Deregulation

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
With the fall of Lehman Brothers the results of deregulation starting with Reagan are all too evident. Conservative MSM rarely notes the connections as it too is owned by corporations which still think deregulation is a good thing. Think Saving and Loan, Worldcom, and Enron.

"No other politician approaches the benefits that George W. Bush has reaped from Enron. During the 2000 presidential campaign, the Center for Public Integrity named Enron as the single largest patron of Bush’s entire political career. Over the years, Bush received $774,100 from Enron (excluding Enron’s $2 million in soft money donations to the GOP since Bush’s presidential bid) and achieved “frequent-flier” status aboard Enron corporate jets. For his part, Bush has championed Enron causes from Austin to Washington...."

Politicos pretend a market run by greed will somehow create good business practices that support America and the American worker. Corporate influence, for them, is just business as usual in Washington. Is there any question this policy, this ideological position is empty. McCain and Palin exhibit the same ideology. McCain in the S&L scandal and his close relationship to Keating, and Palin with support for the bridge to nowhere, then a reversal after which she still kept the money. Democrats are not much better in these areas either as influence peddlers seem to have way too much control of our government today. Obama offers a change. let's hope he can come through on that promise.

quote is from:
Corporations Behaving Badly

I think Obama can rearrange the deck chair on this sinking ship of state.

Works for me, I need someplace to sit and watch the sinking.

Forum List

Back