Despite facts to the contrary, Romney

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Continues to lie as easily as he draws breath, everywhere, all the time.

Chronicling Mitt's Mendacity, Vol. XXIV - The Maddow Blog

Actually, only 21 lies! That's not so bad. He's had worse weeks than that. Good job, Mittens! :clap2:

1. Following the Supreme Court's ruling on Arizona's anti-immigrant law, Romney said "we are still waiting" for President Obama "to present an immigration plan."

No, actually, we're not. Obama endorsed a comprehensive reform plan years ago, and presented his own detailed plan more than a year ago.

2. At a campaign event in Salem, Virginia, Romney said Obama had "all the support he needed" in Congress to pass immigration legislation during his first two years in office.

That's plainly false. There were Democratic majorities in both chambers, but not enough to overcome Republican filibusters.

3. At the same event, Romney said Obama "did not deal with immigration" policy.

Sure he did. Obama introduced a comprehensive immigration reform proposal; he increased deportations; he strengthened border security; and he used his prosecutorial discretion to implement the goals of the DREAM Act. Romney may not approve of these policies, but he should deny their existence.

4. Romney also argued that Obama "promised" to keep unemployment "below 8 percent" through the Recovery Act.

As Romney surely knows by now, that's simply not true.

5. Romney went on to accuse Obama of "raising taxes on small businesses."

In reality, Obama cut taxes on small business, many times, and Romney should probably understand that "cutting taxes" is the opposite of "raising taxes."

6. Romney said an "avalanche of new regulations" under Obama is standing in the way of "good jobs."

Actually, Obama approved fewer regulations in his first three years in office than Bush did in his first three years.

7. Romney also said Obama "says no to developing our oil resources."

Oil production is up under Obama.

8. Romney added, "Guess how many [trade] agreements this president has negotiated? Zero. No new agreements to open up markets for American goods."

Panama, Colombia, and South Korea know better.

I guess that if you repeat a lie often enough, eventually the sheep will take it as the truth.

Ever notice how small talking points reverberate through the GOP until they proclaim it as true, even though it's not?

Got news for the teabaggers................Obama was born in Hawaii, and has never apologized for this country as President.

• Banned
FACT CHECK: Romney oversimplifies debt ‘inferno’ - Salon.com

ROMNEY: “I will lead us out of this debt and spending inferno. We will stop borrowing unfathomable sums of money we can’t even imagine, from foreign countries we’ll never even visit. I will bring us together to put out the fire.”

THE FACTS: Romney’s tax and spending plans don’t support his vow to dampen the debt fire. He proposes to cut taxes and expand the armed forces, putting yet more stress on the budget, and his promise to slash domestic spending isn’t backed by the big specifics. Romney’s tax plan would cut the top income tax rate to 28 percent from 35 percent and other rates by 20 percent each. He says he’d broaden the tax base and eliminate many deductions in the process, but details are missing.

A study by the nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget concluded earlier this year that Romney’s plans would not make a dent in deficits, and could worsen them considerably. That study was done before Romney upped his tax cuts, inviting even deeper debt.

Interestingly enough, Mittens the Abortion Profiteer (look it up, it's true) has never said squat about how he'd pay for the tax cuts.

Wanna know where it's gonna come from? He's gonna sell us out to China. Get ready for the sweatshops y'all, under Romney, they're coming.

Actually, only 21 lies! That's not so bad. He's had worse weeks than that. Good job, Mittens! :clap2:

1. Following the Supreme Court's ruling on Arizona's anti-immigrant law, Romney said "we are still waiting" for President Obama "to present an immigration plan."

No, actually, we're not. Obama endorsed a comprehensive reform plan years ago, and presented his own detailed plan more than a year ago.

2. At a campaign event in Salem, Virginia, Romney said Obama had "all the support he needed" in Congress to pass immigration legislation during his first two years in office.

That's plainly false. There were Democratic majorities in both chambers, but not enough to overcome Republican filibusters.

Sure he did. Obama introduced a comprehensive immigration reform proposal; he increased deportations; he strengthened border security; and he used his prosecutorial discretion to implement the goals of the DREAM Act. Romney may not approve of these policies, but he should deny their existence.

4. Romney also argued that Obama "promised" to keep unemployment "below 8 percent" through the Recovery Act.

In reality, Obama cut taxes on small business, many times, and Romney should probably understand that "cutting taxes" is the opposite of "raising taxes."

6. Romney said an "avalanche of new regulations" under Obama is standing in the way of "good jobs."

Actually, Obama approved fewer regulations in his first three years in office than Bush did in his first three years.

8. Romney added, "Guess how many [trade] agreements this president has negotiated? Zero. No new agreements to open up markets for American goods."

I wonder why Maddow doesn't run a list of Obama's lies.

Because there aren't as many.

Mittens lies every time he flip flops and does an etch a sketch moment...........which is to say at least once a day.

Looks like ole BDPoop is still ignoring all of Obama's lies, as well as his record.

Mittens lies every time he flip flops and does an etch a sketch moment...........which is to say at least once a day.

Obama is a lawyer, if his lips are moving he is lying.

Interestingly enough, Mittens the Abortion Profiteer (look it up, it's true) has never said squat about how he'd pay for the tax cuts.

Wanna know where it's gonna come from? He's gonna sell us out to China. Get ready for the sweatshops y'all, under Romney, they're coming.

Easy, appeal Obamacare. That will "pay" for a lot of stuff.

By the way.............got a link that proves that Obama apologized to other countries for America? How's about you got a link that proves any of the bullshit Mittens says about Obama?

And make sure they're legit, like real news or AP, not some fucked up right wing blog.

By the way.............got a link that proves that Obama apologized to other countries for America? How's about you got a link that proves any of the bullshit Mittens says about Obama?

And make sure they're legit, like real news or AP, not some fucked up right wing blog.

Huh?

Huh?

Just what I thought................you've got nothing.

Oh, this isn't just A list. This is an ongoing list that is tallied up every week.

And it's not Maddow. It's Steve Benen (as was clearly stated, or let me guess: You didn't go to the link.)

BTW...............just out of curiosity, why is it that William Kristol, Rush Limbaugh and Rupert Murdoch (the GOP trinity) are talking bad about Mittens when he's the one they're supposed to be supporting?

BTW...............just out of curiosity, why is it that William Kristol, Rush Limbaugh and Rupert Murdoch (the GOP trinity) are talking bad about Mittens when he's the one they're supposed to be supporting?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo6SOpOE788]Ann Coulter on 2012 GOP Field: If Christie Doesn't Run, Romney Will be Nominated and Lose to Obama - YouTube[/ame]

"I'll put it in a nutshell. If we don't nominate Chris Christie, Romney will be the nominee, and we'll lose."

Limbaugh, nine months ago (and he raises some valid points).

Legislators are filled with ego, they sit around and by "yes" men, they're not executives, and they're one of many, and the buck never really stops with them. Governors, it's just the exact opposite. But when we look at the record, and we bring up Romneycare, we're told, "Well, that's been he was a governor, but as president he wouldn't do any such thing." What? What do you mean he wouldn't do any such thing? He did it is the point. He has positions as governor that make it obvious he believes in the concept of manmade global warming. "Yeah, but that was as governor, Rush. It's a liberal state. He had to do things to get elected." Um, there's gonna be a lot of liberal pressure on whoever our president is: Media, Democrat members of Congress that the media's gonna fawn all over.

Every night you'll have Harry Reid and Pelosi on camera commenting on what the new conservative president's doing. There's gonna be all kinds of liberal pressure on whoever our next president is who's a Republican conservative. The Romneycare health care bill has individual mandates, and they're wrong. Individual mandates are wrong whether they're imposed by a governor or a president. Governor McDonnell of Virginia has not done what Romney did in Massachusetts, and neither have most other Republican governors. Governor McDonnell of Virginia is running a very small deficits, but surplus, in fact, I think. His unemployment rate in Virginia is way down. Nobody talks about him for the presidency, because he himself has not put himself out there for it.

But most Republican governors are not having to fall back on the federalism argument to justify what they did. "Well, it's states' rights. You know, we're laboratories. We can do whatever we want to do. I wouldn't do it, of course, at the federal level! I wouldn't do it. But, of course, the governors we gotta experiment with things," and the reason that they're not falling back on federalism is because, as governors, they didn't make terrible policy decisions that they now have to justify. So if we are going to look at a governor's record, what exactly do we find? There's manmade global warming, and Romney has indicated that he believes in it and he has supported laws in Massachusetts built on it. The EPA, the Environmental Protection Agency, in the federal government is out of control.

Rush Limbaugh: Romney Is Not A Conservative | RealClearPolitics

Huh?

Just what I thought................you've got nothing.

If I demanded you provide proof that Bush conspired with Genghis Kahn to conquer the moon my guess is you wouldn't have anything either. That, at least, would make sense since I never said that Obama apologized for America.

Oh, this isn't just A list. This is an ongoing list that is tallied up every week.

And it's not Maddow. It's Steve Benen (as was clearly stated, or let me guess: You didn't go to the link.)

Are you trying to tell me that the blog that has Maddow's name on it that is on the MSNBC website has nothing to do with Rachel Maddow? If not, your point makes no sense because I sill wonder why she has a list of Romney's lies without also posting a link of Obama's lies. That seems to me to be a bit one sided, and a complete abdication of her responsibility as a journalist. If you are, I will simply laugh and point to the fact that her picture is on the fracking blog.

Because they don't like the fracking idiot?

Forum List

Back