Describe Heaven To Me, Please

I do believe in an after life and I believe there are people walking the Earth right now who have temporarily visited there. I have a long list of questions I haven't been able to answer to my satisfaction over a lifetime and that's the one thing I want to take with me when I go: that list so I can get those questions answered.

I agree that heaven is not flowing robes and floating around on clouds strumming little harps. That sounds a bit grim to me too. :)

I don't really know what to expect except that I do expect to see people I know who preceded me in death. And I am looking forward to that. And I expect to see people I have known only via the media or in history books, and I think those will be fascinating to have a conversation with. I don't what what sorts of things there will be do there but I do expect to just step from this life into that next one and live on. There will be things to see. Things to do. Things to learn. Hopefully without the negatives we have here.

Nobody who has been there reports it as an unpleasant experience in any way. No one who has been there doesn't want to return there.

:eusa_think: If any of the major religions are truth, the lives and achievements of every over-achieving type 'A' in history will have the relevance of the most miserable existence any human ever suffered through..... Why would you care about meeting a totally irrelevant Abe Lincoln? To discuss a history that no longer matters one iota?

An interesting concept. All the people in the written histories, both good and bad, made a significant difference to a significant number of people. And while all of us have been significant--we have all been important or made a difference to somebody--my life won't qualify for the history books. The only ones who will be looking for me in heaven are some I have known in my everyday life and I will be looking for them too.

But there are also those who have been my heroes or who I have noted as significant to me in some way even though I never met them. And I look forward to meeting them.

Do you have a belief in the afterlife that involves Heaven and Hell? Can you describe Heaven for me?

I was raised RCC, before 1969. Seems to me, the description we got involved a tiered arrangement of regimented groups and a lot of choral music. Sounded like about as much fun as a trip to the dentist, to be frank.

So how do you envision Heaven and why would you want to linger there for All Eternity?

Where you don't have to work and the rent is free. Basically just chill.

Will the earth dwellers have human bodies, RGS? What will prevent them from decaying? Will they age?

No more death no more disease or sickness. Jesus will be King of Earth and the 144,000 in Heaven will help him rule for God. All those Judged and found acceptable will be restored to perfect bodies.

Haven't you learned "Government can't do anything"?

It amazing how many right wingers believe that something exists based on zero evidence and every single one describes differently.

Yet, don't believe in evolution, the foundation science for biology, botany and physiology.

Just amazes me.

I do believe in an after life and I believe there are people walking the Earth right now who have temporarily visited there. I have a long list of questions I haven't been able to answer to my satisfaction over a lifetime and that's the one thing I want to take with me when I go: that list so I can get those questions answered.

I agree that heaven is not flowing robes and floating around on clouds strumming little harps. That sounds a bit grim to me too. :)

I don't really know what to expect except that I do expect to see people I know who preceded me in death. And I am looking forward to that. And I expect to see people I have known only via the media or in history books, and I think those will be fascinating to have a conversation with. I don't what what sorts of things there will be do there but I do expect to just step from this life into that next one and live on. There will be things to see. Things to do. Things to learn. Hopefully without the negatives we have here.

Nobody who has been there reports it as an unpleasant experience in any way. No one who has been there doesn't want to return there.

:eusa_think: If any of the major religions are truth, the lives and achievements of every over-achieving type 'A' in history will have the relevance of the most miserable existence any human ever suffered through..... Why would you care about meeting a totally irrelevant Abe Lincoln? To discuss a history that no longer matters one iota?

An interesting concept. All the people in the written histories, both good and bad, made a significant difference to a significant number of people. And while all of us have been significant--we have all been important or made a difference to somebody--my life won't qualify for the history books. The only ones who will be looking for me in heaven are some I have known in my everyday life and I will be looking for them too.

But there are also those who have been my heroes or who I have noted as significant to me in some way even though I never met them. And I look forward to meeting them.

Ahhhhhh... I understand. The question I ask is "Will you care about your earthly heroes in heaven?" Should you? Are you going to care about those who done you wrong? Should you? Should you love those who used you or just feel nothing?

What if heaven is being born a Star whose planets may or may not relieve the daily grind of flying in synch in a galaxy with a soap opera of entertaining life to watch?

Do you have a belief in the afterlife that involves Heaven and Hell? Can you describe Heaven for me?

I was raised RCC, before 1969. Seems to me, the description we got involved a tiered arrangement of regimented groups and a lot of choral music. Sounded like about as much fun as a trip to the dentist, to be frank.

So how do you envision Heaven and why would you want to linger there for All Eternity?

Where you don't have to work and the rent is free. Basically just chill.

:eusa_think: Washington, D.C.?!?

I would enjoy meeting Ghandi. Does your faith teach that nonchristians may also go to Heaven, Foxfyre?

Ask someone who's been there.

I have always admired many of the famous scientists. But I think that many of them were atheists. If these scientists and I were to end up spending eternity together, I doubt that it would be in some religiously scantioned version of Paradise! And some of them most likely had poor social skills, making sustaining a conversation with them difficult.

Forum List

Back