Detroit Lions fans rejoice!

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The Lions have signed LB Stephen Tulloch this morning, another good thumper to improve their defense. Along with Justin Durant, Eric Wright, Maurice Leggett, and rookie Nick Fairley, it looks like a respectable defense to go with what should be a very good offense.

10-6 and a playoff spot for sure! :eusa_angel:

The Lions have signed LB Stephen Tulloch this morning, another good thumper to improve their defense. Along with Justin Durant, Eric Wright, Maurice Leggett, and rookie Nick Fairley, it looks like a respectable defense to go with what should be a very good offense.

10-6 and a playoff spot for sure! :eusa_angel:

you poor sap.....I will light a candle for you;)

Very funny, you guys are a riot. Something good happening at the Det this year, don't say you weren't warned. So tell me, which team that's going to get it's ass waxed by the Lions is yours?

I don't care who wins the Super Bowl, I just wanna' see a good game. And untill the NFL starts sending me checks, I don't care what happens to the league.

My life didn't end when M.A.S.H. and Seinfeld went off the air. I'm sure I can do just fine without "Duh MFL". :lol:

I'm picking the Lions as my surprise team this year

I'm thinking 10-6. Too bad they are in the same division as the Pack

I think the Lions are close to having a playoff-caliber team, but not quite yet. First, I expect GB to have a better regular season than last year, and likely beat the Lions twice. I will guess a split with Chicago (I think they will do much worse than last year) and maybe winning both games against the Vikes, depending on how badly the player movement on that team effects them.

For out of division games, I could see the Lions go 4-6. Wins against the 49ers (sadly, I think my team is going to do poorly again this year, the lockout hurt with a new head coach and unresolved contract issues), Broncos, Panthers and Raiders. Losses to the Bucs, Chiefs, Cowboys, Falcons, Saints and Chargers.

Obviously anything can happen, and I'd love to see the Lions get a wildcard. I was a huge Barry Sanders fan, and while his retirement soured me on the team, I still find myself rooting for them sometimes as a perennial underdog. I simply don't think they are quite ready yet. Stafford needs to show he can stay healthy, the running game needs more consistency, and the defense needs to show improvement (other than the line).

GB should win the division easily barring a complete breakdown. None of the other 3 teams appear to be that strong yet to me, but the Lions have a good looking group of younger players and more promise than Chicago or Minn. IMO. I'll cross my fingers for you in every game except the one against my Niners! :)

Forum List

Back