Desperation At It's Worst....Maybe.

She said "if"". Where's the basis for defamation? He's running for president. If he wants to conceal things, people are going to talk. Romney's move.

IF, Obama was born in Kenya as he claimed for 17 years then he is guilty of a felony. IF Obama claimed foreign status to receive money for his education then he is guilty of a felony.

So you agree there was nothing wrong with what Cutter said, right? It isn't substantially different than things said daily about Obama, except they usually don't say "if"! :cool:

Not at all, there is everything wrong with what she said. I am a working Joe who is going to have my limited wealth redistributed by this administration. I am posting on a message board. She represents the administration of the POTUS. She is saying things that she has no evidence to make. At least with Obama when I say IF, we have the evidence of his claim to being born in Kenya. I don't make these things up.

If I did, would that be "defamation and slander"?

The nitpicking won't work here. But you keep trying.

Obama said it and now Romney is spring loaded to make him pay for it.

All Romney needs are for the independents to keep falling off of Obama's wagon and right now they are dropping like flies.

Why? The questions haven't been answered. All we're getting is a smokescreen by Romney. The problem with smokescreens is that they don't last forever.

There is no smokescreen here. You get Obama's words plain and simple. And what you get from Obama is a whore on TV suggesting Romney might be a felon.

The integrity of David Axelrod has to be measured in Angstroms.

When it comes to over-the-top politics, the Obama campaign has set a new standard with recent attempts to paint Mitt Romney as a felon.

This clever and utterly false allegation was advanced more than once by Stephanie Cutter, President Obama’s deputy campaign manager.

During several days of media rounds that included some tough challenges — “Felon?!” — Cutter variously stuck to her guns, softened a bit and, finally, under relentless pressure, retracted the comment — or at least the felony insinuation.

But the fact that the campaign advanced the notion in the first place is revealing. Trying to define Romney in some criminal light was obviously a strategy and, not to leap to conclusions, suggests both desperation and a lack of any substantive criticism.

Here’s how Cutter justified the original innuendo on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” when co-host Mika Brzezinski pressed her on her use of the term. IF Romney misrepresented himself on his Securities and Exchange Commission filings related to his tenure at Bain Capital, THEN he would have committed a crime, she said.

Sheesh. If/then: What a basis for defamation and slander. Applying that calculus, we’re all guilty of somebody’s random supposition. But all is fair in love and politics, right? Or don’t facts matter just a little bit?

Kathleen Parker: Obama campaign shows its desperation in Romney attack - The Washington Post

And while we are still dealing with the "You didn't build that" and all the whining on the left about what Obama said and what it meant (and if he didn't mean it why did his telprompter tell him to say it ?), we have "Ho" Cutter out selling herself like a low life street walker (my apologies to you streetwalkers on the board).

And why should the right let it die.

Obama is desperate.

With Cutter it's a case for slander. And now she's running scared. For the Globe we are talking libel.

I guess in this day and age political punks think they can just throw terms around like "felon" and not have blow back.

You bet these people are shitting their pants over Cutter claiming that Romney is a felon.
And yes Cutter put it that way. Either a liar or a felon.

She's in deep shit.

IF, Obama was born in Kenya as he claimed for 17 years then he is guilty of a felony. IF Obama claimed foreign status to receive money for his education then he is guilty of a felony.

So you agree there was nothing wrong with what Cutter said, right? It isn't substantially different than things said daily about Obama, except they usually don't say "if"! :cool:

No, we don't say if.

We don't say "If Obama wipes his ass with the Constitution."

We say "Obama has wiped his ass with the Constitution on a routine basis."

No speculation there.

Quit nitpicking and get used to the words President Romney.

That could be a possible case of defamation, saying "if" isn't. OP FAIL! That's all I was saying.

Keep up the good work Obama...:lol:

SNIP:
CURL: From bad to worse for President Obama

At the end of last week, a liberal guest on a radio talk show declared that not much was going on in the presidential campaign — not much save for Mitt Romney’s tenure with Bain Capital and whether he would release 20 years worth of tax returns, as demanded by Team Obama.

But that’s the problem with those liberal goggles: When you put them on, you just can’t see the forest for the trees.

A lot happened last week — and none of it was good for President Obama.

Unable to run on his record, the president has of late turned sharply negative, blanketing the nation — and especially the swing states — with a barrage of what his campaign calls “contrast ads.” In all, the floundering incumbent has laid out some $100 million in what are plain old “attack” ads, dwarfing Mr. Romney’s ad spending.

One ad showed the presumptive Republican nominee singing “America the Beautiful” — off-key, of course. Overlaid on the screen are claims that Mr. Romney’s companies outsourced jobs to Mexico, India and China, and that he has had investments in Bermuda, Switzerland and the Cayman Islands.

In June alone, the Obama campaign burned through $58 million — $70.8 million when combined with the Democratic National Committee. Meanwhile, for the second month in a row, the Romney machine outraised Mr. Obama and his partners $105 million to $70 million.

What much of the mainstream media missed — deliberately — was the effect of Mr. Obama’s negative onslaught. But the results were all there, albeit buried, in a New York Times/CBS News poll on Thursday, which found that Mr. Romney has taken the lead, 45 percent to 43 percent. In paragraph seven, the NYT states: “It is the first time Mr. Romney has shown a numeric edge in the Times/CBS poll since he emerged from the primaries as the presumptive nominee.” Well, that’s something that liberal talking head missed.

Team Romney, though, didn’t miss it. “Despite all of the negative advertising from the Obama campaign, polling numbers are exactly where they were before they started this onslaught,” the campaign said in a memo.

Back to the NYT: “The poll includes a drop in Mr. Obama’s favorability ratings, with 36 percent saying they viewed him favorably and 48 percent saying they did not. In April, 42 percent expressed a favorable opinion of him and 45 percent an unfavorable one.” If you’re keeping score at home, that’s a 6-point drop.

“The poll showed a significant shift in opinion about Mr. Obama’s handling of the economy, with 39 percent now saying they approved and 55 percent saying they disapproved. In the Times/CBS poll in April, when the economy seemed to have momentum, 44 percent approved and 48 percent disapproved.” That’s a 7-point jump in disapproval.

In addition, 58 percent said Mr. Obama “had not delivered on his 2008 campaign pledge for change.” That’s nearly 6 in 10.

Still, as expected, the New York Times did its best to defend its president on his plunging favorability rating. “That change may have been affected by a reordering of this particular set of questions, which at this point in general election cycles are typically placed near the top of the survey. During the primary season, the questions about favorability were placed lower on the survey after queries about presidential job approval and other topics.” Yeah, OK, whatever.

Meanwhile, CBS dropped this bombshell in its take on the joint poll: “More than one in three Romney voters say they are supporting Romney primarily because they dislike Mr. Obama.” Well, there’s another thing that happened that political pundit missed.

Also from CBS: “Three and a half months before Election Day, Republican enthusiasm about voting this year has shot up since Mitt Romney clinched the nomination in April, from 36 percent of Republicans saying they were more enthusiastic in March to 49 percent now.”

all of it here
CURL: From bad to worse for President Obama - Washington Times

If I did, would that be "defamation and slander"?

has the Romney campaigne "suggested" Obama is a felon?

All sorts of things have been alleged. Don't you even read your own propaganda? How many felonies hasn't he been accused of? :eusa_boohoo:

Other then being born in Kenya as he claimed?

Other then killing of a US citizen and his 16 year old son without due process?

Other then his self admitted enthusiastic illegal drug possession and use? How about his self admitted DUI?

How about his whispering to Russia that if reelected he will have more "flexibility." Although not a felony that really, really worries me.

No, we don't say if.

We don't say "If Obama wipes his ass with the Constitution."

We say "Obama has wiped his ass with the Constitution on a routine basis."

No speculation there.

Quit nitpicking and get used to the words President Romney.

That could be a possible case of defamation, saying "if" isn't. OP FAIL! That's all I was saying.

The OP is about the desperation of the Obama camp.

You bastards seem to have forgotten how Obama stated he was above the gutter politics.

Now, he is tunneling below the gutter.

No fail here.

But you keep trying.

has the Romney campaigne "suggested" Obama is a felon?

All sorts of things have been alleged. Don't you even read your own propaganda? How many felonies hasn't he been accused of? :eusa_boohoo:

Blah blah blah blah nitpick and obfuscate.

That's your trick, trying to equate an "if" with the kinds of charges Obama faces daily. What's the nitpick? I think pointing out your hypocrisy isn't being picky, it's being honest.

Not at all, there is everything wrong with what she said. I am a working Joe who is going to have my limited wealth redistributed by this administration. I am posting on a message board. She represents the administration of the POTUS. She is saying things that she has no evidence to make. At least with Obama when I say IF, we have the evidence of his claim to being born in Kenya. I don't make these things up.

One doesn't require evidence for an "if". You're being particularly disingenuous, since the evidence is being withheld.

Dumb ass. If you are a working Joe, then your limited wealth had been distributed upward for the last 30 years.

That's your trick, trying to equate an "if" with the kinds of charges Obama faces daily. What's the nitpick? I think pointing out your hypocrisy isn't being picky, it's being honest.

Yes, it has become obvious that you have nothing to bring to the conversation.

Do you want Obama to release his college transcripts?

Presidents have been providing their tax returns for decades now. How many Presidents have released their college transcripts?

And Nancy Pelosi now calls it a distraction....it is unfortunate you people are not more well coordinated. You would not have gotten your asses kicked so bad in 2010.

Dumb ass. If you are a working Joe, then your limited wealth had been distributed upward for the last 30 years.

you think most people buy that crap?

The nitpicking won't work here. But you keep trying.

Obama said it and now Romney is spring loaded to make him pay for it.

All Romney needs are for the independents to keep falling off of Obama's wagon and right now they are dropping like flies.

Why? The questions haven't been answered. All we're getting is a smokescreen by Romney. The problem with smokescreens is that they don't last forever.

There is no smokescreen here. You get Obama's words plain and simple. And what you get from Obama is a whore on TV suggesting Romney might be a felon.

The integrity of David Axelrod has to be measured in Angstroms.

The smokescreen is that it's all very easy for Romney to clear up. If there's no felony, what's the problem?

One doesn't require evidence for an "if". You're being particularly disingenuous, since the evidence is being withheld.

I'd like to see the lefty heads explode if someone went on Sunday Morning Talk Shows and said "If obama is porking David Axelrod three times a week.....".

Keep trying.

Yes, it has become obvious that you have nothing to bring to the conversation.

Sorry, you have such a problem with your positions being challenged. You seem to exist within a CON echo chamber. Challenging that IS what I bring. If you can't handle that, what are you doing here?

Forum List

Back