Desease control is a job for gouvernement

hauke

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2015
to control desease all people need to have healthcare available

so to prevent pandemics every person needs to have healthcare

logicly that means that every gouvernement must ensure that all people in their jurisdiction get health care

what do you think ? is the prevention of a pandemic the job of the gouvernement ? and if not whos job is it ?

do you want people with pneumatic pestis running around ?

is it legal to run around with a desease and kill people ?

how do you get people who are infectiouse without a healthcare for everyone ?

"Prevention" and "health care" are not necessarily related.

All the healthcare in the world won't prevent me from getting an STD if I consort with the wrong kind of people repeatedly. Won't prevent me from getting the Zika virus if I'm bitten by a carrier-mosquito.

Under the United States Constitution, the Federal (national) government is constrained in what it can do. It would take a Constitutional Amendment (or the election of HRC) for the Federal Government to guarantee health care to all.

But there are things the Feds can do to incentivize the states and private sector to deal with potential pandemic situations and threats.

And don't forget, about a tenth of the U.S. private sector economy is comprised of people either providing health care or supporting that effort. For the U.S. Government to take it over ("..ensure that all people in their jurisdiction get health care...") would be the biggest economic cluster-fuck in history. As P.J. O'Rourke has famously said, "If you think healthcare is expensive now, wait until it's FREE."

Our "healthcare" system is a sham, trails almost all others in the advanced industrial world in terms of heathcare outcomes, and let's get real, once a pandemic is up and running it's too late to gear up all the research and development efforts to get a drug or cure out on the market. Other societies have seen the fruits of investing in society, in a healthy population, and an educated population, while in america we only invest in the aristocracy. Big pharma has by and large abandoned infectious diseases research, and when it does, it goes after north american and western european strains/markets, cuz that's where the money is. Where do many of these emerging diseases arise? Neither of those locales.

Futhermore using the above poster's morality bullshit, if you "consort" with someone infected with a resistant strain of TB by say sitting in an airport, on a bus, in a restaurant and breathing the same air, you too may enjoy the pleasures of resistant TB. We have the most expensive healthcare system in the world and it continually ranks way below many other less wealthy societies, we ain't getting what we pay through the nose for, so fuck the profiteers.

The argument of profit before humanity is cannibalism for any society.

For the U.S. Government to take it over ("..ensure that all people in their jurisdiction get health care...") would be the biggest economic cluster-fuck in history.

Other societies have come up with much better - for society as a whole - solutions, I guess we're not all that exceptional afterall.

A "for profit" health care industry would be great if it operated in a free market.

The government propped up health care industry has been thriving for decades and Obamacare only solidified it's place in our society.

Government can be used to control disease.

But when it reaches the point where the government forces people to get their children vaccinated....it's gone to far.

Forum List

Back