Despicable

CaféAuLait;3553531 said:
What has become of today's liberalism that makes it acceptable to attack the mentally handicapped if they or their parents are conservatives?

Consider the following disgraceful posting about Trig Palin published at the left-leaning website Wonkette Monday:

That strange man yelling unintelligibly at Sarah Palin? He’s merely a lowly shepherd proclaiming the birth of our savior. Today is the day we come together to celebrate the snowbilly grifter’s magical journey from Texas to Alaska to deliver to the America the great gentleman scholar Trig Palin. Is Palin his true mother? Or was Bristol? (And why is it that nobody questions who the father is? Because, either way, Todd definitely did it.) It doesn’t matter. What matters is that we are privileged to live in a time when we can witness the greatest prop in world political history. [...]

Liberal Website Wonkette Disgracefully Attacks Trig Palin On His Third Birthday | NewsBusters.org

Huggies, Papa John's and Vanguard have pulled ads. People on Twitter are calling for more sponsors to do the same.

Here is an article from a mother with a down syndrome child who is upset:

As the parent of a child with Down syndrome, consider me sad, angry and confused. I believe in free speech, but this just goes too far. This is much bigger than politics….this is a full on attack to a mother and her child. I feel there is no purpose to his “article” except causing harm to others…and ultimately cause a storm of site visits and recognition.

Down Syndrome: A Mom's Response to Wonkette & Jack Stuef | Carrie with Children

I don't care for Sarah Palin, not a whit. The attacks though on her kids, this just being the most recent, are despicable. The whole 'who's the mother' thing is worse than the birther nonsense on Obama, since Trigg is helpless. This goes even to lower depths than I've seen, intimating incest.

Like the mother you quoted, I had a sister with Downs. While she never lived at home, she was part of our family. She brought much joy to our gatherings and my brother and I learned much from visiting her at first her group home and later her sheltered apartment. Because of her, I learned sign language. I also learned the value of things in their place, she was very rigid from living in groups. Move something of hers, believe me, you'd know what strong is!

She brought an innocence that most of us lose by 12. Every day's a new day was truly true.

One does not have to like Sarah Palin. One does not have to embrace her ideology or her view of what right policy should be. One does not have to appreciate her mannerisms, style, substance, or focus.

But other than being somebody a lot of people disagree with, what has she done that is so terrible? That is worthy of ridiculing, smearing, demeaning, degrading her? Has she cheated on her husband? Abandoned or beaten her kids? Robbed a bank? Beat up an old lady on the street? Stole money out of the offering plate? What?

Where have all the people gone who could disagree with others without having to be hateful toward them or about them? And certainly without being hateful to or about their friends and family?

There are idiots in both parties sadly they get all the news while people in the middle don't because they are not nuts or ignorant enough.

To attack someone on the job they did/didn't do is fine attack Obama for a still bad ecomony, still being in 2 wars etc. but not on his race. Attack Palin for quitting her job or not being to smart but for gods sake leave her disabled kid out of it. Attack Bristol for having a kid out of marriage and then getting paid millions by and abstinance group.

Young kids should be off limits, Race should be off limits Attack people for their actions not the color of their skin or their disability.

I don't think Bristol is fair game either unless she is inappropriately taking public funds. Whatever deal she cuts with a private group should be her business and her business alone. And while I've never had a child out of wedlock, I can speak from experience that there is no better spokesperson or advocate for some causes than that which comes from having made a mistake and results in commitment to helping others avoid making the same mistake. That isn't hypocrisy of any sort.

That's another question. Whatever happened to the concept that public figures were allowed to be human, to make mistakes, to correct errors, to change their mind? Those who do so honestly I think more often deserve commendation instead of criticism.

Certainly criticise the obvious liar or dishonest person. Certainly criticize policy or programs or concepts that you believe to be wrong and detrimental. But don't attack the person just because we don't agree with him or her. Those I attack will be those who are obviously dishonest and who have self serving intentions that are harmful to me or those I care about.

Bristol made it her choice to put herself out there, making her a public figure. The other kids did not so they shouldn't be attacked. The moment they choose to put themselves out there and speak out on issues and chooose to have the spotlight put on them then they are fair game.

I just love how people praise palin for having the child, it wasn't a brave choice if she preaches what she believes then the thought of not having the kid should have EVER crossed her mind.

After the lies about ACORN I don't think any rational person buys into right wings attack ads.

This was not a right wing attack ad. It wasn't even a left wing attack ad. This was an actual blog post on what used to be a reputable left wing site. The blog is almost universally condemned, the exception being idiots like you who somehow think this is justifiable, and it has cost the site ad revenue as most, if not all, of its advertisers have pulled out because of the hatefulness involved here.

I'm sure if enough time and effort went into it, someone somewhere said something this stupid.

Not too many tho, or believe me, we would hear it.

See, when assholes on the right say idiotic things like this, we oust them.

Read the top comment on the article:

My God, what in the name of decency were you thinking in posting this column? Can your life be so shallow and your integrity so brittle that you would take it upon yourself to demean a developmentally challenged child for political kicks? Your website has been deleted from my Favourites list.
I can promise you, most Liberals would stand up and criticize the fuck outta this guy. This kind of family attacking has no place on any side.. especially not a special needs kid.

Do I like the Palins? Absolutely not. But this stuff is so far over the line, it isn't even funny.

HOWEVER..

Your side isn't so innocent in attacking children:

Conservative Free Republic blog in free speech flap after racial slurs directed at Obama children

Go read the comments on some conservative sites..

It happens on every side. It's despicable and uncalled for no matter who does it.

You do understand that there is a difference between comments and the actual content of a site, don't you? One is people who are not affiliated with the site making random anonymous posts, and the other is post made with intent by people that actualy own, or work at, the site. Another difference is that the comments were deleted from the Free Republic blog, while this post is still up at Wonkette.

Bristol made it her choice to put herself out there, making her a public figure. The other kids did not so they shouldn't be attacked. The moment they choose to put themselves out there and speak out on issues and chooose to have the spotlight put on them then they are fair game.

I just love how people praise palin for having the child, it wasn't a brave choice if she preaches what she believes then the thought of not having the kid should have EVER crossed her mind.

So criticize what she is saying. Don't criticize her for putting herself out there. What is it to you if she believes she has a message that will help others? Is she suggesting anybody do anything illegal? Is she telling lies about people? Is she inciting to riot? Is she teaching something that is mentally or physically harmful to people? If not, and she is not using taxpayer money to do it, what is it to you?

What is it to you that Sarah Palin chose to have a Downs syndrome baby rather than abort it? It hasn't cost you anything. How is she harming you in any way? Why can't we accept that as a part of who she is and not think it is something we need to attack or demonize her for?

So criticize what she is saying. Don't criticize her for putting herself out there. What is it to you if she believes she has a message that will help others? Is she suggesting anybody do anything illegal? Is she telling lies about people? Is she inciting to riot? Is she teaching something that is mentally or physically harmful to people? If not, and she is not using taxpayer money to do it, what is it to you?

What is it to you that Sarah Palin chose to have a Downs syndrome baby rather than abort it? It hasn't cost you anything. How is she harming you in any way? Why can't we accept that as a part of who she is and not think it is something we need to attack or demonize her for?

Bristol is a twit.

Bristol is a twit.

I don't know if she is or isn't, but I do know that as long as she isn't hurting anybody else, it should be her business.

Bristol is a twit.

I don't know if she is or isn't, but I do know that as long as she isn't hurting anybody else, it should be her business.

She has injected herself into the national conversation on current issues and she's a chip off the old block. A twit just like her mother.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ma_hZL-Ic]YouTube - Sarah Palin: Worst governor ever?[/ame]

What has become of today's liberalism that makes it acceptable to attack the mentally handicapped if they or their parents are conservatives?

Consider the following disgraceful posting about Trig Palin published at the left-leaning website Wonkette Monday:

That strange man yelling unintelligibly at Sarah Palin? He’s merely a lowly shepherd proclaiming the birth of our savior. Today is the day we come together to celebrate the snowbilly grifter’s magical journey from Texas to Alaska to deliver to the America the great gentleman scholar Trig Palin. Is Palin his true mother? Or was Bristol? (And why is it that nobody questions who the father is? Because, either way, Todd definitely did it.) It doesn’t matter. What matters is that we are privileged to live in a time when we can witness the greatest prop in world political history. [...]

Liberal Website Wonkette Disgracefully Attacks Trig Palin On His Third Birthday | NewsBusters.org

Huggies, Papa John's and Vanguard have pulled ads. People on Twitter are calling for more sponsors to do the same.
"PoliticalChic" has finally exposed the great liberal conspiracy - in reality, we are all "closet bigots" who hate "the mentally handicapped if they or their parents are conservatives!"

Last edited:

Bristol is a twit.

you're a bigoted idiot.

Bristol is a twit.

you're a bigoted idiot.

Birfer, please.

Forum List

Back