Destructive to the Social Fabic of America?

Which is most destructive to the fabric of the American family?

• Children being raised by daycare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drugs and alcohol

• Gay marriage

• Daddy's leg was blown off by a roadside bomb

• Total voters

Glori.B

Born Free
Apr 24, 2008
u.s.a.
52ndStreet says: "America must move to eventually ban Homosexuality.
Otherwise the social fabric of America will eventually be destroyed."

Which begs the question:

What do YOU think is most destructive to the social fabric of America?

Last edited:
52ndStreet says: "America must move to eventually ban Homosexuality.
Otherwise the social fabric of America will eventually be destroyed."

Which begs the question:

What do YOU think is the most destructive social fabric of America?

Sad that anyone would pick *that* as the issue which would destroy the "social fabric" of America. Destruction of the middle class... .now THAT would destroy the social fabric of America.

I'm guessing he wouldn't think that's much of a problem.

Sad that anyone would pick *that* as the issue which would destroy the "social fabric" of America. Destruction of the middle class... .now THAT would destroy the social fabric of America.

I'm guessing he wouldn't think that's much of a problem.

exactly, jillian! which is why i decided to create this poll!

it is an open poll with multiple choices.

You don't have the "erosion of the traditional family unit and values." So I didn't vote. The poll is slanted.

I voted for the shrinking dollar because sad as it may be, most unhappiness comes from the stress of not being able to care for your loved ones.

You're so wrong. Unhappiness comes from not knowing how to care for your loved ones because you've never had a role model to teach you things like morality, frugality, the value of hard work, and sobriety.

Poor people who have good values and a strong family are not unhappy. It's not about the money, dear.

You don't have the "erosion of the traditional family unit and values." So I didn't vote. The poll is slanted.

well, you can choose multiple answers, so maybe you can select what you think contributes the most to the erosion traditional family values.

what is it that you think erodes what is valuable to YOUR family?

You're so wrong. Unhappiness comes from not knowing how to care for your loved ones because you've never had a role model to teach you things like morality, frugality, the value of hard work, and sobriety.

Poor people who have good values and a strong family are not unhappy. It's not about the money, dear.

Uh huh. Tell that to someone living in a trailer that can't feed their kids.

You can have good values if you are rich or poor. But the inability to care for those you love can eat away at anyone.

And why is that person living and a trailer and can't feed their kids? I work with these people. They're there because of bad choices made by them and their significant other. You don't see people with good values living in trailers trying to feed their kids who are miserable. It doesn't happen. They work, they go to church, they help their kids with school work, and though they might be poor, they're happy. Because if you make good choices you CAN care for those you love.

It's not about the money. It never has been.

And why is that person living and a trailer and can't feed their kids? I work with these people. They're there because of bad choices made by them and their significant other. You don't see people with good values living in trailers trying to feed their kids who are miserable. It doesn't happen. They work, they go to church, they help their kids with school work, and though they might be poor, they're happy. Because if you make good choices you CAN care for those you love.

It's not about the money. It never has been.

No money, no food. No food, no security. If you can't supply the basic things to survive, everything else becomes meaningless. All the other things on the list are afterthoughts in the greater scheme of things.

Even Jesus understood that.

I understand it too, as a Christian and a case worker. But Jesus also told us not to worry about money, that if we live godly lives, it will be a non-issue. And it is.

Most of the misery of being destitute is the misery of guilt. Because you KNOW you aren't living your life in a way which is best suited for your family.

There are many, many people who are at the poverty level or below who live happy and productive lives.

The people on welfare without exception have other issues, generally stemming from some really bad choices. The lack of money is just a symptom. It's not the cause of their misery.

I understand it too, as a Christian and a case worker. But Jesus also told us not to worry about money, that if we live godly lives, it will be a non-issue. And it is.

Most of the misery of being destitute is the misery of guilt. Because you KNOW you aren't living your life in a way which is best suited for your family.

There are many, many people who are at the poverty level or below who live happy and productive lives.

The people on welfare without exception have other issues, generally stemming from some really bad choices. The lack of money is just a symptom. It's not the cause of their misery.

so maybe it's drugs, alcohol, violence, infidelity...? what is it that is destructive to the fabric of the family? lack of time with the kids (children raised by day care)?

what do you think should be added to the poll?

I think you should have added attacks on the fabric of traditional family values....i.e., laying siege to two-parent households, subsidizing drug addiction and single parent families, encouraging teen abortions, ridiculing Christianity. Those sorts of things which are attacks on what have been successful bastions of the American family.

Last edited:
Baba-head, get off your high horse. I'm not talking about welfare. I'm talking about the economy. If you can't take care of your family, no matter what the
reason--laziness, stupidity, the economy, the shrinking dollar--it causes unhappiness and misery and everything else becomes superfluous. Security is the great leveler.

Curious...is the difference between the thread title and the actual poll question intentional?

you mean that darn typo...? :eusa_doh:

"Which begs the question:

What do YOU think is most destructive to the social fabric of America?"

ya, i don't see anything on that list I would pick. I think consolidation of wealth by the rich, which is connected to the dollar shrinking is an issue.... then there's the incredible anti-intellectualism in America. As a former teacher, is shocked me to encounter. Americans, are kind of proud of ignorance, on the whole. We read less than most other countries, and it shows.

We glorify violence as national policy, and are somehow shocked its glorified throughout.

What destroyed America?

Americans, and too much brutal success.

No money, no food. No food, no security. If you can't supply the basic things to survive, everything else becomes meaningless. All the other things on the list are afterthoughts in the greater scheme of things.

Even Jesus understood that.

Money--? Buy security ---?? You're crazy.

Baba-head, get off your high horse. I'm not talking about welfare. I'm talking about the economy. If you can't take care of your family, no matter what the
reason--laziness, stupidity, the economy, the shrinking dollar--it causes unhappiness and misery and everything else becomes superfluous. Security is the great leveler.

Security is an illusion. There IS no such thing.

ya, i don't see anything on that list I would pick. I think consolidation of wealth by the rich, which is connected to the dollar shrinking is an issue.... then there's the incredible anti-intellectualism in America. As a former teacher, is shocked me to encounter. Americans, are kind of proud of ignorance, on the whole. We read less than most other countries, and it shows.

We glorify violence as national policy, and are somehow shocked its glorified throughout.

What destroyed America?

Americans, and too much brutal success.

yeah, the incredible shrinking dollar is really the same as the rising cost of health care and $5 gasoline.

you can pick more than one, if you want...

my point was really in highlighting the ridiculousness of someone else's comment about what is destructive to the social fabric of america...certainly ignorance and violence are right up there.

Forum List

Back