developing on drudge

Am looking for a story on this online, but FOX just reported than an IED loaded with Sarin Nerve Agent was exploded in Baghdad. They say it caused no deaths, but this is ominous!

Kimmit is saying that it was created after the fall of the regime and that they found another that didn't go off. Hopefully we'll be able to find out where the sarin came from.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
Kimmit is saying that it was created after the fall of the regime and that they found another that didn't go off. Hopefully we'll be able to find out where the sarin came from.

Wasn't Zarkowee and his group that was hiding out in the northeast of Iraq before the war started experimenting with making sarin?? I think I recall something like that.

Originally posted by dilloduck
ok lets take bets----how long before someone says it was planted by the US and who will report it?

we're too late I'm sure. thats probably already being circulated around the ultra lib set, since noone was affected by that gas that is.

Originally posted by dilloduck
ok lets take bets----how long before someone says it was planted by the US and who will report it?

My wife and I were just discussing the same thing.... sad isn't it?

Sorry, you guys are wrong!

CNN just reported that sarin gas is NOT a WMD.

Gee, I guess that means we should line them up & make them take a hit of it, right?

too funny----------but wait---it will still be an american plant of a lethal weapon to give credibilty to our war on terrorism. Just like CNN

Originally posted by SPIKESMYGOD
Sorry, you guys are wrong!

CNN just reported that sarin gas is NOT a WMD.

Gee, I guess that means we should line them up & make them take a hit of it, right?

Sarin isn't a WMD?? BWAHAHAAHHHAAHAHAH

I guess they'd have no objection to hussein or Bin ladin possessing any of it then, right?

I think because we haven't found large amounts of WMD in Iraq, people start to think that WMD isn't a huge threat... it is. It is the biggest threat to our national security.

We confronted Iraq because Iraq was supposed to be the leader of these rogue states in WMDs. If you were to ask a bunch of people in 1998 or in 2000 or even in 2002, if Iraq had more WMD than Libya, everyone would say yes.

I think we'll find WMD in Iraq. I think we just did. I think we'll continue to find small things of WMD... but the major portion of the WMD is in Syria, I believe.

If I were Bush, I'd raid a camp in Syria or something. We gotta get these WMDs.

Saddam was the only guy in the Middle East who used WMD and admitted to using WMD. He's the only guy who officially had WMD and admitted to having WMD.

Bush sold this war the wrong way. I agree with him, but maybe because he's not a great speaker he couldn't sell it the way an Italian such as myself would have lol.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&u=/nm/20040517/ts_nm/iraq_sarin_dc_3&printer=1

U.S. Army Says It Finds Shell with Sarin Agent in Iraq

1 hour, 49 minutes ago Add Top Stories - Reuters to My Yahoo!

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A small amount of the nerve agent sarin was found in a shell that exploded in Iraq (news - web sites), the U.S. army said Monday in the first announcement of discovery of any of the weapons on which Washington made its case for war.

Brigadier General Mark Kimmitt told a news conference the substance had been found in an artillery shell inside a bag discovered by a U.S. convoy a few days ago. The round had exploded, causing a small release of the substance, he said.

"The Iraq Survey Group has confirmed today that a 155 (mm) artillery round containing sarin nerve agent had been found. The round had been rigged as an IED (improvised explosive device) that was discovered by a U.S. force convoy," he said.

"A detonation occurred before the IED be could be rendered inoperable," Kimmitt said, adding that two members of an explosives team had been treated for exposure to the substance.

Kimmitt said the round, designed to mix the sarin in flight, belonged to a class of ordnance that the ousted government of Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) claimed to have destroyed before the 1991 Gulf war.

"It is a weapon that we believe was stocked from the ex-regime time, and it had been thought to be an ordinary artillery shell set up to explode like an ordinary IED... when it exploded it indicated that it actually had some sarin in it," he said.

IEDs are bombs usually planted at the side of the road to explode as coalition vehicles pass.

The United States launched its invasion of Iraq last year, accusing then-president Saddam Hussein of developing chemical, biological and possibly nuclear weapons. Failure to find such weapons has stirred criticism in the United States and Britain, Washington's closest ally in the war.

Despite CNN's statement about sarin gas, it is an extremely dangerous chemical weapon - and one that Saddam supposedly destroyed before the Gulf War in '91.

What about all those WMD lies, lefties?

What concerns me is Gen. Kimmit's comment that he believes the people who planted it didn't know there was Sarin in it. Well, they do now. I wonder if they remember where they got it, because I doubt it was in a warehouse all by itself.

Forum List

Back