Destiny and Free Will

Catholics recognize that everyone's endowed with grace, but mortal sins can still be committed such that grace is lost. They cannot be repented since there is no grace available to repent with which should be common sense anyway. If people could repent despite committing mortal sins, then what's the point? It'd be like saying you could punch someone in the face as long as you say you're sorry after.
Mortal sin can be repented.

Is it possible for a person with a mortal sin still on his soul to die and go to heaven? | Catholic Answers

not all Christian denominations recognize free will. it is a fundamental divide between many of them
If they do not recognize free will, who do they hold responsible for their actions?

i have no idea. i belong to the faith which considers free will one of the fundamental characteristics of the human being

Look. Universal reconciliation recognizes that all souls will be saved because of the grace of God.

A mortal sin kills the soul because grace has been destroyed. No grace means no salvation because there's nothing to be saved.

Catholics recognize that everyone's endowed with grace, but mortal sins can still be committed such that grace is lost. They cannot be repented since there is no grace available to repent with which should be common sense anyway. If people could repent despite committing mortal sins, then what's the point? It'd be like saying you could punch someone in the face as long as you say you're sorry after.

not true. that is NOT the Catholic doctrinal belief.

I already tried to tell him that, and even linked to a site that proved it. Unfortunately, there are a bunch of experts that have all the answers already.

Last edited:
Correction, I misinterpreted your statement, Quantum. There may be those who do not believe in a final reckoning or divine punishment; however, they would be in the minority.

Correction, I misinterpreted your statement, Quantum. There may be those who do not believe in a final reckoning or divine punishment; however, they would be in the minority.

Never said they were anything but a minority, did I? Just that they exist.

You cannot produce one site that agrees with your definition.

I didn't give a definition, I made a statement. I don't even know which part of my statement you take exception to, but my guess is it has to do with my comment about kingdom theology and dominionism, feel free to look it up.
When asked, “all Christians believe there will be some sort of reckoning and the return of Jesus, do they not”, you replied, “The answer to your question is no.”

You were wrong. Feel free to look it up.

Quantum is right. No need to look it up.
There is no condemnation for a person that accepts the gift of salvation. None. zero. zip. Impossible.
To believe there is, is to call Jesus inadequate, and God a liar.

If God remembers your sins no more what do you think He is going to judge you on?
Did Jesus forget to pay for some of your sins while hanging on the cross?

God being omniscient has nothing to do with our free will. Him knowing our choice doesn't determine our choice.
Proof of that is Christ. He left no man out when He paid for our sins on the cross. If our future is predetermined Christ would have only paid for the sins of the ones God picked. :eusa_angel:
none of that matters if jesus is returning and there is to be a reckoning that is predestination

What kind of reckoning are you expecting upon His return??
none and no return either...

Look up amillennialism.
The amillennial view comes from using one method of interpretation for unfulfilled prophecy and another method for non-prophetic Scripture and fulfilled prophecy. Non-prophetic Scripture and fulfilled prophecy are interpreted literally or normally. But, according to the amillennialist, unfulfilled prophecy is to be interpreted spiritually, or non-literally. Those who hold to amillennialism believe that a “spiritual” reading of unfulfilled prophecy is the normal reading of the texts. This is called using a dual hermeneutic. (Hermeneutics is the study of the principles of interpretation.) The amillennialist assumes that most, or all, unfulfilled prophecy is written in symbolic, figurative, spiritual language. Therefore, the amillennialist will assign different meanings to those parts of Scripture instead of the normal, contextual meanings of those words.

Read more: What is amillennialism?

No it doesn't, but thanks for not admitting you don't know what you are talking about.
as always you just wish I didn't....

I didn't give a definition, I made a statement. I don't even know which part of my statement you take exception to, but my guess is it has to do with my comment about kingdom theology and dominionism, feel free to look it up.
When asked, “all Christians believe there will be some sort of reckoning and the return of Jesus, do they not”, you replied, “The answer to your question is no.”

You were wrong. Feel free to look it up.

Quantum is right. No need to look it up.
There is no condemnation for a person that accepts the gift of salvation. None. zero. zip. Impossible.
Quantum was not talking about those who accept the gift of salvation. He was suggesting some Christians do not believe in a day of reckoning and the second coming.

Last edited:
The amillennial view comes from using one method of interpretation for unfulfilled prophecy and another method for non-prophetic Scripture and fulfilled prophecy. Non-prophetic Scripture and fulfilled prophecy are interpreted literally or normally. But, according to the amillennialist, unfulfilled prophecy is to be interpreted spiritually, or non-literally. Those who hold to amillennialism believe that a “spiritual” reading of unfulfilled prophecy is the normal reading of the texts. This is called using a dual hermeneutic. (Hermeneutics is the study of the principles of interpretation.) The amillennialist assumes that most, or all, unfulfilled prophecy is written in symbolic, figurative, spiritual language. Therefore, the amillennialist will assign different meanings to those parts of Scripture instead of the normal, contextual meanings of those words.

Read more: What is amillennialism?

No it doesn't, but thanks for not admitting you don't know what you are talking about.
as always you just wish I didn't....

If you knew what you were talking about you wouldn't have used that site.

Monergism :: Amillennialism

Forum List

Back