Developing: Akin to hold press conference Friday afternoon

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Embattled Akin to hold press conference Friday afternoon

Akin has repeatedly said that he will remain in the race, fundraising off the situation and refashioning his campaign as a fight against "party bosses," but the National Republican Senatorial Committee pledged to withdraw a $5 million investment in the race, and conservative super-PAC Crossroads GPS said it would no longer be spending in Missouri, further complicating an already steep uphill climb for the candidate.

Embattled Akin to hold press conference Friday afternoon - The Hill's Ballot Box

Akin will announce he staying in the race??? Supposedly being reported by media outlets...

Akin has repeatedly said that he will remain in the race, fundraising off the situation and refashioning his campaign as a fight against "party bosses," but the National Republican Senatorial Committee pledged to withdraw a $5 million investment in the race, and conservative super-PAC Crossroads GPS said it would no longer be spending in Missouri, further complicating an already steep uphill climb for the candidate.

Embattled Akin to hold press conference Friday afternoon - The Hill's Ballot Box

Akin will announce he staying in the race??? Supposedly being reported by media outlets...

If he chooses to get out now, It is to late to redeem himself. He let the Deadline to get off the Ballot with out the Permission of a Liberal Dominate Court pass. The Damage is done.

Guy is an Idiot, and a selfish prick.

If he chooses to get out now, It is to late to redeem himself. He let the Deadline to get off the Ballot with out the Permission of a Liberal Dominate Court pass. The Damage is done.

Guy is an Idiot, and a selfish prick.

He was done a while ago. He is a selfish moron.

A Rasmussen poll today shows Obama ahead of Romney in the state of Missouri. Now, Missouri used to be classified as "safe republican", so, this must be the "Akin effect". This guy must realize the shit he's done and drop out of the race. Does he want Obama to be reelected?

His announcement must be going to go something like this:

Good Afeternoon. I am calling this press conference to let you know that I am aware that I am presently down 10 points from my opponent in this race and about to lose my funding. There is a good chance that the Republicans may lose this race, once thought was going to be an easy victory for another seat in the Senate.

But if it were not for my own selfishness and shortsightedness, I would have dropped out of this race before this moment. I just am appealing to all voters that you take my personality and eagerness to claim this victory above all other issues and donate to my cause for I have lost all funding and I want to win on my own behalf. I would also appreciate your vote in November.

Thank you for listening. A vote for Akin is what I'm achin for!

Wouldn't it be appropriate if no one showed up at his big press conference?

Is it too late for another Republican to run as an Independent and assume the funding from the Republicans? Is that possible?

Akin had his press conference and limited questions to five from reporters. It appears to me that if he felt he had nothing to hide and wanted to be candid, he would have accepted more questions and taken the opportunity to get his message out to voters. It was free publicity for him. So what's the problem?

He switching Party affiliation and will run as a Democrat

Why?

He is the perfect fifth column!! A true manchurian candidate, mind you.

Even Benedict Arnold could not have betrayed America any better.

He needs to go. His comments breathed life into a butchered enemy.

Dishonesty takes many forms.

He knew his lame ass would get every outlet to air it. He then said nothing. He just wanted a free campaign ad.

Pat the fucker on the back for it Jackson. Be a tool.

Last edited:
Is it too late for another Republican to run as an Independent and assume the funding from the Republicans? Is that possible?

Actually, the republicans have until the middle of September to rplace him--but they can't replace him unless he leaves the race.

Just Wonderful

Actually, the republicans have until the middle of September to rplace him--but they can't replace him unless he leaves the race.

Just Wonderful

It doesn't look like he's going to do that regardless of how badly the race looks for him.

Forum List

Back