DevNell presiding. The God Trial. The Charge is; "There is a God."

So, someone you love is an angel, and someone you hate is a devil or demon? Is it possible love itself is angelic and hatred demonic?

you're the one rerunning the same tired argument about the existence of god, not me.

am I? I think not. I did not pray in public at the inauguration or anywhere else. I did not beg a forgiveness that there be or not be a god.

all I am doing is asking people who argue there is such a silly thing as a god, to show proof or STFU and take their lumps when they are challenged as acting like children waiting for Santa to come down the chimney with presents because they have been good little boys and girls.

I believe in God, and I don't consider my belief to be a silly thing. I am not here to convince you. The choice of belief is up to each of us. But don't tell me to STFU. Prove to me that there is no God. Of course, you cannot do that.

Man's belief in God has been around much longer than the denial of His existence, so if there needs to be any proof, it needs to come from the deniers.

you're the one rerunning the same tired argument about the existence of god, not me.

am I? I think not. I did not pray in public at the inauguration or anywhere else. I did not beg a forgiveness that there be or not be a god.

all I am doing is asking people who argue there is such a silly thing as a god, to show proof or STFU and take their lumps when they are challenged as acting like children waiting for Santa to come down the chimney with presents because they have been good little boys and girls.

I believe in God, and I don't consider my belief to be a silly thing. I am not here to convince you. The choice of belief is up to each of us. But don't tell me to STFU. Prove to me that there is no God. Of course, you cannot do that.

Man's belief in God has been around much longer than the denial of His existence, so if there needs to be any proof, it needs to come from the deniers.

LOL ... the first things worshiped by humans were animals, then the sun and moon, then eventually those evolved into a lot of different gods, and even then, even before they had the concept of what a god is, they still debated the existence of higher powers. You are deluded to think otherwise.

I s this supposed to be a liberal judgement/opinion? If so, I beg to differ.

Seems to me a liberal would believe in what he wants to and allow others the same rather than condemning them as acting like children waiting for Santa for believing in something they don't.

Just sayin ...

I'm curious how you came to that conclusion? And why you think belief in god would be unanimous at any point in history?

Well yeah it's really hard to prove a negative (some would say impossible). Take for example Bigfoot (not comparing belief in God with Bigfoot), even if you could prove every photo and video was faked and that every witness was either mistaken or lying that still doesn't prove there isn't a Bigfoot wandering around that hasn't been spotted yet.

Man's belief in polytheism has been around much longer than the denial of Their existence, so if there needs to be any proof, it needs to come from the deniers.

I'm looking at you Judeo-Christian chaps.

There is no proof of god. I don't know if there is a god or not but I know there's no proof.

There is LOTS of proof to a believer. And a lot of proof to those that are taught about God. There is no absolute proof as that would destroy the concept of free will and faith. One is not compelled to believe in God, one must CHOSE to do so.

Explain again how my believing damages or impedes anyone else? Just as non believers can call believers names, guess what we can feel sorry for you and dread the consequences you place your soul in.

Prove God exists? Just look around.

People are entitled to their beliefs Rock, no problem there. But looking around doesn't prove god (use of lower case is to denote generic god). That's simply a reference to the old argument from design and proves nothing. Thomas Acquinas constructed a beautifully logical argument from design re god but didn't actually prove the existence of god, only Thomas' own immense intellect which is worthy of admiration all by itself.

People are entitled to their beliefs Rock, no problem there. But looking around doesn't prove god (use of lower case is to denote generic god). That's simply a reference to the old argument from design and proves nothing. Thomas Acquinas constructed a beautifully logical argument from design re god but didn't actually prove the existence of god, only Thomas' own immense intellect which is worthy of admiration all by itself.

According to Devnell and his ilk we are not entitled to our beliefs at all. Further the Fascists that are liberals are on record opposing freedom of choice in medical care, freedom of choice in having children and a host of other unapproved actions that our good little Liberals just know are not good for us.

When it comes to social policy Rock I'm all ears (or eyes). I am firmly of the belief that people with religious views should not be deleteriously affected if they hold those views. I need to add that this applies to adults. Now, I also am firmly of the belief that someone else's religious beliefs shouldn't affect me deleteriously. That's why I don't appreciate the intrusion of religious beliefs into social policies such as stem cell research.

I appreciate that in a democracy those with religious beliefs are at liberty to pressure their political representatives to comply with those beliefs and I wouldn't argue for that to be changed, I'd merely step up my own harassment of my representatives to see it my way :lol: But in my perfect world people would be free to adhere to their religion where secular law wasn't breached and everyone would be living under social policies informed by secular and not religious thinking.

And people should be free to believe in god even though there's no proof for god. But a belief shouldn't be seen as evidence and attempts to use a belief to shape public policy in a secular society should be resisted.

According to Devnell and his ilk we are not entitled to our beliefs at all. Further the Fascists that are liberals are on record opposing freedom of choice in medical care, freedom of choice in having children and a host of other unapproved actions that our good little Liberals just know are not good for us.

What exactly are you talking about with freedom of choice having children and medical care?

Although when the hell did this become a conversation on liberals?

Being an atheist does not mean you can't be a conservative.

What exactly are you talking about with freedom of choice having children and medical care?

There is a thread or rather several, where our board liberals have stated it should be a crime for women to have more then a couple children. Jillian is on record for stating it is child abuse to have more then a couple kids. Edetic and his supporters insist the Government should illegally seize all health care industry at all levels and run it, with restrictions on what and who can get care.

Liberals are an intolerant lot. With "do as I say not as I do" policies and demands. They believe they know what is best and will gladly curtail any right of anyone that might do something they disagree with.

Devnell is a liberal and his opinions are simply part of this process.

There is a thread or rather several, where our board liberals have stated it should be a crime for women to have more then a couple children. Jillian is on record for stating it is child abuse to have more then a couple kids.

I've never heard anyone seriously advocate that except for the communist Chinese and I've been on some liberal boards. That idea is just stupid.

Edetic and his supporters insist the Government should illegally seize all health care industry at all levels and run it, with restrictions on what and who can get care.

That I have heard, I think it's a stupid idea.

Liberals are an intolerant lot. With "do as I say not as I do" policies and demands. They believe they know what is best and will gladly curtail any right of anyone that might do something they disagree with.

Devnell is a liberal and his opinions are simply part of this process.

That's not fair to bash all liberals based on the insane ideas of a couple here.

Last edited:
There is no proof of god. I don't know if there is a god or not but I know there's no proof.

There is LOTS of proof to a believer. And a lot of proof to those that are taught about God. There is no absolute proof as that would destroy the concept of free will and faith. One is not compelled to believe in God, one must CHOSE to do so.

Explain again how my believing damages or impedes anyone else? Just as non believers can call believers names, guess what we can feel sorry for you and dread the consequences you place your soul in.

Prove God exists? Just look around.

If you really want to see the sky red ... just believe it is hard enough.

I can't believe I said that!

Coal in my stocking this year

I feel like Charlie Brown

Forum List

Back