Details about Obama's Health Care Plan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KMAN, Jul 31, 2009.

1. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    How many of you want the government to have access to your bank account??? Just reply yes or no...

Check out section 163...

Sec. 163, Pg 59, lines 21-24 - government will have direct access to your banks accounts for electronic funds transfer.

http://www.liberty.edu/media/9980/attachments/healthcare_overview_obama_072909.pdf

Here's the actual house bill...

http://docs.house.gov/edlabor/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf

‘‘(C) enable electronic funds transfers, in
    order to allow automated reconciliation with the
    related health care payment and remittance advice;

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    I'd like to meet the idiots that responds with a "yes".

I have a hunch as to who those idiots may be. I hope I'm not dissappointed.

3. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    Don't worry... the people who would respond yes won't respond... they will spin it or talk about something Bush did 6 years ago...

4. Emma

Emma Evil Liberal Leftist™

Thanks Received:
    On the street, acting all loud and tumultuous and
    Ratings:
    +757
    Y'all really need to stop picking out one or two lines and read the entire section for context.

I guess since the 'private insurance will be outlawed!!!' and 'they're going to off our seniors!!!' scare tactics were proven false, we're now moving on to uncle sam rifling through our bank accounts. :lol:

Sheesh.

5. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    To much gov in our lives now, so Barry wants us to trust him with our savings too.

What a massive douche he is.

6. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    I guess I was wrong... We do have a person (Emma) who is all for the government getting access to our bank accounts...

Hopefully in the near future more people will continue to want freedom out there then the number of people who want handouts... keep your fingers crossed...

7. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    The thought just occurred to me that a lot of people will be pulling their money out of the bank and hiding it under the mattress. In the spirit of Obanomics, that might be just what they want.

8. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,120
    gees louise KMAN!!! :D

I just went through the section...this is for the insurance companies and the Doctors and hospitals to have an up to date financial record on you for your benefits...all tied in so that you can walk in to a hospital or Doctor's office and they can scan a system that can tell you what the Medical service or doctor's tests order, the system can tell you how much you will have to pay out of your own pocket or how much the insurance company will pay, if it is covered under your plan at all....if you met your deductibles etc.

Then tied in with this plan, is that the insurance companies can transfer funds to the hospitals immediately for the services the hospitals and doctors have done...

this keeps the owner of the policy abreast of their own financial part of their own health care...whether they met their deductibles, whether they are near their CAP of services in their Insurance policy etc....

If you read the entire section, this is what it seems like to me, and AGAIN....this seems like a GOOD THING.

I just went through an experience that is costing me an addition $2 GRAND out of my own pocket(in addition to our $9600 bucks a year health insurance policy) because the insurance company refused over a 2 year battle to pay it....if all of this financial crapola had been done electronically, then the second the Hospital filed under the wrong code number...which they did, a red flag would have been raised and the correction of the wrong code, could have been caught immediately.

care

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  9. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    Even so, I just can't believe that people don't mind the government (which is who will be controlling this eventually) having access to their bank accounts... I am in total amazement...

10. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,120
    Bottom line, the government won't have access to ones bank accounts, this is not what this part of the bill is about...besides it is against the law to require such...

though, if you want your IRS CHECK electronically deposited, i suppose you personally give up that privacy if you ask for such....meaning you let the gvt get your account information, but by no means does this legally give the gvt the right to monitor your acct, keep records of your acct, or take funds automatically from your acct....BUT I STILL never opt to do this, I still ask for the check to be mailed to me if I am due one!!!!! :eek:

I think it is GREAT that we have been given so much time to go over this 1800 page bill...we have had it for what, 10 days or more by now? I realize they can change it in the Senate and then in Conference, but for goodness sakes, LET US ONLY HOPE, that the Senate bill couldn't be any BIGGER than this sucker! :doubt: