Despite Price Slump It Still Pays Big To Be An Oil CEO

R

rdean

While oil, gas and chemicals CEOs may not be able to boast about having the top salaries, overall, their industry experienced the highest growth in CEO pay last year.

According to a Wall Street Journal report from last month, around 100,000 oil workers have been laid off so far.

Highest growth in pay to lay off 100,000 workers? Got it!

I learned a long time ago to never take economic or business advise from people who can barely spell CEO

Despite Price Slump, It Still Pays Big To Be An Oil CEO
No shit. Or the CEO of any auto company, pharmaceutical company, building material company, banking company, NFL, MLB, NBA company, or a PLAYER in any of those leagues, Hollywood producers/actors etc., Music/Entertainment, or ANY POLITICIAN ie: the Clintons, the Obamas, and yes the Bushes.

Or the owner/CEO of any number of other professions. What some stupid shit you people DO posts.

Funny to me the way right wingers believe a CEO should be paid millions because they "work harder".

Funny to me the way right wingers believe a CEO should be paid millions because they "work harder".

How funny is it to YOU that a goddamn stupid piece of shit that would NEVER have graduated from any university anywhere based upon brain power should be paid millions to shove a fucking basketball through a goddamn hoop because he's seven feet tall?

YOU are truly a fucking idiot.

Ya they just bought their positions,your consistent in your class warfare and ignorance.
This should be a walk in the park for you,show the board how little it takes to run a large corp.

How funny is it to YOU that a goddamn stupid piece of shit that would NEVER have graduated from any university anywhere based upon brain power should be paid millions to shove a fucking basketball through a goddamn hoop because he's seven feet tall?

YOU are truly a fucking idiot.
You mean you didn't know? No one pays to watch a CEO play basketball. How can you not know that?

rdean gonna dean.

Whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Why single out the oil industry?

Answer: Because you're a fucking idiot.

Regardless of a commodity's price, the workload and the importance of a CEO doesn't change.

Something else that doesn't change- the cost of operations. Costs that can't be passed along to the consumer like, say, can be the cost of pizza ingredients. When the price of oil falls, that shortfall can't be recouped and must be absorbed.

Go play somewhere else, you creeped-out p.o.s. :slap:

While oil, gas and chemicals CEOs may not be able to boast about having the top salaries, overall, their industry experienced the highest growth in CEO pay last year.

According to a Wall Street Journal report from last month, around 100,000 oil workers have been laid off so far.

Highest growth in pay to lay off 100,000 workers? Got it!

I've often wondered about ceo pay myself. I can recall the ceo for Home Depot making ungodly sums of money during the run up in the housing market when a monkey serving in that same position at the sametime could have done no worse.

To be honest though I'm not sure how well a monkey might do serving as ceo for big oil because that position might be a little more hands on.

Forum List

Back