Desperate Repubs Last Ditch Effort

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jillian, Oct 21, 2006.

1. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428
    Well... Iraq is a mess, they're rocked by one scandal after another, the polls show them as lower than an ant's knee cap and they're behind in far too many major races than they can stand....

So what's a right winger to do? That's right, kiddies.... Vote for us or... die. RAFLMAO!! Gotta love the smell of desperation. Oh... and someone tell them please... the daisy thing... been done before. :spank3: :tinfoil:

Sorry there's no link... I can't link you to aol. But it's on aol and Reuters.

--ed, Here's a link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/20/AR2006102001445.html

2. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Fuck your link.

Who gives a shit away?

Just more left wing BS.

Please, something new, if you can.

Desperation is a funny color, and it doesn't "blend" with anything.:talk2:

3. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428

So now Reuters is "left wing"? RAFLMAO! A bit out of touch, ain't ya?

http://www.pollingreport.com/

When all you have is fear to sell... guess that makes it an important commodity, huh? :tng:

Oh...and to the mod who linked the Washington Post, thanks... but it's a Reuters story that seems to be picked up by a lot of outlets.

http://elections.us.reuters.com/?WTmodLoc=HP_L1_LeftNav-17

4. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428
    Now...perhaps there are some normal conservatives who can give some constructive input on why they think the ad is or isn't a desperate grasping at straws.... instead of just raging. ;)

5. UnAmericanYOU

UnAmericanYOU VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +122
    That LBJ ad might be one of the most (in)famous political commercials, but it only ran once, now the Willy Horton ad, THAT was a keeper.

If he still can, watch OBL release another videotape next week to bitch some more about Bush, wonder if he realizes now that it's counterproductive?

Any focus on terrorism, national security, can only help the GOP, the MSM knows that, too. It's not that easy to make your opponents suppress their own votes, then there's that voter ID law.....

6. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    The "question" still stands jillian, something new, if that is asking too much.

As to "constructive input", we try, everyday we try, but YOU, and your handlers don't seem willing or maybe ABLE to understand just the basics of democracy. Ad's, my dear freind, mean NOTHING, AD'S are, have been, and will ALWAYS be propaganda, put any spin on that as you care to.

I stick to my original post.

7. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428
    Actually, according to the documentary I just saw on Barry Goldwater, he asked Johnson to stop the ad... said he'd sue him if he didn't. Johnson's campaign complied with the request.

I do agree with you that Bin Laden's videotapes have no import one way or another. I don't think they're counterproductive, I just think they have no effect on a single vote. And yes... the Willie Horton ad, though racist and unfair, was very effective.

Six months ago, I'd have agreed that focus on the WOT and national security would help the Repubs. I think at this point, short of something extraordinary between now and election day, people don't really believe this stuff any more... except for the base. And, interestingly enough, even that base is eroding.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/05/AR2006100501763.html

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I searched for a link to the article, with no comment. It would have been great if you'd have posted the reuter's link in the first place.

9. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428

I have no handlers, dude... you, however, seem to be right on target with the GOP talking points. Isn't that kool aid turning your stomach by now? And if "fuck your link" is constructive... then I stand by my prior comments. :thup:

10. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428

I didn't have it at the time... I said I got it off of aol. Aol referred to it as a Reuters story, so I went and looked for it. :)