain on your narrow-minded parade, that anyone to the left of you is a lefty.
Now considering the political deographic according Gallup, only 27% are Republican, Democrats 29% and Independents are at 40%. Therefore in your mind, 69% are to the left of you.(Evil leftist :disbelief:)
Party Affiliation
I am to the left of you, I'm an Independent who didn't vote for either Trump or Clinton because of their total lack of character. I vote pragmatically, not by ideology.
People like you vote straight ticket, without thought, no wonder my country is trending downward. Polarization and narrow ideologies are sinking the ship.
Didn't vote eh ?? LOL

re: post # 63

I have never registered with, as, or for any political affiliation.

I voted for Reagan for POTUS in 1980, the first time I was eligible to vote in a POTUS election.

I attended only one POTUS caucus & that was in Minnesota for then candidate Ron Paul.

I haven't voted for a major party candidate for POTUS since 1980, when I voted for Reagan.
I always regretted my vote for Reagan & shortly after he was inaugurated I understood what a fraud he was.
Do you think democrats are doing enough in black neighborhoods?

at a grass roots level, they are doing a lot more than the Repubs
What should republicans do?

great question; I believe GOP candidates in general don't see the black community as an avenue to grow a voter base.

what should republicans do? Honestly, I don't think there is anything they can do; at least without being judged as being disingenuous, or contrived, by the larger black community.
Do you know what oppression is?

just spit it out & tell US what's on your mind, concerning oppression ........

It's about time!
Recent mass shootings have "galvanized the Department of Homeland Security to expand its counterterrorism mission focus beyond terrorists operating aboard," acting DHS Sec. Kevin McAleenan.
(snip)
or the first time since it was formed after the 9/11 attacks, the Department of Homeland Security is adding white supremacist violence to its list of priority threats in a revised counterterrorism strategy issued Friday.
"The continuing menace of racially based violent extremism, particularly white supremacist extremism, is an abhorrent affront to our nation, the struggle and unity of its diverse population, and the core values of both our society and our department," said Kevin McAleenan, the acting Homeland secretary, in a speech at the Brookings Institute in Washington.
DHS is stepping up its focus on what McAleenan called "targeted violence," in which an attacker selects the target in advance, driven by hate. Racism and anti-Semitism have fueled recent attacks on African-American churches, synagogues, and public places in California and Texas, he said.
The shooting at the Walmart in El Paso hit DHS particularly hard. Six of the victims were family members of DHS employees.
(snip)
While protecting the nation from foreign-inspired or directed terror attacks remains a core Homeland Security mission, McAleenan said recent mass shootings have "galvanized the Department of Homeland Security to expand its counterterrorism mission focus beyond terrorists operating aboard, to include those radicalized to violence within our borders by violent extremists of any ideology."
Department of Homeland Security strategy adds white supremacy to list of threats
It amazes me how few threads there have been on USMB about of how the hate driven philosophy of white supremacist, has created a new terrorist threat to America . Could it be that USMB is dominated by the large numbers of Little Trumpsters, which don't come close to the actual demographics of America?
white supremacists murder less than 10 per YEAR
blacks murder over 3000 per year--over 8 per DAY
The Long List of Killings Committed by White Extremists Since the Oklahoma City Bombing
blacks commit hate crimes at TWICE the rate of whites
Offenders
blacks 13% of the population...whites about 65%--yet:
white on black murders - 229
black on white murders -500
Expanded Homicide Data Table 6
etc

So, because 'white supremacists murder less than 10 per YEAR' you gonna give whitey a pass on the white supremacy threat issue?
...how come blacks are not put on the list as they commit HATE crimes at twice the rate of whites?? and they don't even label a LOT of hate crimes they commit as hate crimes

Man, you Little Trumpster are really bad at deflection.
White supremacists target race and religious beliefs, in other words, hate crimes. Where as black violence are crimes that don't target such a narrow demographic as hate crimes, Their violence has been against every race (including their own), no specific religion and politics. Also haven't been consistently large mass killing. There is no question, that something has to be done about the high crime rates in the black community.
???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????
black hate crimes are not as bad????!!!!!!!!???
REALLY???!! = IDIOCY
blacks murdering whites is not as bad as blacks murdering blacks????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
black MURDERS are not as bad as white supremacists murders ???!!!
I thought I've heard some dumbshit on USMB, but this is really dumb

It's about time!
(snip)
(snip)
The Long List of Killings Committed by White Extremists Since the Oklahoma City Bombing
Offenders
etc

So, because 'white supremacists murder less than 10 per YEAR' you gonna give whitey a pass on the white supremacy threat issue?
...how come blacks are not put on the list as they commit HATE crimes at twice the rate of whites?? and they don't even label a LOT of hate crimes they commit as hate crimes

White supremacists target race and religious beliefs, in other words, hate crimes. Where as black violence are crimes that don't target such a narrow demographic as hate crimes, Their violence has been against every race (including their own), no specific religion and politics. Also haven't been consistently large mass killing. There is no question, that something has to be done about the high crime rates in the black community.
REALLY???!! = IDIOCY
blacks murdering whites is not as bad as blacks murdering blacks????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Further into the weeds they go.. lol

It's about time!
(snip)
(snip)
Offenders
etc

REALLY???!! = IDIOCY

Did I say that?
NO! Typical LIttle Trumpster, just like the man who's ass your head is buried in, you lie and make up shit.

Offenders
etc

REALLY???!! = IDIOCY

Did I say that?
NO! Typical LIttle Trumpster, just like the man who's ass your head is buried in, you lie and make up shit.
bullshit..you just made yourself out to be a liar/dumbass/etc
you are saying they are DIFFERENT/not as bad
it's right here in your reply
White supremacists target race and religious beliefs, in other words, hate crimes. Where as black violence are crimes that don't target such a narrow demographic as hate crimes, Their violence has been against every race (including their own), no specific religion and politics. Also haven't been consistently large mass killing.

It's about time!
(snip)
(snip)
Offenders
etc

allow me to point it out:
less than 10 per year vs 8 per DAY

Offenders
etc

REALLY???!! = IDIOCY

Did I say that?
I HAVE destroyed you
all you have are insults and your opinion
I have undeniably MASSIVE facts
8 per day vs less than 10 per year

Forum List

Back