Describe Heaven To Me, Please

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Madeline, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Do you have a belief in the afterlife that involves Heaven and Hell? Can you describe Heaven for me?

I was raised RCC, before 1969. Seems to me, the description we got involved a tiered arrangement of regimented groups and a lot of choral music. Sounded like about as much fun as a trip to the dentist, to be frank.

So how do you envision Heaven and why would you want to linger there for All Eternity?

2. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,416
    I do believe in an after life and I believe there are people walking the Earth right now who have temporarily visited there. I have a long list of questions I haven't been able to answer to my satisfaction over a lifetime and that's the one thing I want to take with me when I go: that list so I can get those questions answered.

I agree that heaven is not flowing robes and floating around on clouds strumming little harps. That sounds a bit grim to me too. :)

I don't really know what to expect except that I do expect to see people I know who preceded me in death. And I am looking forward to that. And I expect to see people I have known only via the media or in history books, and I think those will be fascinating to have a conversation with. I don't what what sorts of things there will be do there but I do expect to just step from this life into that next one and live on. There will be things to see. Things to do. Things to learn. Hopefully without the negatives we have here.

Nobody who has been there reports it as an unpleasant experience in any way. No one who has been there doesn't want to return there.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Tank

Tank Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,010
    Feeling all the good you have done.

4. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Thankies for sharing, Foxfyre. I am not gonna be debating on this thread...I may ask questions, but that's all. I'm really just curious.

5. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    Anywhere where I won't have to have so many hysterical morons like you around. (Just a few for play, though.)

6. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    What a sad, small little person you are, Si. There are dozens of other threads on USMB you can post to in order to vent your spleen....why wait till Foxfyre has shared her deepest desire and then insert a petty insult?

Do you know what an emotional miser is, Si? That is how I see you. Clearly, you need help with the dreadful burden of anger and suspicion you carry with you at all times. I hope one day you receive it...meanwhile, please lay off attacking anyone else who chooses to post on this thread from their heart.

Try to show others a modicum of respect and find somewhere else to try and bash me that does not injure them.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  7. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    I answered your OP, not Foxfyre's, moron; because, well, Foxfyre doesn't have an OP here. Good God. If you aren't prepared for an answer to your question, rethink asking it. But you claim to be an attorney, so you should know that.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  8. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Damn I hope Samson does not post any squiddy heaven pics.

9. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    I do have some questions for the folks who believe in Heaven, but they can wait till more people have posted, if any do.

I wonder what Avatar would say in response to the Op? And Sky Dancer?

10. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    I do not believe in any form of afterlife Madeline. That makes the rest of your question irrelevent to me.
    I do look for ward to reading others views on it though.
    And I promise not to razz any of them.