Desperate Mom Seeks Alternative Surgery

its a relatively new concept....jw's have an interest in it.....it is what it says...surgery without blood meaning no blood is given and little blood is lost

You just have to wait a long time for the video starts to play. It took about 2 minutes for it to start for me.

Probably the child has a congenital heart malformation...maybe a hole between the ventricles.

And probably the procedure that they will pay for is an open procedure which can be bloody. And the procedure which they don't pay for is done with catheters so there is less cutting.

Everyone would prefer the second...but if your insurance doesn't pay for it, and you can't afford it, then you can't have it done.

(That's just a guess as to what the patient's surgical problem is)

Probably the child has a congenital heart malformation...maybe a hole between the ventricles.

And probably the procedure that they will pay for is an open procedure which can be bloody. And the procedure which they don't pay for is done with catheters so there is less cutting.

Everyone would prefer the second...but if your insurance doesn't pay for it, and you can't afford it, then you can't have it done.

(That's just a guess as to what the patient's surgical problem is)

You are probably right. I just got off of Peds and my inpatient part of the rotation was with the cardiopulm team which means all the patients were s/p glenn, fontane, and norwalk procedures and then CF patients (for the pulm).

Even after doing that for three weeks, I still have only a vague grasp of the vast number of CHDs and how to fix them.

Forum List

Back