Deviled Eggs!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Just boiled 9 eggs, making deviled eggs.

Do you have some good 'stuff' to throw in the yolks to make them a bit different?

Thanks!

Mayo, a little mustard or ground mustard, salt, pepper...maybe a tiny bit of cayenne.

I like them with mayo, mustard and sweet relish, too.

I have not the gift of beautiful, uniform devilled eggs, alas. We eat them at home but I wouldn't take them somewhere else. My sister's are FABULOUS though. I think she's hiding a secret from me because she swears she does them just like ordinary humans.

Do you have some good 'stuff' to throw in the yolks to make them a bit different?

Thanks!

kosher pickle juice.....yellow spicy mustard, topped with paprika of course...;)

Yep, I do the paprika on top too.
But I add way more mayonnaise than most of y'all prolly do....it's bad for my cholesterol, but I really love the mayo :lol:

Spinach/Bacon Deviled Eggs

1 dozen large eggs, hard cooked, cooled and peeled
1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed, drained, squeezed dry
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup fried bacon (4-5 strips) crumbled or minced
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp softened butter
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt

Just for you EZ - Vegan Bacon Bits

makes 1/2 cup​
2 tbsp iodized salt
2 tbsp boiling water
1 tbsp liquid smoke
2-4 drops red food coloring
½ c dry tvp granules​
Whisk together the salt and water, until salt is fully dissolved. Add liquid smoke and food coloring and mix.
PA050002.JPG

Add tvp and stir well to distribute liquid evenly, until all liquid has been absorbed. Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 250°, stirring frequently to prevent burning, for 15 minutes or until fully dehydrated and crispy. Allow to cool fully and store in an airtight container.
PA050009.JPG

Mmmm, salt and chemicals. Uncle Sam would be proud.
And look, I’m not unreasonable. Just in case you don’t share my philosophy on bacon bits, here are the ingredients for the healthy version (follow the same directions as above):
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp liquid smoke
2 tsp maple syrup
½ c dry tvp granules
Enjoy!

http://hellyeahitsvegan.com/?p=1128

Last edited:
I know it's good...but spinach?? Are they green???

This is the best pic I could find on the internet. They mostly look like regular deviled eggs with bacon and parsley in them.

I'm going to the store in a few minutes, so I might grab the ingredients and make some.

pic8FSdZs.jpg

A bit of good sun dried tomatoes in oil... you can lay a piece on top...or put some directly into the yolk mix.
Fresh herbs are always good. Dill, Basil, Cilantro.
Chopped olives (your choice of green or black) a wonderful pressed into the tops.
If you have access to smoked black peppers that makes a nice taste treat fresh ground on top.

Thanks!

kosher pickle juice.....yellow spicy mustard, topped with paprika of course...;)

Yep, I do the paprika on top too.
But I add way more mayonnaise than most of y'all prolly do....it's bad for my cholesterol, but I really love the mayo :lol:

oh yeah for sure, you mix the mustard mayo and pickle juice...

Spinach/Bacon Deviled Eggs

1 dozen large eggs, hard cooked, cooled and peeled
1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed, drained, squeezed dry
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup fried bacon (4-5 strips) crumbled or minced
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp softened butter
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt

thats too busy for me bro....:doubt:

New Topics

Forum List