Desperation Watch: Democrats propose extending Bush Tax Cuts

Mortgage plus RE taxes: 48K a year
Tuition and food for 2 kids in college 24K a year
Car payments.................................8K a year
Car insurance.................................5K a year
Life Insurance.................................2K a year
Heallth Insurance...........................19K a year
Utilities (Phone electric oil)..............15K a year

That is 120K a year....and I have not saved, my family has not eaten, we are not clothed

On 200K my net is about 130K

I am middle class living at best. We have a nice home, nothing extravagant....we have 2 cars.....we have heat and AC....we are comfortable.

But we are not living like the UPPER CLASSS.

Looks to me like you're middle class trying to live like upper class.

Forty-eight thousand a year in mortgage and taxes?

Eight-thousand a year in car payments?

Good God, man, show some restraint and good sense.

That is 120K a year....and I have not saved, my family has not eaten, we are not clothed

I am middle class living at best. We have a nice home, nothing extravagant....we have 2 cars.....we have heat and AC....we are comfortable.

Notice how liberals can dictate to us what is living "too high" but they can't Obama?

How about those 500 buck tennis shoes of Michelle? Does she need "some restraint?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

shit I save $2,500 a month on less than $130,000
anybody paying $24M a year in college tuition and $8M in car notes does not want to be affluant.

Nice try.

48K in mortgage.......My real estate taxes are 8k of that.

3200 mortgage payment for a house in NYC area is not abnormal....look at the chart YOU posted. Hopuses in our area go from 500K to 1million.

8K in car payments......over 4 years that is 32K........is 16K a car so outrageous?

You are a fool if you think that is out of line in the NYC area.

keeping up with the Jones happers lots a people. That's a choice.

Wanna get rich the easy way, pay yourself first.

shit I save $2,500 a month on less than $130,000
anybody paying $24M a year in college tuition and $8M in car notes does not want to be affluant.

24 a year for two college STATE SCHOOL tuitions, room and board....

8K a year for 2 cars over 4 years equates to 16K a car.

Exactlyh what is so outrageous about that?

You obviously have no idea about actual cost of living if you think 4k a year for car payments is high...and you certainly have never put a kid through college if you think 12K a year is high.

keeping up with the Jones happers lots a people. That's a choice.

Wanna get rich the easy way, pay yourself first.

keeping up with the Jonses?

two Fords is keeping up with the Jonses?

2 state school educations is keeping up with the Jonses?

Too proud to respond now that you realize what an ass you made of yourself.

LMAO...12k a year for tuition and 16K for a car deserves a "Good God man!"

Pathetic. You talk out of your ass.

where do I start. A college education on average yields $2.5 mm in career earnings. Mine are taking student loans.
No one individual Item on your list is horrible in itself, but if your saying you can't cloth yourself and you have two new cars.
Priorities I guess, getting rich and eating always beat out new car and bigger house for me.

where do I start. A college education on average yields $2.5 mm in career earnings. Mine are taking student loans.
No one individual Item on your list is horrible in itself, but if your saying you can't cloth yourself and you have two new cars.
Priorities I guess, getting rich and eating always beat out new car and bigger house for me.

ahhh...Now I see the error. You missed the crux of the debate.

Of course I can clothe my family and feed them. I am not desitute. The argument was about 200K being deemed as UPPER CLASS and I was simply showing that 200K does NOT allow one in the NYC area to live an upper class lifestyle.

Yes, I could have gone with FASFA....but I was able to avoid it.

But I certainly am not putting away all kinds of money and living an upper class lifestyle.

I am middle class living within my means.

And nothing from Mr. Clean now that the numbers are broken down for him to see they are not so rediculous.

Typical Mr. Clean. Talk out of his ass and then cut and run when called on it.

Sad. Pathetic.

Senate Democrats will soon advance a plan to make permanent President George W. Bush's 2001 tax cuts for middle-class Americans earning less than $200,000, but let the tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans expire, two Senate party aides said Tuesday. They will also propose to reinstate a 45% estate tax on individuals for the next two years.

Read more: Democrats to Propose Extending Middle-Class Tax Cuts - TIME

Didn't read your own article, I see. Middle class tax cuts stay in place but the bogus tax cuts for the uber wealthy will expire. Dumbass.

Exactly but you won't catch samurai admitting how WRONG he is AGAIN, he will just run away from this thread to start another based on something he cut and pasted from a blog.

The fact is that Dems want to leave the middle class tax cuts in place so how does samurai actually believe that this upsets or bothers the left??

Families making over $200K in major metro areas are not uber wealthy - they are middle class.

Bullshit. The Census Bureau shows the middle class as 20% of the country earning between $40,000 and $95,000 annually. People making $200K a year are considered to be part of the upper class.

NOW. Politics & Economy. Who is the Middle Class? Overview | PBS

Your link is a story from 2004 based upon information two or three years prior to that.

Not applicable to the current discussion.

Try again.

Funny but at least peepers provided something REAL to support her numbers. So where are the ones that support the numbers that YOU agreed with??

Got anything REAL?

Bullshit. The Census Bureau shows the middle class as 20% of the country earning between $40,000 and $95,000 annually. People making $200K a year are considered to be part of the upper class.

NOW. Politics & Economy. Who is the Middle Class? Overview | PBS

And that is quite convenient that a government bureaucracy spins such nonsense.

It's only in recent times that people who live in 3 bedroom 2 bath tract homes in the suburbs of major metros are considered upper class. And why is this? To provide a pretext to increase their taxes. They are wager earners who work for a living - and unable to shelter investment income the way the truly wealthy do. They are, for the most part, trapped. Many have houses with eroded or negative equity so selling and moving is problematic. Quitting their jobs to move to a low tax area is infeasible. Yep. They're trapped. And the politicians know it and are setting them up.

Quite correct.

Democrat Party Class Warfare 101...

More opinions presented with no substance and agreed with with no substance. Imagine that.

Families making over $200K in major metro areas are not uber wealthy - they are middle class.

Not really.

households with incomes in the top 5% of households have earning of $174,000 or more.

U. S. Income Quintiles, 2007

Top 5% isn't middle class.

As for the OP, it would be bad economics to raise the general level of taxes during a recession. I read somewhere recently that letting the tax cuts expire would be equivalent to increasing interest rates by 2%. That's bad policy.

But the Bush tax cuts were horrible economics to begin with. The three Bush tax cuts cost the US Treasury $1.5-$2 trillion, dwarfing the size of the Obama stimulus.

Last edited:
And it must have been a lot of them if you couldn't get by on $100,000 a year in Ohio.

I find it interesting that you can say that without knowing the cost of living in Ohio...

Well, I will tell you this. My wife and I are in the 200K bracket. We are comfortable. We save very ittle and do very little extra spending. We are not upper class. We are upper middle class perhaps, but by no means are we upper class.

Hell we aren't even 80K. Under Bush we were saving for retirement, had our home. Things were going good.

Under Obama? Our 401K has gone up in smoke, we can't afford to improve the house, our kids health insurance looks like it will be NON EXISTENT next year, and Democrats want to tell us things are IMPROVING????????

They can lie but real life tells you different.

So now you DON'T have your home and despite the fact that the bottom was dropping out of the markets under W you are still trying to hold obama accountable for something that began on W's watch?? How is obama to be held accountable for YOUR children's lack of insurance?? are you on the government dole??

You do realize that W was president until Jan 20, 2009 don't you??

bush-miss-me-yet.jpg

Yow! :eek: Oh liberals, THAT'S GOTTA HURT!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I can feel your pain from here! :lol::lol:

enate Democrats will soon advance a plan to make permanent President George W. Bush's 2001 tax cuts for middle-class Americans earning less than $200,000, but let the tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans expire, two Senate party aides said Tuesday. They will also propose to reinstate a 45% estate tax on individuals for the next two years.

The emerging tax plan is designed, as much as anything else, to clarify the differences between the two parties as they hurtle toward the fall elections. Following on their success with the financial-regulatory-reform bill, Democrats are betting that Republicans will once again take up a legislative battle on behalf of the wealthy. "Republicans are going to have a real choice ahead of them," says a Democratic aide. "Are you for extending these tax cuts for middle-class families or are you against them because you want to protect tax cuts for the wealthiest 1% of Americans?" (See how some Americans are facing the prospect of long-term unemployment.)

Now this is FUNNY STUFF. Democrats fought like hell against those Tax Cuts all through the Bush admin.

NOW it's Republicans in the way of extending those cuts? Oh please! :lol::lol: They have no power. They can't stop anything!

Come on Democrats! How stupid do you think we are?

YOU are now the vanguard of keeping these tax cuts, which you said for EIGHT YEARS WERE TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH? And you say that EVEN as you claim the GOP is the party of the rich.

WELL WHO THE HELL PASSED THOSE TAX CUTS IN THE FIRST PLACE DEMOCRATS????????

Bwahahahaaa!

Man they have to KNOW they are going to LOSE big time in November to flip flop like this on Bush Tax cuts!

bush-miss-me-yet.jpg

Oh I'm sorry, am I supposed to rage or hate the Democrats for this? Because applause probably wasn't the reaction you were looking for.

bush-miss-me-yet.jpg

Yow! :eek: Oh liberals, THAT'S GOTTA HURT!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I can feel your pain from here! :lol::lol:

enate Democrats will soon advance a plan to make permanent President George W. Bush's 2001 tax cuts for middle-class Americans earning less than $200,000, but let the tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans expire, two Senate party aides said Tuesday. They will also propose to reinstate a 45% estate tax on individuals for the next two years.

The emerging tax plan is designed, as much as anything else, to clarify the differences between the two parties as they hurtle toward the fall elections. Following on their success with the financial-regulatory-reform bill, Democrats are betting that Republicans will once again take up a legislative battle on behalf of the wealthy. "Republicans are going to have a real choice ahead of them," says a Democratic aide. "Are you for extending these tax cuts for middle-class families or are you against them because you want to protect tax cuts for the wealthiest 1% of Americans?" (See how some Americans are facing the prospect of long-term unemployment.)

Now this is FUNNY STUFF. Democrats fought like hell against those Tax Cuts all through the Bush admin.

NOW it's Republicans in the way of extending those cuts? Oh please! :lol::lol: They have no power. They can't stop anything!

Come on Democrats! How stupid do you think we are?

YOU are now the vanguard of keeping these tax cuts, which you said for EIGHT YEARS WERE TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH? And you say that EVEN as you claim the GOP is the party of the rich.

WELL WHO THE HELL PASSED THOSE TAX CUTS IN THE FIRST PLACE DEMOCRATS????????

Bwahahahaaa!

Man they have to KNOW they are going to LOSE big time in November to flip flop like this on Bush Tax cuts!

bush-miss-me-yet.jpg

Who hurts are the Republicans. Why? Because Democrats are working to end the Republicans "fuck the middle class" policies. Republicans have started two wars. Iraq and their "War on the Middle Class". Afghanistan was started by Bin Laden - and they let him have a 7 year head start for some mysterious reason.

Forum List

Back