Describe Heaven To Me, Please

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Do you have a belief in the afterlife that involves Heaven and Hell? Can you describe Heaven for me?

I was raised RCC, before 1969. Seems to me, the description we got involved a tiered arrangement of regimented groups and a lot of choral music. Sounded like about as much fun as a trip to the dentist, to be frank.

So how do you envision Heaven and why would you want to linger there for All Eternity?

I do believe in an after life and I believe there are people walking the Earth right now who have temporarily visited there. I have a long list of questions I haven't been able to answer to my satisfaction over a lifetime and that's the one thing I want to take with me when I go: that list so I can get those questions answered.

I agree that heaven is not flowing robes and floating around on clouds strumming little harps. That sounds a bit grim to me too. :)

I don't really know what to expect except that I do expect to see people I know who preceded me in death. And I am looking forward to that. And I expect to see people I have known only via the media or in history books, and I think those will be fascinating to have a conversation with. I don't what what sorts of things there will be do there but I do expect to just step from this life into that next one and live on. There will be things to see. Things to do. Things to learn. Hopefully without the negatives we have here.

Nobody who has been there reports it as an unpleasant experience in any way. No one who has been there doesn't want to return there.

• Banned
Anywhere where I won't have to have so many hysterical morons like you around. (Just a few for play, though.)

What a sad, small little person you are, Si. There are dozens of other threads on USMB you can post to in order to vent your spleen....why wait till Foxfyre has shared her deepest desire and then insert a petty insult?

Do you know what an emotional miser is, Si? That is how I see you. Clearly, you need help with the dreadful burden of anger and suspicion you carry with you at all times. I hope one day you receive it...meanwhile, please lay off attacking anyone else who chooses to post on this thread from their heart.

Try to show others a modicum of respect and find somewhere else to try and bash me that does not injure them.

Last edited:
Anywhere where I won't have to have so many hysterical morons like you around. (Just a few for play, though.)

What a sad, small little person you are Si. There are dozens of other threads on USMB you can post to in order to vent your spleen....why wait till Foxfyre has shared her deepest desire and then insert a petty insult?

Do you know what an emotional miser is, Si? That is how I see you. Clearly, you need help with the dreadful burden of anger and suspicion you carry with you at all times. I hope one day you receive it...meanwhile, please lay off attacking anyone else who chooses to post on this thread from their heart.

Try to show others a modicum of respect and find somewhere else to try and bash me that does not injure them.

I answered your OP, not Foxfyre's, moron; because, well, Foxfyre doesn't have an OP here. Good God. If you aren't prepared for an answer to your question, rethink asking it. But you claim to be an attorney, so you should know that.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I do have some questions for the folks who believe in Heaven, but they can wait till more people have posted, if any do.

I wonder what Avatar would say in response to the Op? And Sky Dancer?

I do not believe in any form of afterlife Madeline. That makes the rest of your question irrelevent to me.
I do look for ward to reading others views on it though.
And I promise not to razz any of them.

I do not believe in an after-life either, uscitizen....though I do believe in God. I'm very curious about what those who believe expect heaven to be like, as I just cannot imagine anticipating a "later".

Much like here just without pain, suffering, death.

We have many of the same relationships just coupled with Eternal Glory.

We will constantly learn and develop to be like God.

Very Light.

Other than that, I don't know. Because the Lord hasnt felt the need to tell me more yet.

Much like here just without pain, suffering, death.

We have many of the same relationships just coupled with Eternal Glory.

We will constantly learn and develop to be like God.

Very Light.

Other than that, I don't know. Because the Lord hasnt felt the need to tell me more yet.

Has He mentioned that you are supposed to YIM me? :(

Whatever your vision of Heaven might be, how do you reconcile yourself to the unchanging, static nature of it over All Eternity? I dun care if you believe Heaven is an orgasm.....after awhile it gets old, dun it?

Will you miss those you love who are not so lucky as you in their afterlife destination?

Do pets go to Heaven? Do all animals?

Whatever your vision of Heaven might be, how do you reconcile yourself to the unchanging, static nature of it over All Eternity? I dun care if you believe Heaven is an orgasm.....after awhile it gets old, dun it?

Will you miss those you love who are not so lucky as you in their afterlife destination?

We had a discussion on that recently and came to the conclusion that if there aren't dogs in heaven we don't want to go. :)

I'm leaving that one up to God but my gut tells me it is going to be okay.

As for it getting 'old', I don't expect that. I expect a life every bit as fulfilling, interesting, and wonderful as the best possible life here on Earth but without so much downside. I think it has not been more fully explained to us because as our mortal selves we simply are not capable of understanding it all. Then we will be able to.

The goal of all mankind is to achieve balance and become one with God. This process can take millions of lifetimes. It is God’s will for all of mankind to achieve this oneness. Once achieved, the process starts again with a separation… “Let us create man in our image and in our likeness…”

Death is a process that makes things new. Life and death work hand-in-hand making things new. When one breathes in – this is life. When one exhales out – this is death. One cannot live again without first experiencing death. Death is a process, not an end caused by sin or the devil.

We people (or spirits constantly manifested in the flesh) have always been going through this process. It never ends or begins – it just is.

Punishment and reward:

We believe in punishment for sin, absolutely, it is a must because we belong to a just God. We also believe you reap what you sow. We also believe sometimes bad things just happen even if a person is good. God forgives sin through the sacrifice of Jesus who paid the price.

Punishment for our sins if we do not seek forgiveness:

Some people say it is hell for eternity if one does not seek forgiveness for even the smallest offense. We don’t know what the punishment is but one can guess it is something like an eye for an eye. What a great way to teach a lesson to someone who is not sorry. After all, that is what God wants for us, so that we can grow and develop. God does not have us waste away in hell.

The idea of a permanent hell with no escape or no hope CONTRADICTS who God is as a creator. Sorry, but so does the idea of a permanent heaven where things never change and we accept the idea that some of us are in hell with no hope.

sorry for the long post - this is a quote from americanchristiansociety website
hope this helps!
Güten Tag

Orgasms get old?

doing_it_wrong_2.jpg

:tongue:

Forum List

Back