DETROIT: 'MUSLIMS AGAINST TERRORISM' protest expected hundreds/thousands to turn out

barenakedislam

Dec 30, 2009
But ONLY 12 MUSLIMS showed up with signs reading "Islam is against terrorism" and "Not in the name of Islam," according to the NEW YORK TIMES
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2010/01/08/news/news-us-security-airline-usa.html?_r=1

The scene at federal court on Friday is likely to be a media circus, but there are a number of other people who plan to be there, as well. Many Muslim-Americans who want to send a message to the world. "This is serious. We're putting our faces in front of the world. We're telling the terrorists we're Americans. If you want to kill Americans come kill us," said Majed Moughni with the Dearborn Area Community Members.

Moughni says it's time for Muslims to stand up against the terrorists. He says hundreds, even thousands, will be joining him outside the federal courthouse in Detroit on Friday for a peaceful protest with a strong message. "This is people from all over Southeast Michigan coming together and saying we're against terrorism. Our message is going to be louder than the message the terrorists have sent. The masses will be speaking," Moughni said. Muslim-Americans Plan Peaceful Protest

I commend Moughni's intent but apparently his fellow Muslims don't share the feeling. The Detroit, especially Dearborn area, has one of the largest Muslim populations in this country. For only 12 people to show up is a disgrace, and very telling about what Muslims really believe - America deserves it.

amuslimrally4vi-vi.jpg

Chanting “No more terrorism,” about 150 Muslim and Nigerian protesters waved U.S. flags as they rallied in the cold outside the federal courthouse during a hearing for the suspect accused of trying to bomb a Detroit-bound plane on Christmas Day.

“Muslims here to tell you: Go to hell,” read a sign held by Majed Rizki, 48, of Dearborn. “It was a sin against humanity, against civilization,” Rizki said of the attempted attack.

“Islam is not a terrorist religion,” Bilal Amen, 27, vice chair of the Islamic Institute of Knowledge in Dearborn, said while holding an American flag. “Islam is a peaceful religion.”

Muslim, Nigerian leaders rally against terrorism | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Chanting “No more terrorism,” about 150 Muslim and Nigerian protesters waved U.S. flags as they rallied in the cold outside the federal courthouse during a hearing for the suspect accused of trying to bomb a Detroit-bound plane on Christmas Day.

“Muslims here to tell you: Go to hell,” read a sign held by Majed Rizki, 48, of Dearborn. “It was a sin against humanity, against civilization,” Rizki said of the attempted attack.

“Islam is not a terrorist religion,” Bilal Amen, 27, vice chair of the Islamic Institute of Knowledge in Dearborn, said while holding an American flag. “Islam is a peaceful religion.”

Muslim, Nigerian leaders rally against terrorism | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

A whole 150? Out of a population of how many?

Just reporting the facts, unlike the OP.

Did white christians have to stand outside the courthouse when McVeigh went to trial, so everyone else knew that they didn't approve of what he did?

At least 300,000 in SE Michigan

Did white christians have to stand outside the courthouse when McVeigh went to trial, so everyone else knew that they didn't approve of what he did?

McVeigh is said to have been an atheist. And even if he were a Christian, McVeigh didn't do it because his religion told him to, like Islam does. Although I've read reports that he had ties to the Middle East.

I'm sick of all you IslamoFascist defenders constantly bringing up McVeigh as an example of domestic terrorism not perpetrated by a Muslim. Why don't you mention Bill Ayers' bombing of government buildings? Because he's Obama's good friend?

Last edited:

Small time Military Crook,

You quote the Detroit Free Press's ( a Pro- Islamofascist rag) version with 150 Muslims participating.

But, even the OBAMARRHOID'S "Bible of Truth", New York Times Times states there were ~12.

Doesn't this say anything about you, as a typical Obamarrhoid ?????

:eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh:

McVeigh is said to have been an atheist. And even if he were a Christian, McVeigh didn't do it because his religion told him to, like Islam does. Although I've read reports that he had ties to the Middle East.

I'm sick of all you IslamoFascist defenders constantly bringing up McVeigh as an example of domestic terrorism not perpetrated by a Muslim. Why don't you mention Bill Ayers' bombing of government buildings? Because he's Obama's good friend?

And we're sick of you morons making out that ALL muslims are suicide bombers.
.....just sayin'........

Most muslims that I know are too fearful to go out and protest about anything.

They don't want to be on any government list.

And rest assured; that at any muslim protest or rally.

The name's of the participants are being recorded and collected.

Last edited:

By whom? And with what proof? And I love that "not a REEEEEEEEAL Christian" schtick.

And we're sick of you morons making out that ALL muslims are suicide bombers.
.....just sayin'........

Frumpy Grumpy,

Being an EXTREMELY STUPID moron, even for an OBAMARRHOID, you don't realize that YOU just indicted YOURSELF with that idiotic comment implying that ALL or most of us opponents of OBAMARRHOIDISM would assume that we are:

".........making out that ALL muslims are suicide bombers."

IOW, YOU are guilty of the IDIOCY that YOU ascribe to us.

However, is there any doubt at all that the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of the Mid East Muslims are ISLAMOFASCIST SWINE ?????

Answer: NONE. You have to be an OBAMARRHOIDAL IDIOT to think otherwise.

And, from all the indications......including the numerous ANTI-AMERICAN Muslim Parades in America where TENS OF THOUSANDS pile out howling and yowling anti-American epithets......one can correctly conclude that the overwhelming majority of American Muslims are ISLAMOFASCIST SWINE.

You have to be DEAF and BLIND, and unable to READ not to come to that IRREFUTABLE CONCLUSION.

And, CAIR (Council for American Islamic Relations), the LARGEST and MOST VOCAL Muslim Organization in America is a RABID ISLAMOFASCIST APOLOGIST... CONSTANTLY underlines that fact by defending every ISLAMOFASCIST SWINE under indictment in America, including the Blind Terrorist Sheik.....before and after his OBVIOUS CONVICTION.

Are ALL the Muslims in America ISLAMOFASCIST SWINE ? OF COURSE NOT.

But, there is such an OVERWHELMING NUMBER OF THEM THAT ARE ISLAMOFASCIST SWINE .....makes the following correct conclusion INEVITABLE:

The Muslims in America are THE ENEMY in our MIDST !!!!!

Last edited:
It was about 17 degrees on Friday in Detroit. There was a decent wind too, so probably about 8 with the wind chill. There looked to be about 12 with signs and could have been more without. Friday was a work day too. At least Muslims made an effort. I'm going to focus on the ones that did protest and hope for more soon.

Are there THOUSANDS of armed white Christians now or then waging holy war on any Country? Including hundreds of suicide bombers? Supported by thousands of civilians in numerous countries?

Are you honestly going to claim that a single guy blowing up a single building that happen to identify himself as a Christian BUT did not claim to be doing the bombing for any religious reason, is the same as the MILLIONS of Islamic fanatics around the world openly waging war on numerous countries and ADVOCATING HOLY WAR is the same?

Someone get the padded suite ready.

I will give another example, how about the Kehoe brother's, we didn't see white crhistians having to stand outside and protest what they did. And I don't defend Islamfascist, I am defending normal muslims, who do not need to prove to you that they don't approve of what this man did. I guess the next time I buy cigerattes from the Iranian guy at the convient store I better make sure he doesn't support terrorist.

Just reporting the facts, unlike the OP.

I quoted the NY Times, not some liberal rag in Detroit with an agenda to glorify Muslims.

You reported that 12 people showed up with signs and left it at that which leaves the reader with the impression that there was only a dozen people there protesting. More than 10x that number showed up without signs.

Small time Military Crook,

You quote the Detroit Free Press's ( a Pro- Islamofascist rag) version with 150 Muslims participating.

But, even the OBAMARRHOID'S "Bible of Truth", New York Times Times states there were ~12.

Doesn't this say anything about you, as a typical Obamarrhoid ?????

:eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh:

The NY Times reported there were 12 holding signs, the Detroit Free Press reported the total number of protesters. It's no surprise that you missed that nuance.

Forum List

Back