Dershowitz,a staunch Democrat ask this question about Iran...why 24 day delay?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
"Why … did he allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons after the deal expires? Why does he have an inspection regime that allows Iran to move around any material in 24 days?" Dershowitz asks."I agree with the end of the deal, the goal, but not with the means that he used to achieve it."

Dershowitz: Obama Changed Iran Deal After Reelection

I saw him today and he brought up a good point.
Why is there a 24 day period BEFORE any inspection can begin if Iran is NOT going to create nuclear weapons? After all this is the prime motivation for the Iranian agreement. Keeping Iran from having nuclear weapons should be the objective. But when Iran wants to make sure no evidence of nuclear weapon development can be found i.e. a 24 day period BEFORE inspection, WHY if they are only interested in
nuclear energy development?

Also why would Iran with the 4th largest proven oil reserves in the world need nuclear energy?
Proved oil reserves in Iran, according to its government, rank fourth largest in the world at approximately 150 billion barrels (24×109 m3) as of 2014, although it ranks third if Canadian reserves of unconventional oil are excluded.[1] This is roughly 10% of the world's total proven petroleum reserves. At 2006 rates of production, Iran's oil reserves would last 98 years if no new oil was found.
Oil reserves in Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We will be having increased violence even if there is no Nukes right away!
$150 billion buys a lot of terrorism and support for terrorists.

Now once again we see what Obama meant when he wrote in his book in 1995 "Dreams of My Father"...
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied. They were revealed.
Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time
."

So now we see that practice in reality!

For weeks, Mr. Obama argued the only alternative to the July 14 agreement is military action and cast opponents of the deal as advocating for war against Iran. “Many of the same people who argued for the war in Iraq are now making the case against the Iran nuclear deal,” Mr. Obama said in an Aug. 5 speech on the Iran deal. “The choice we face is ultimately between diplomacy or some form of war.”

Yet Mr. Obama took a strikingly different approach last Friday when asked about his sharp rhetoric for critics of the deal.

“At no point have I ever suggested, for example, that somebody is a warmonger, meaning they want war,” he said. “What I have said—and this I don’t apologize for—is that if this deal is rejected…there has to be a better way to accomplish our goal of making sure Iran doesn’t have a nuclear weapon.”
Obama Secures 34 Senators’ Support for Iran Nuclear Deal

“If we can’t get two thirds of the vote, then under the rules of the game – the rules called the constitution of the United States – then the deal goes forward,” said Cardin. “And at that point, it’s critically important for Congress to rally behind the president so that he can carry it out the best that he can.”

Insanity.

Forum List

Back