Describe your ideal health care policy.

I dont really have time to line mine out as well as OP did, but to me the ideal system is a private industriy where the Gov't is hands off...maybe some oversight, but let the private sector take care of itself.

In other words If I am not on the governments payroll, they need to leave me the heck alone.

Social medicine does'nt work... it has'nt worked anywhere else, so what gives us the idea it will work for us? Guess thats why people come from all over the world to seek HC here :eusa_eh:

No quick solutions really.... but what they rammed thru last March was a joke!

Oh... one more thing.... if your not a citizen, you go home to get your healthcare (except in extreme emergencies)
I work in the medical industry and it is appauling how many people are here illegally and we cater to them hand and foot. While American citizens wait in line behind them in E.R.'s -- thats just not right.

Are you truly that stupid! Not only does it work, but it costs less and gets better result in every nation it is used in than our system does.

There are many ways to skin the cat, so why don't we look at some of the very successful ones?

FRONTLINE: sick around the world | PBS
Frontline? PBS?...You must be on drugs to think PBS is going to report the facts as they are rather than the normal liberal editorial bias...Who the hell do you think owns and funds PBS?....The friggin federal governnment. Of course PBS is going tow the company line.
Look, whatever you saw on Frontline.. it missed the reality of supply and demand...
If a service or product is offered without compensation, the demand outstrips supply. The result is the price rises. Since socialized medicine is price fixed due to government decree, the service then becomes LESS available.
And juts how do you think those wonderful machines and medicines are to be paid for?.Oh thin air?.. great. Those things will disappear as well.

Insurance companies contract with provider and get big discounts. For example the following are claims against my policy.

Doctors Visit $135
Insurance pays $78 + my $10 Copay

Blood Tests $678
Insurance pays $178 + my $o Copay

Colonoscopy $1850
Insurance pays $940 + my $0 Copay

CT Scan $1000
Insurance pays $410 + my $100 Copay

Emergency Room $2200
Insurance pays $750 + my $50 Copay

For these services the provider gets $5863 if I pay the provider.
If the claims go through my insurance the provider gets $2516.

This is a huge discount. If individuals could negotiate these discounts, then the catastrophic policy makes sense.

That is a complete hoax. BY LAW medical care providers are forced to charge more to individuals than they charge insurance companies. BY LAW they can't give individuals the same prices for treatment as they do insurance billings.

The ideal health insurance ... well, first, one that the government doesn't have its grubby hands involved in. A health care system that has serious tort reform so that greasy lawyers are put on a very short leash.

One of the advantages of a single payer government run system is that it eliminates malpractice lawsuits and liability insurance for doctors and practisioners entirely. The reaon is because it is next to impossible to sue the federal government and win.

That would translate into a potential savings of at least 10% perhaps 30%.

ANd who gets to play God, you?. Some bunch of unelected unaccountable bureaucrats?
Under your "Soylent Green " system someone has to make the decision to in effect commit someone to a death sentence.
Be careful what you wish for...One day it will be you....
I have two elderly parents and I will be God Damned if I will let some yuppie fuck decide my Mom has to live as a cripple because needed a knee replacement and the yuppie government fuck decided she couldn't have one...
And screw you about longevity...
Who the fuck are you to decide what is a person's " net worth"?

Longevity is hereditary you fuckwad...We are evolving as a species. We live longer because it is natural for us to do so. So take your actuarial tables and your bean counter outlook on healthcare and cram them in your crinkly rectum.

Asked and answered, low IQ case.

We already have death panels: Medicare, Insurance companies your own spouse pulling the plug.

Health care is a product not a right.

If you can't afford it, expect to live or die accordingly.

And what is wrong with that? The world has billions of people we don't need. And healthcare isn't a right, it is man flipping the middle finger to God and nature's God and saying "I am not dead yet, mutherfunker".

If you can't afford the care already, die. Die gracefully but die already!

That's life, bucko!

why don't YOU die....I can help..

ANd who gets to play God, you?. Some bunch of unelected unaccountable bureaucrats?
Under your "Soylent Green " system someone has to make the decision to in effect commit someone to a death sentence.
Be careful what you wish for...One day it will be you....
I have two elderly parents and I will be God Damned if I will let some yuppie fuck decide my Mom has to live as a cripple because needed a knee replacement and the yuppie government fuck decided she couldn't have one...
And screw you about longevity...
Who the fuck are you to decide what is a person's " net worth"?

Longevity is hereditary you fuckwad...We are evolving as a species. We live longer because it is natural for us to do so. So take your actuarial tables and your bean counter outlook on healthcare and cram them in your crinkly rectum.

Asked and answered, low IQ case.

We already have death panels: Medicare, Insurance companies your own spouse pulling the plug.

Health care is a product not a right.

If you can't afford it, expect to live or die accordingly.

And what is wrong with that? The world has billions of people we don't need. And healthcare isn't a right, it is man flipping the middle finger to God and nature's God and saying "I am not dead yet, mutherfunker".

If you can't afford the care already, die. Die gracefully but die already!

That's life, bucko!

why don't YOU die....I can help..

We all will die. It's part of life.

Medical insurance can't change that. Esp if the care is cost prohibitive.

AVOID SIGNA!!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTncFciP5z8[/ame]

916.gif

Forum List

Back