Desperation Watch: Democrats propose extending Bush Tax Cuts

Two-hundred thousand on Long Island (one of the the most expensive places in the US to live) and you're doing quite well for yourself.

You can afford a home in any of the better communities and enjoy all the trappings of a solidly comfortable middle to upper middle class lifestyle.

I seriously doubt this "know it all" even has kids, or has ANY idea how much it costs to pay for a house, insurance, medical insurance, braces, clothes, food, education and all the rest to raise even a couple kids.

Are you referring to me? You're the one posting false "facts" about the costs of living in NYC that I had to just school you on.

If you have a couple of kids in NYC and you can't make it making $200K, you have som SERIOUS issues with spending. That's a lot of money, even for here.

HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW??????

You admitted in another post you live by yourself. You have no idea how much it costs to raise kids!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Senate Democrats will soon advance a plan to make permanent President George W. Bush's 2001 tax cuts for middle-class Americans earning less than $200,000, but let the tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans expire, two Senate party aides said Tuesday. They will also propose to reinstate a 45% estate tax on individuals for the next two years.

Read more: Democrats to Propose Extending Middle-Class Tax Cuts - TIME

Didn't read your own article, I see. Middle class tax cuts stay in place but the bogus tax cuts for the uber wealthy will expire. Dumbass.

I read it!

Who's the dumbass?????

The fact they want to keep ANY PART OF THE BUSH TAX CUTS SAYS A LOT!

They think we are stupid enough to buy that a "middle class tax cut" really is a tax cut.

Remember Clinton's????????? Oh yeah that's right, it never happened.

Liberals are trying to play the "tax cuts for the rich" bit.

But HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, who really pays the taxes????

Keep reading.

You're about to get your butt BURNED!!!!!!! (re: Clinton's tax-increase!
507.gif
)​

In the New York City area, 200K is nothing more than middle class.
Wrong. The median income in NYC is @37K

15 miles out of the city a one bedroom apartment is $1500/month NOT including utilities.
I live in Brooklyn less than 10 miles from Manhattan. My rent is $1183/month on a huge 1BR with all utilities included except for power. I have an elevator and laundry room on the premesis. I am 5 minutes walking distance from Prospect Park and 1 block from the train. 15 miles out would NEVER be that expensive for a 1BR. Even Harlem isn't that expensive.

A pack of cigarettes costs $11.00.
Who cares? I don't smoke.

The cost of the Long Island Rail Road to commute from 15 miles out of the city is $265 a month.
My commute is 45 minutes door to door on the subway at $89 for unlimited rides per month. That works out to about $2.22 a day for transportation. I don't have a car - don't need one.

To drive to the city will cost you $15 in tolls a day plus parking of $20 a day. Plus gas of 3.00/per gallon
There is a commuter tax even if you dont commute.
I don't commute by car. No one commutes to the city by car unless you are wealthy and have a driver. EVERYONE commutes by bus and train. Don't worry. I just took an office poll.

There are state income taxes AND city income taxes along with federal income taxes
Yes, there are, but we have to keep up public transit among other programs that are important to the success of our community. WE understand that.

200K in the NYC area is center middle class at best.
Nope, it's still upper class.

Lets analyze this.

First of all, 15 miles out is Long Island. I dare you to find a one bedroom on Long Island for less than 1500 a month. One where your children can play outside without fear of a drive by shooting.

I dare you to have your children take a subway to school at the age of 7.

I dont drive to work either. But the cost of the LIRR is 265 as month for me and 265 a month for my wife. We dont have the choice of subway.

You dont need a car. Good for you. I dare you to try to deal with children without a car.

You dont smoke. Good for you. So why should you care? You shouldnt if you are selfish and it dsoes not affect you. I used that as an example of high cost of living in NYC.

Funny. I did not complain about the taxes. I simply said we had them showing you that our "spendable income" is not simply what is left over after Fed tax.

You took an office poll? You are at work? And you spend so much time posting on here?

No wonder you are only making 50K. Get back to work.

Not married. Maybe you should not be so selfish and only worry about how things affect YOU!

No children? Maybe you should have some and see how costly they are to rear properly in NY.

Your tune will change dramatically.

We need to get-back to The largest tax increase in American history, as Bob Dole described Bill Clinton's tax-increase.​

It's a SIMPLE-MATTER of allowing ALL Bush tax-cuts to expire.....for everyone!!!!

What too-many Americans have forgotten....or, didn't know (excusing, of course, younger-people....who're merely lookin' to jump-on the noisiest-bandwagon that rolls-by).......​

"The vast majority of taxpayers saw no change in their income taxes as a result of the 1993 law. CBO estimates that most households paid only $38 more per year, as a result of the 4.3 cent per gallon increase in the gas tax."

Then the CBO is full of it!

:lol::lol:

I knew it!!!!! LIVES BY HIMSELF!

I'm a she, and I know it doesn't take 200K to successfully raise kids, no matter where you live. If you struggle at that amount, like I said, you have no money sense. I can guarantee you that NONE of the families in my neighborhood make that much, but they all seem to be doing OK. And for the last time, few people have mortgages here - or cars for that matter. I actually spend less on utilities and transportation here percentage wise than when I lived in the south and had to drive everywhere.

I seriously doubt this "know it all" even has kids, or has ANY idea how much it costs to pay for a house, insurance, medical insurance, braces, clothes, food, education and all the rest to raise even a couple kids.

Are you referring to me? You're the one posting false "facts" about the costs of living in NYC that I had to just school you on.

Excuse me liar, but YOU are the one posting facts about how much you make to be "rich."

And as I said I bet a dime you have no damn clue how much it costs to raise a family.

Nice try deflecting but you know I have you.

You haven't a clue!

I'm a she, and I know it doesn't take 200K to successfully raise kids, no matter where you live. If you struggle at that amount, like I said, you have no money sense. I can guarantee you that NONE of the families in my neighborhood make that much, but they all seem to be doing OK. And for the last time, few people have mortgages here - or cars for that matter. I actually spend less on utilities and transportation here percentage wise than when I lived in the south and had to drive everywhere.

HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW????????

Whether you are he or she, YOU HAVE NO DAMN CLUE how much it costs to raise a family.

You can cite your bureaucratic BS all you want, BUT REAL LIFE IS different honey!

That's why the TEA party is fed up with arrogant technocrats like YOU!

You think you can recite numbers to tell us we are better off BUT REAL LIFE IS A BITCH against policy and number crunching wonks.

You know this is killing them! They will probably just float this around until after the elections and then let them expire for everyone....

Oh it's OBVIOUSLY A PLOY! ;)

But how dumb do they think this is?

It's like saying they are going to cut taxes for those who don't pay them in the first place!

Yes, I know the middle class pays taxes, but who REALLY pays those taxes, and you know it's those supposed "rich" that Obama hates.

This is OBVIOUSLY a Democrat trick. The question is, how many guillible will fall for it.
That's the same-thing the Republican-hu$tler$ said, regarding Bill Clinton's tax-increases....​

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

:eusa_whistle:

Face it Peepers, you have been busted for talking about your butt.

Come back when you can talk from EXPERIENCE LIKE I CAN!

:lol::lol::lol:

Families making over $200K in major metro areas are not uber wealthy - they are middle class.

Hey! My family is a one income family who makes a LOT LESS than that, (my finding a job in this economy???? Yeah right!).

We bought a house and had plans to totally remodel it under Bush. Under Obama? We can't even afford to replace the floors.

We can barely stay within our budget for food let alone have enough to do the stuff we want on this house (and no we aren't flipping it, we live in it).
You QUITE-obviously took-on MORE THAN YOU COULD AFFORD!!!!!!

Ask ANY "conservative"!!!!!

You know this is killing them! They will probably just float this around until after the elections and then let them expire for everyone....

Oh it's OBVIOUSLY A PLOY! ;)

But how dumb do they think this is?

It's like saying they are going to cut taxes for those who don't pay them in the first place!

Yes, I know the middle class pays taxes, but who REALLY pays those taxes, and you know it's those supposed "rich" that Obama hates.

This is OBVIOUSLY a Democrat trick. The question is, how many guillible will fall for it.
That's the same-thing the Republican-hu$tler$ said, regarding Bill Clinton's tax-increases....​

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

Look you cite all this BS, but it won't defeat sheer memory.

And Clinton went all over Bush for "breaking his no new tax cuts" promise.

Then Clinton promised a "middle class tax cut" (which I knew he was lying about in 1992) and then broke it within three months of becoming president.

For some reason there was no backlash for Clinton for breaking that promise.

Then the CBO projected deficits going into 2000 at Clinton tax hike range.

The economy did NOT recover until after 1994 and THAT WAS BEAUSE REPUBLICANS TOOK CONTROL and forced Clinton to do the things necessary like cut Capital Gains and reform Welfare (among other things).

Now you can cite your CBO (and it was obvious Clinton cooked the books all through the 90s) but when it started to get better wasn't before 1994.

So keep on with your BS and I will tell you the facts.

And IF it wasn't the Republican who fixed the economy explain WHY CLINTON TOOK CREDIT FOR THE REPUBLICAN POLICIES WHEN HE RAN FOR RE-ELECTION IN 1996?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz3b3BU8ISI]YouTube - Bill Clinton Reelection Ad[/ame]

All of those cites in that ad were because republicans FORCED him to do it.

Do you know how many times he vetoed Welfare reform before he was forced to sign it? And then he RAN on it!

BS on!

Too bad I have a better memory than you!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And once again you are re-defining the terms. No one is saying "cant make it" on 200K. We are simply saying that 200K is not upper calss living with a family of four.

And once again, you are referring to Park Slope Brooklyn. I live on Long Island. I have a mortgage, 2 children, 2 tuitions for college, (one is out now), Fed, state local and commuter taxes, VERY HIGH real estate taxes of over 8K a year (not complaining, just letting you know what is spendable).

Sure, You can say I should have lived in Park Slope Brooklyn. But I chose Long Island and ownership of a house. 200K is not allowing me an upper class lifestyle. I am OK with that. It allows me a comfortable life in the NYC area with a little left over for a small vacation a year...SOMETIMES....and a little put away for retirement.

200K gives me a nice middle class lifestyle.

Yes, I can make it even better by sacrificing and renting instead of owning, making my kids take subways to school, not have a car...etc....

But I chose THIS type of middle class life. You chose YOURS.

But whereas yours requires sacrifice of ownership of a home and a car and your own washer and dryer, mine requires sacrifice of more savable income.

But by no means am I living an upper calss lifestyle.

Your thought process is warped.

Face it Peepers, you have been busted for talking about your butt.

Come back when you can talk from EXPERIENCE LIKE I CAN!

Yeah, you keep on believing that... YOU have no idea what you're talking about. I feel for you if you can't manage a family on 200K a year - and if Long Island is too much for you, why don't you move? Who the hell wants to live on LI anyway? You must be one of the properly-groomed easily-influenced sheeple consumers of useless crap - AKA republican. Anyway, my lunch break is over.

Families making over $200K in major metro areas are not uber wealthy - they are middle class.

Bullshit. The Census Bureau shows the middle class as 20% of the country earning between $40,000 and $95,000 annually. People making $200K a year are considered to be part of the upper class.

NOW. Politics & Economy. Who is the Middle Class? Overview | PBS

Yeah! Don't you know Liberals decide who is rich and poor! :mad:

FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!

Have you tried to raise a family on that???????????

You are some kid who doesn't have a family to support right?

You have to be to be this damn clueless on how much it takes to raise a family to think you can even afford braces for your kid on this.

40K!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Instead o' whinin' & carrying-on......shouldn't you be OUT.....lookin' for a JOB??!!! :confused:

But by no means am I living an upper calss lifestyle.

Yes, actually, you are. If I get you correctly, and the "new" middle class is 200K, I guess that makes me working poor, right - along with 20% of this country? Wonderful. But hey, at least you still get your tax break, so what are you bitching about?

Bullshit. The Census Bureau shows the middle class as 20% of the country earning between $40,000 and $95,000 annually. People making $200K a year are considered to be part of the upper class.

And that is quite convenient that a government bureaucracy spins such nonsense.

It's only in recent times that people who live in 3 bedroom 2 bath tract homes in the suburbs of major metros are considered upper class. And why is this? To provide a pretext to increase their taxes. They are wager earners who work for a living - and unable to shelter investment income the way the truly wealthy do. They are, for the most part, trapped. Many have houses with eroded or negative equity so selling and moving is problematic. Quitting their jobs to move to a low tax area is infeasible. Yep. They're trapped. And the politicians know it and are setting them up.

Let's put it this way. I'm not giving out my family's income, but I know one thing.

We don't live high on the hog and we sure make more than 40K.

I don't see how ANYONE can afford a house and have a couple kids making 40K.

A SINGLE person could live high on the hog making that (at least in Ohio) but with a family???? Oh man it's impossible!

Sounds like someone is trying to maintain too-large a house!!

:rolleyes:

Maybe you should try living in New York with kids making $200,000 as a family before you make your judgment. Or at least talk to people like this and ask them if they feel upper class..... I'm pretty sure that won't happen though.

You surely-do spend an awful-lot-o'-time moanin' & groanin'.

If you filled-in all that moanin' & groanin' time....with a job....you might be in a little-better-shape.

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back