Detroit OK's Black Only Business Area

Detroit wanted to loan Public funds to only blacks. This is against the law, it would have gotten the city sued.

What they finally passed is going to be called Africa Town but they have to loan to other races also.

The civil rights laws passed in the 60's applies to everyone, businesses are not allowed to discriminate by race, gender or religion. Detroit is 82% black, with 18% something else, they couldn't discriminate against the other 18%.

Trigg said:
Detroit wanted to loan Public funds to only blacks. This is against the law, it would have gotten the city sued.

What they finally passed is going to be called Africa Town but they have to loan to other races also.

The civil rights laws passed in the 60's applies to everyone, businesses are not allowed to discriminate by race, gender or religion. Detroit is 82% black, with 18% something else, they couldn't discriminate against the other 18%.

Trigg, how can you discriminate against people who are leaving the city? These White Detroiters you're fighting for aren't defending themselves, they're retreating; either to another Michigan city or to another state.

It's one thing to put up a fight for people who want to live there, it's hypocritical to fight for people who don't.

Are you suggesting that the blacks should wait for the whites to come back to Detroit before they (the blacks) can have more business opportunities? Should the blacks economically stand still with their thumbs up their a@@es while waiting for the whites to get with the system?

The blacks in Detroit are moving on; the whites are welcome to join in if they want to; if not, see yaa!!!

This is the message I getting from Detroit.

hylandrdet said:
Trigg, how can you discriminate against people who are leaving the city? These White Detroiters you're fighting for aren't defending themselves, they're retreating; either to another Michigan city or to another state.

It's one thing to put up a fight for people who want to live there, it's hypocritical to fight for people who don't.

Are you suggesting that the blacks should wait for the whites to come back to Detroit before they (the blacks) can have more business opportunities? Should the blacks economically stand still with their thumbs up their a@@es while waiting for the whites to get with the system?

The blacks in Detroit are moving on; the whites are welcome to join in if they want to; if not, see yaa!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
18% of the population in the city isn't black. These are the people who can't be discriminated against.

I stated that according to the law the state can't discriminated based on gender, race or religion. Just because blacks make up 82% of the population doesn't mean they can disregard this law. The city will get sued and loose more jobs. This has nothing to do with white people leaving the city.

PUBLIC funds are for the PUBLIC not just one race, no matter who's in charge.

If the city can improve downtown Detroit, more power to them. As long as they do it legally.

I think part of the problem is that those who have "seen the light" on racial reality are very eager to share their knowledge, which can be frustrating when the vast majority of the population (even conservatives) still cling to the PC fantasy that all races are equal in intelligence and capability. Of course, they are not, the evidence for this is staggering. One result is that chatboard posters who are "awake" find themselves sticking to the one topic everyone else seems asleep on, and getting banned as a result.

Unfortunately, you can't ban racial reality.

Hobbit said:
I draw the line there. I know plenty of towns that are predominantly white trash that have the same problems, so I don't want to hear you blame it all on race. Detroit is unstable because it doesn't have well paying jobs.

I'm a former Detroiter; I didn't leave because of black fear; I'd left because I'd found a higher paying job in the south.

If I could had found a better job in Detroit, I would had save hundreds of dollars in traveling to Ann Arbor to watch the Wolverines squash the Spartans tomorrow (by the way, GO BLUE!!)

As long as Detroit is predominately black, Detroit's economy relies on black spending. Any efforts to tap into that will be welcomed by THE white Detroiters WHO REFUSE TO MOVE IN ORDER TO FIND ANOTHER JOB.

Dave doesn't know what he's talking about, that's why he keeps referring to the same Northeastern report that I'd shot down over and over and over again.

It's not about race, it's about finding jobs!

OUTSTANDING POSTING HOBBIT!!! :thanks:

William Joyce said:
I think part of the problem is that those who have "seen the light" on racial reality are very eager to share their knowledge, which can be frustrating when the vast majority of the population (even conservatives) still cling to the PC fantasy that all races are equal in intelligence and capability. Of course, they are not, the evidence for this is staggering. One result is that chatboard posters who are "awake" find themselves sticking to the one topic everyone else seems asleep on, and getting banned as a result.

Willie, Big D got banned because he was a fucking jackoff, not because of his views. He couldn't make his point without demeaning his target, specifically minorities. If he would've just discussed his topics in a rational, calm manner without the "monkey" comments he'd still be here. I suggest you use this formula also.

Not to mention he was also illiterate as hell.

William Joyce said:
One result is that chatboard posters who are "awake" find themselves sticking to the one topic everyone else seems asleep on, and getting banned as a result.

This board is not here solely to cater to racists. They get banned for being trolls and clearly breaking the written rules at the top of the board. If we banned members just because of their racist beliefs your sorry ass would have been tossed long ago.

I have to say: This black only business district is racist as hell. It's a bunch of bs. Does anyone think this is right?

hylandrdet said:
As long as Detroit is predominately black, Detroit's economy relies on black spending. Any efforts to tap into that will be welcomed by THE white Detroiters WHO REFUSE TO MOVE IN ORDER TO FIND ANOTHER JOB.

It's not about race, it's about finding jobs!

If they want to revitalize the downtown they can do what other cities have done. Require that people live in the area. If someone builds a house they have to live in it, not build it and rent it out.

If course Detroit relies on black spending, and other minorities. Public funds cannot be used for only one race. This is reverse racism for the 18% of the Detroit population that isn't black.

Civil Rights laws are here for a reason so the majority (blacks in Detroit) can't disregard the rights of the minorities.

No city, not even Detroit, relies on black spending. It relies on PEOPLE spending money.

This isn't even an issue of blacks and whites. I know it is very easy to say all the white people are leaving, so the city can morally be racist... doesn't make sense to me... BUT since you don't care for white people, what about all the non-whites of that 18% who would be discriminated against?

Is the majority all of a sudden allowed to opress others?

If blacks make up that much of the city, aren't most business districts going to be black anyways? It is like enforcing a Chinatown in Shanghai...

Ultimately I don't see how this will help the economy. It is all political, for all the wrong reasons, and not economicly benificial or helpful at all. In fact, it will just cause more tensions, and make the 18% of non-blacks living there feel less welcome than ever.

Case in point: Try to do something like this for whites. See what happens. If A) We're not racist and B) We're logical, then the same complaints and protests should be lodged against this. But we are racist and we're not logical ;)

PS Reverse racism doesn't exist. Racism is racism! Reverse racism is the biggest scam going.

rtwngAvngr said:
I have to say: This black only business district is racist as hell. It's a bunch of bs. Does anyone think this is right?

So what about Vidor,TX? An all White town, a Black family moved in, first ever, within a week house burned to the ground. Nobody did shit, seems like thats a government approved all White zone. Have you been to Detroit RWA? If you had you wouldn't give two shits about this.

Captain_Steel said:
why do fucking minorties get special rights all the time? it's fucking bullshit...either succeed on your own merit or don't succeed...that's fair.

fuck the NAACP. fuck La Raza.

fuck neocons like mccain and bush undermining america.

So how come you haven't succeeeded Steel? Well other than to be a whiny bitch.

Forum List

Back