Detroit OK's Black Only Business Area

Dave said:
How about a White business area for us "racist" honkey's?

After reading the following, crackers may just have a chance afterall. :D

Under the proposal, the city's economic development and planning agencies would work with black business groups and others to develop an African Town business area, modeled on the city's Greektown and Mexicantown business districts.

What are you scared of Big D? Afraid they will make more than the 7.00/hr you make at 7-11. You wreak of fear and inferiority.

OCA said:
What are you scared of Big D? Afraid they will make more than the 7.00/hr you make at 7-11. You wreak of fear and inferiority.
Planet of the Apes = African town

:whip: Alright Dave, chill out!

Now that your 15 seconds of fame are up, I'll be more than happy, as a former Detroiter, to give you the lowdown on what's happening in Detroit.

The main problem has to do with "white flight".

For the first time in Detroit's history, the city limit population has dropped below 1 million. The reason: White Detroiters moving out of the city limits or moving out of the state entirely. Surprisingly, it had nothing to do with crime; there were no new job developments.

My favorite joke was this, "name the three "you're"s in Detroit? 1. You're a auto maker 2. You're a construction worker 3. You're fired."

In short, the average white Detroiter could afford to move in order to find a better job, while the average black Detroiter could not. As a result, Detroit's #1 demographic is now Black.

Now here's some more food for thought.

An ABC news survey, taken three months ago, found that black American spending had exploded over the last five years from 1 trillion to 2.4 trillion. I give credit to the Clinton administration for concentrating in areas that had proven to best aid the advancement of minorities in the job market. Black Americans now have more money; now they plan to spend more money; good idea when you think about it. I found this ironic because Black Americans are spending money much to the economic expectations set by President George W. Bush, when he gave away Clinton's 300 billion dollar surplus!

So Dave, what you're saying is that you're angry because Black American Detroiters, the largest economic force in Detroit, want a business area where they can spend more money, so that they can prove that they are economically equal, so that it will pave the way for the end of Affirmative Action?

Affirmitive Action will Never end because nature has ensured that blacks and whites can never be equal. Since the 60's (civil rights) life for the majority of blacks is worse. As blacks gain more freedom they revert back to the uncivil ways.

...dave is angry because "White Town" would be faced with 'black leaders' causing riots, protests, burnings, and destruction; yet 'African Town' is some how 'racially sensative'.

:-/

With Detroit's high crime, std's, unemployment, drugs, unwed mothers and gangs, Detroit is already "Africa town".

Dave said:
With Detroit's high crime, std's, unemployment, drugs, unwed mothers and gangs, Detroit is already "Africa town".

I draw the line there. I know plenty of towns that are predominantly white trash that have the same problems, so I don't want to hear you blame it all on race. Detroit is unstable because it doesn't have well paying jobs.

Hobbit said:
I draw the line there. I know plenty of towns that are predominantly white trash that have the same problems, so I don't want to hear you blame it all on race. Detroit is unstable because it doesn't have well paying jobs.
Sure their are white towns that have the same problems, but it is the blacks who have all these problems at EXTREAMLY higher numbers as do whites.

hylandrdet said:
So Dave, what you're saying is that you're angry because Black American Detroiters, the largest economic force in Detroit, want a business area where they can spend more money, so that they can prove that they are economically equal, so that it will pave the way for the end of Affirmative Action?
I know, I know it's everybody elses fault but the monkey peoples.

Employment rates among black male teens and young adults ages 16 to 19 have dropped considerably over the past 50 years, the study found. In 1954, a slight majority -- 52 percent -- of black male teens worked, a rate slightly in excess of their white peers. By 2003, however, only one of five black male teens was employed in a typical month – just 20 percent -- only half the employment rate of white male teens. Among 20 to 24 year old black males, employment rates also have declined considerably from their peak values of 77 to 83 percent in the mid to late 1960s to dramatic 50-year lows more recently. During 2003, for example, just 56 percent of such young black men ages 20 to 24 was employed.

Among older black men, the same dramatic declines were noted over time, according to the report. While the employment rates of black men rise from their late teens through their mid 30s, high levels of joblessness prevail among these men into their late 20s (30 percent of 25 to 29 year old black men were jobless in 2003, for example), then rise sharply as they reach their mid-50s. One of the most disturbing findings was the high share of black males ages 20 to 64 that were jobless year-round. In 2002, one of every four black men in this age group – a full quarter of the entire population within this wide age range -- was idle all year-round, up from 20 percent in the peak labor market year of 2002.
www.newswise.com/articles/view/506187/

Dave said:

Dave/Big D,

You could have at least attempted to hide exactly who you are. Your constant thread starting of the same subject, same site referrals and same language showed everyone that Dave and Big D were one and the same. I guess replying to the name Big D just put it over the edge.

I'll tolerate subjects on race but I will not let the board be over ran by racists.

jimnyc said:
Dave/Big D,

You could have at least attempted to hide exactly who you are. Your constant thread starting of the same subject, same site referrals and same language showed everyone that Dave and Big D were one and the same. I guess replying to the name Big D just put it over the edge.

I'll tolerate subjects on race but I will not let the board be over ran by racists.

:banned: :banned: :banned: :banned: :banned:

Good riddance. That guy nauseates me. Mild racism is one thing, but that guy was a bit extreme.

Dave said:

Employment rates among black male teens and young adults ages 16 to 19 have dropped considerably over the past 50 years, the study found. In 1954, a slight majority -- 52 percent -- of black male teens worked, a rate slightly in excess of their white peers. By 2003, however, only one of five black male teens was employed in a typical month – just 20 percent -- only half the employment rate of white male teens. Among 20 to 24 year old black males, employment rates also have declined considerably from their peak values of 77 to 83 percent in the mid to late 1960s to dramatic 50-year lows more recently. During 2003, for example, just 56 percent of such young black men ages 20 to 24 was employed.

Among older black men, the same dramatic declines were noted over time, according to the report. While the employment rates of black men rise from their late teens through their mid 30s, high levels of joblessness prevail among these men into their late 20s (30 percent of 25 to 29 year old black men were jobless in 2003, for example), then rise sharply as they reach their mid-50s. One of the most disturbing findings was the high share of black males ages 20 to 64 that were jobless year-round. In 2002, one of every four black men in this age group – a full quarter of the entire population within this wide age range -- was idle all year-round, up from 20 percent in the peak labor market year of 2002.
www.newswise.com/articles/view/506187/

An excerpt from that very same article"

"Sum and his colleagues recommend a series of initiatives to counter the worsening of this trend among African-American men, including job creation programs, expansion of school-to-career transition programs, social and economic investments in literacy and numeracy programs to develop skills while in schools, and a concerted effort to improve employability and earnings among black men."

Another question;

So what you're saying is that you're mad because Detroit will establish a black business district, based on these adjustments; from there, black Detroiters will have an area where they will work in a occupation of legitimate pay (well, outside of your dream job for blacks, which is McDonolds of course) ?

Another excerpt:

"Employment rates among black male teens and young adults ages 16 to 19 have dropped considerably over the past 50 years, the study found."

BWAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAA! 16 TO 19? EVERY AMERICAN'S EMPLOYMENT RATES FROM 16 TO 19 HAVE COSIDERABLY DROPPED OVER THE PAST 50 YEARS!!! WHY?

1. Lack of overall maturity
2. Lack of enthusiam towards work
3. The Reagan and Clinton domestic policies had produced the largest economic booms in US history. That means that more youths, regardless of race, are now relying on their "more financially stable" parents to support them, in case they WILL FALL. reference: Paris Hilton.

The rest of that "finding" can be found at the bottom of "the ditch"; you know, "the ditch" the average African American Male had to dig in order to make a living over the past 50 years.

MOST African American males that are 30 or older works in A BLUE COLLAR OCCUPATION; an occupation full of hazards, injuries, lack of insurance and most importantly LAYOFFS WITH LITTLE PAY TO SHOW FOR IT.

This Detroit deal is an attempt to push more African Americans into pursuing more WHITE COLLAR JOBS, which by the way has a longer tenure of employment and higher pay; not to mention retirement benefits.

You still haven't explain the recent boom in black spending and how it will NOT effect Deroit's economy once this district is established!

Rook, go home and pick on someone your own size!

:whip:

"When it comes to the facts...Who's your Daddy?"
Dave- Hylandr!!!

New Topics

Forum List

Back