Desperation Watch: Democrats propose extending Bush Tax Cuts

If you have a couple of kids in NYC and you can't make it making $200K, you have som SERIOUS issues with spending. That's a lot of money, even for here.

You know this is killing them! They will probably just float this around until after the elections and then let them expire for everyone....

Oh it's OBVIOUSLY A PLOY! ;)

But how dumb do they think this is?

It's like saying they are going to cut taxes for those who don't pay them in the first place!

Yes, I know the middle class pays taxes, but who REALLY pays those taxes, and you know it's those supposed "rich" that Obama hates.

This is OBVIOUSLY a Democrat trick. The question is, how many guillible will fall for it.

But extend the Bush tax cuts? That really is a desperate ploy for the Democrats to play.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe you should try living in New York with kids making $200,000 as a family before you make your judgment. Or at least talk to people like this and ask them if they feel upper class..... I'm pretty sure that won't happen though.

I DO live in New York, asshole, and I am squarely in the real middle class. As in @ 50K. I definitely don't feel upper class, but I am not struggling and can afford to live by myself and save a little. Many families here make much less and very, very few people here have a mortgage, as a 1 bedroom in Manhattan usually starts at over $1 million. Most people rent. You really shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about.

You have a family of four and you make 50K and live in the NYC areas and you say you are middle class and comfortable?

I say you are full of shit.

Maybe you should try living in New York with kids making $200,000 as a family before you make your judgment. Or at least talk to people like this and ask them if they feel upper class..... I'm pretty sure that won't happen though.

I DO live in New York, asshole, and I am squarely in the real middle class. As in @ 50K. I definitely don't feel upper class, but I am not struggling and can afford to live by myself and save a little. Many families here make much less and very, very few people here have a mortgage, as a 1 bedroom in Manhattan usually starts at over $1 million. Most people rent. You really shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about.

You have a family of four and you make 50K and live in the NYC areas and you say you are middle class and comfortable?

I say you are full of shit.

Maybe he lives in Bayonne.

If you have a couple of kids in NYC and you can't make it making $200K, you have som SERIOUS issues with spending. That's a lot of money, even for here.

You seem to be changing the criteria of upper class.

Read what you wrote.

"Cant make it"?

Sure...you can make it on 200K but it does not mean you are living the high life.

family of four will make it....sure.....and live a middle classs life.

Exactly what I am saying.

We need to get-back to The largest tax increase in American history, as Bob Dole described Bill Clinton's tax-increase.

It's a SIMPLE-MATTER of allowing ALL Bush tax-cuts to expire.....for everyone!!!!

What too-many Americans have forgotten....or, didn't know (excusing, of course, younger-people....who're merely lookin' to jump-on the noisiest-bandwagon that rolls-by).......​

"The vast majority of taxpayers saw no change in their income taxes as a result of the 1993 law. CBO estimates that most households paid only $38 more per year, as a result of the 4.3 cent per gallon increase in the gas tax."

Families making over $200K in major metro areas are not uber wealthy - they are middle class.

Hey! My family is a one income family who makes a LOT LESS than that, (my finding a job in this economy???? Yeah right!).

We bought a house and had plans to totally remodel it under Bush. Under Obama? We can't even afford to replace the floors.

We can barely stay within our budget for food let alone have enough to do the stuff we want on this house (and no we aren't flipping it, we live in it).

It isn't the "rich" that are feeling the effects of this economy. We ALL do.

Middle Class Tax Cut!

How stupid do Dems think we are! It pisses me off.

Same BS Clinton pulled.

What makes me even angrier ARE THE STUPID WITH SHORT MEMORIES THAT DO FALL FOR THIS BS.

They never learn! :mad:

In the New York City area, 200K is nothing more than middle class.
Wrong. The median income in NYC is @37K

15 miles out of the city a one bedroom apartment is $1500/month NOT including utilities.
I live in Brooklyn less than 10 miles from Manhattan. My rent is $1183/month on a huge 1BR with all utilities included except for power. I have an elevator and laundry room on the premesis. I am 5 minutes walking distance from Prospect Park and 1 block from the train. 15 miles out would NEVER be that expensive for a 1BR. Even Harlem isn't that expensive.

A pack of cigarettes costs $11.00.
Who cares? I don't smoke.

The cost of the Long Island Rail Road to commute from 15 miles out of the city is $265 a month.
My commute is 45 minutes door to door on the subway at $89 for unlimited rides per month. That works out to about $2.22 a day for transportation. I don't have a car - don't need one.

To drive to the city will cost you $15 in tolls a day plus parking of $20 a day. Plus gas of 3.00/per gallon
There is a commuter tax even if you dont commute.
I don't commute by car. No one commutes to the city by car unless you are wealthy and have a driver. EVERYONE commutes by bus and train. Don't worry. I just took an office poll.

There are state income taxes AND city income taxes along with federal income taxes
Yes, there are, but we have to keep up public transit among other programs that are important to the success of our community. WE understand that.

200K in the NYC area is center middle class at best.
Nope, it's still upper class.

Last edited:
The leftists' whole existence is a lie. Every word from their mouths is a lie. Every idea they hold dear is a lie. Very sad.

Families making over $200K in major metro areas are not uber wealthy - they are middle class.

Quite correct - any family making a bit over $200k with a couple of kids in a metro area throughout the United States is hardly "wealthy".

The Democrats are, just as the OP indicates, engaged in a painful practice of trying to parse the Bush tax cuts. These Democrats were and are against ALL cuts in the tax rates but with Election 2010 quickly approaching, some within the party are scrambling to try and save some of those very tax cuts they were so opposed to.

And it says A LOT.

They are DESPERATE to fool voters into thinking they have their interests at heart.

And it also says they KNOW how well the Bush Tax Cuts WORKED that they want to keep some of them.

Man this is really a desperate ploy on Democrat's part.

:lol::lol::lol:

In the New York City area, 200K is nothing more than middle class
Wrong. It is still upper class. The median income in NYC is @ 37K

15 miles out of the city a one bedroom apartment is $1500/month NOT including utilities.
I live in Brooklyn less than 10 miles from Manhattan and I pay $1183 for a huge 1BR/all utilities included except power and cable w/ elevator and laundry on premesis.

A pack of cigarettes costs $11.00.
Who cares? I don't smoke

The cost of the Long Island Rail Road to commute from 15 miles out of the city is $265 a month.
My commute is 45 minutes door to door on the subway at $89 for unlimited rides per month. That works out to about $2.22 a day for transportation. I don't have a car - don't need one.

To drive to the city will cost you $15 in tolls a day plus parking of $20 a day. Plus gas of 3.00/per gallon
There is a commuter tax even if you dont commute.
I don't commute and no one commutes to the city by car unless you are wealthy and have a driver. EVERYONE commutes by bus and train. Don't worry. I just took an office poll.

There are state income taxes AND city income taxes along with federal income taxes
Yes, there are, but we have to keep up public transit among other programs that are important to the success of our community. WE understand that.

200K in the NYC area is center middle class at best.
Nope, it's still upper class.

You obvioulsy are a liar.

You made that shit up.

Good for you. You win.

Feel better?

Bullshit. The Census Bureau shows the middle class as 20% of the country earning between $40,000 and $95,000 annually. People making $200K a year are considered to be part of the upper class.

NOW. Politics & Economy. Who is the Middle Class? Overview | PBS

And that is quite convenient that a government bureaucracy spins such nonsense.

It's only in recent times that people who live in 3 bedroom 2 bath tract homes in the suburbs of major metros are considered upper class. And why is this? To provide a pretext to increase their taxes. They are wager earners who work for a living - and unable to shelter investment income the way the truly wealthy do. They are, for the most part, trapped. Many have houses with eroded or negative equity so selling and moving is problematic. Quitting their jobs to move to a low tax area is infeasible. Yep. They're trapped. And the politicians know it and are setting them up.

Trapped????? :confused:

You need to cut-back on your soap-opera fixes.

:rolleyes:

Bullshit. The Census Bureau shows the middle class as 20% of the country earning between $40,000 and $95,000 annually. People making $200K a year are considered to be part of the upper class.

Yeah! Don't you know Liberals decide who is rich and poor! :mad:

FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!

Have you tried to raise a family on that???????????

You are some kid who doesn't have a family to support right?

You have to be to be this damn clueless on how much it takes to raise a family to think you can even afford braces for your kid on this.

40K!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's only in recent times that people who live in 3 bedroom 2 bath tract homes in the suburbs of major metros are considered upper class. And why is this? To provide a pretext to increase their taxes. They are wager earners who work for a living - and unable to shelter investment income the way the truly wealthy do. They are, for the most part, trapped. Many have houses with eroded or negative equity so selling and moving is problematic. Quitting their jobs to move to a low tax area is infeasible. Yep. They're trapped. And the politicians know it and are setting them up.

Let's put it this way. I'm not giving out my family's income, but I know one thing.

We don't live high on the hog and we sure make more than 40K.

I don't see how ANYONE can afford a house and have a couple kids making 40K.

A SINGLE person could live high on the hog making that (at least in Ohio) but with a family???? Oh man it's impossible!

Quite correct.

Democrat Party Class Warfare 101...

.....Driven by Lil' Dumbya's redistribution-of-wealth (i.e. givin' the high-roller$ tax-cuts.....so they didn't have to help pay-for.....while profiting-from.....two Wars. :rolleyes: )​

I seriously doubt this "know it all" even has kids, or has ANY idea how much it costs to pay for a house, insurance, medical insurance, braces, clothes, food, education and all the rest to raise even a couple kids.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BWAHAHAHAHHAA!

I knew it!!!!! LIVES BY HIMSELF!

Even hasn't a CLUE how much it costs to raise a family!!!!!!

It figures!!!!!!!

BUSTED!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHHAA!

I knew it!!!!! LIVES BY HIMSELF!

DOESN'T even have a CLUE how much it costs to raise a family!!!!!!

It figures!!!!!!!

BUSTED!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back