Despite facts to the contrary, Romney

Why are libs so concerned with Mitt's problems with honesty but utterly unconcerned with Pres. Obama's absolute lack of honesty?

polls_leave_Obama_alone_2011_989325_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg

Oh, this isn't just A list. This is an ongoing list that is tallied up every week.

And it's not Maddow. It's Steve Benen (as was clearly stated, or let me guess: You didn't go to the link.)

Are you trying to tell me that the blog that has Maddow's name on it that is on the MSNBC website has nothing to do with Rachel Maddow? If not, your point makes no sense because I sill wonder why she has a list of Romney's lies without also posting a link of Obama's lies. That seems to me to be a bit one sided, and a complete abdication of her responsibility as a journalist. If you are, I will simply laugh and point to the fact that her picture is on the fracking blog.

Dude. She didn't write the list. She doesn't control the list. Yes, Mr. Benen's blog is on her site.

You really need to calm the fuck down. You take yourself waaaaaay too seriously.

She published the fracking list on her blog, she approved it or it wouldn't be there. Come to think of it, since MSNBC is hosting the site they should demand she either take it down or give equal time to someone with the opposite viewpoint, after all, lefties support the Fairness Doctrine.

The fact that I am banging my head against the wall that you built to confine your common sense from preventing you from being honest does not mean I am upset, it just means I am persistent.

Continues to lie as easily as he draws breath, everywhere, all the time.

Chronicling Mitt's Mendacity, Vol. XXIV - The Maddow Blog

Actually, only 21 lies! That's not so bad. He's had worse weeks than that. Good job, Mittens! :clap2:

1. Following the Supreme Court's ruling on Arizona's anti-immigrant law, Romney said "we are still waiting" for President Obama "to present an immigration plan."

No, actually, we're not. Obama endorsed a comprehensive reform plan years ago, and presented his own detailed plan more than a year ago.

2. At a campaign event in Salem, Virginia, Romney said Obama had "all the support he needed" in Congress to pass immigration legislation during his first two years in office.

That's plainly false. There were Democratic majorities in both chambers, but not enough to overcome Republican filibusters.

3. At the same event, Romney said Obama "did not deal with immigration" policy.

Sure he did. Obama introduced a comprehensive immigration reform proposal; he increased deportations; he strengthened border security; and he used his prosecutorial discretion to implement the goals of the DREAM Act. Romney may not approve of these policies, but he should deny their existence.

4. Romney also argued that Obama "promised" to keep unemployment "below 8 percent" through the Recovery Act.

As Romney surely knows by now, that's simply not true.

5. Romney went on to accuse Obama of "raising taxes on small businesses."

In reality, Obama cut taxes on small business, many times, and Romney should probably understand that "cutting taxes" is the opposite of "raising taxes."

6. Romney said an "avalanche of new regulations" under Obama is standing in the way of "good jobs."

Actually, Obama approved fewer regulations in his first three years in office than Bush did in his first three years.

7. Romney also said Obama "says no to developing our oil resources."

Oil production is up under Obama.

8. Romney added, "Guess how many [trade] agreements this president has negotiated? Zero. No new agreements to open up markets for American goods."

Panama, Colombia, and South Korea know better.

I wonder why Maddow doesn't run a list of Obama's lies.

Deflection noted...

The Maddow blog oh my freaking god that's what counts as a source now that's as bad as someone from the right using Sean Hannity as source about Obama in fact it might be worse at least Hannity doesn't pretend to be a actual journalist.

Bullshit. The assertions are cited.

And I'm glad Hannity doesn't pretend, though it does cause me to wonder what his credentials are, and why people pay such close attention to what he says.

No they aren't. I specifically followed the link that claimed Obama introduced an immigration policy over a year ago, it led to a story that contained a link to another story that contained a pdf on the White Hose website. That pdf was not sent to Congress, devotes more than half of its 34 pages to talking about what Obama has done, has a lot of photo ops of Obama talking about things, and contains a few proposals that were not actually sent to Congress.

Want to try again?

The Maddow blog oh my freaking god that's what counts as a source now that's as bad as someone from the right using Sean Hannity as source about Obama in fact it might be worse at least Hannity doesn't pretend to be a actual journalist.

In July 2009, The Atlantic named Benen one of the top 50 most influential political commentators in the United States.

Did they comment on his integrity?

Same exact thing in reverse from this side.

Really?

Feel free to point out where I ever said anything nice about Romney. Until you find that I will continue to point out that Obama has told as many lies as Romney and that everyone lies.

Are you trying to tell me that the blog that has Maddow's name on it that is on the MSNBC website has nothing to do with Rachel Maddow? If not, your point makes no sense because I sill wonder why she has a list of Romney's lies without also posting a link of Obama's lies. That seems to me to be a bit one sided, and a complete abdication of her responsibility as a journalist. If you are, I will simply laugh and point to the fact that her picture is on the fracking blog.

Dude. She didn't write the list. She doesn't control the list. Yes, Mr. Benen's blog is on her site.

You really need to calm the fuck down. You take yourself waaaaaay too seriously.

She published the fracking list on her blog, she approved it or it wouldn't be there. Come to think of it, since MSNBC is hosting the site they should demand she either take it down or give equal time to someone with the opposite viewpoint, after all, lefties support the Fairness Doctrine.

The fact that I am banging my head against the wall that you built to confine your common sense from preventing you from being honest does not mean I am upset, it just means I am persistent.

Shoo, little man. You are really irritating.

That's you. It happens all over the board on a regular basis.

I find it odd that everybody is just peachy keen with the offshore shit.

She did it first never worked on my mother when I got in trouble, my guess is it doesn't work with your kids either. Why should you get away with it?

Continues to lie as easily as he draws breath, everywhere, all the time.

Chronicling Mitt's Mendacity, Vol. XXIV - The Maddow Blog

Actually, only 21 lies! That's not so bad. He's had worse weeks than that. Good job, Mittens! :clap2:

Deflection noted...

Let me rephrase it for the idiots who cannot remember my position.

Romney is a politician, he lies. Pointing this out makes about as much sense as pointing out the sky is blue. Given that Maddow seems to feel it necessary to publish a list of Romney's lies I wonder why she doesn't run a list of Obama's lies.

Really?

Feel free to point out where I ever said anything nice about Romney. Until you find that I will continue to point out that Obama has told as many lies as Romney and that everyone lies.

You may not have noticed? But YOU are not the only other poster in this thread. In fact that quote wasn't even addressed to you.

Shoo, little man. You are really irritating.

Good, that means your conscious is still alive in there, it isn't hopeless.

Really?

You may not have noticed? But YOU are not the only other poster in this thread. In fact that quote wasn't even addressed to you.

You may not have noticed, but you did not direct that post to anyone in particular.

FACT CHECK: Romney oversimplifies debt ‘inferno’ - Salon.com

ROMNEY: “I will lead us out of this debt and spending inferno. We will stop borrowing unfathomable sums of money we can’t even imagine, from foreign countries we’ll never even visit. I will bring us together to put out the fire.”

THE FACTS: Romney’s tax and spending plans don’t support his vow to dampen the debt fire. He proposes to cut taxes and expand the armed forces, putting yet more stress on the budget, and his promise to slash domestic spending isn’t backed by the big specifics. Romney’s tax plan would cut the top income tax rate to 28 percent from 35 percent and other rates by 20 percent each. He says he’d broaden the tax base and eliminate many deductions in the process, but details are missing.

A study by the nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget concluded earlier this year that Romney’s plans would not make a dent in deficits, and could worsen them considerably. That study was done before Romney upped his tax cuts, inviting even deeper debt.

This is, of course, one with the new genre of 'Fact Checking' that those on the left merely use to editorialize with the hope the reader will accept such as fact. Romney's statement was merely a candidate promising what he could generally be expected to do if elected. The only "fact" that could be questioned on this particular quote is simply whether Romney actually said it (he did). That the debt is historically large and possessed by countries that most of us will not "visit" is not disputed...not even by Salon's 'Fact Checker" here.

Further, while the article laments that Romney's "details are missing" in the next breath it states "That’s not to say he can’t at some point lay out the spending cuts necessary to achieve his aims." All well and good, but if Salon would really like to carry on a policy debate on debt and debt reduction why not juxtapose the specifics of the Democrat's plan to address the problem and put Mitt to shame on his "Lack of details"? Surely, this would easily be accomplished by citing their latest federal budget proposal passed in the Senate... Wait, What, really? They haven’t passed a budget since April 29, 2009 you say? Details, details, pish posh!

This type of 'Fact Checking' is mere political editorializing disingenuously labeled with the hope that the 'low info' voter will swallow it hook, line, and sinker. Not that's there's anything wrong with that, for voters really have the individual responsibility to seek out Obama opposition's arguments as to how they would address our economic woes and then compare it with that of the Dem’s/Obama's.

JM

Deflection noted...

Romney is a politician, he lies. Pointing this out makes about as much sense as pointing out the sky is blue. Given that Maddow seems to feel it necessary to publish a list of Romney's lies I wonder why she doesn't run a list of Obama's lies.

Because he lies more often than Obama, and even when he's caught lying, he continues to assert what he just said was true.

Deflection noted...

Because he lies more often than Obama, and even when he's caught lying, he continues to assert what he just said was true.

Wanna bet?

Forum List

Back