Deregulation saved the market

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
I was hoping for an example from history where this happened.

Does anyone have an instance in history where I can learn about this subject?

• Banned
You cant find any either huh?

I have been looking for examples where it was done in such a way that it impoved the market.

I cant find any.

• Banned
Dude , I asked for examples , what the fuck is wrong with that you fucking tool

Unfortunately for the airline industry, fuel costs, economic recession, and wanton overexpansion in the wake of deregulation began to have serious negative consequences. The airlines recorded a net operating loss of $421 million as early as 1981, when the number of passengers fell to 286 million. The problems were worsened by the nationwide strike of the Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (PATCO) in 1981. One airline, Braniff, collapsed completely in 1982 (although the airline operated from 1984 under new ownership before entering bankruptcy once again in 1989). Other airlines continued to expand in the face of economic problems, putting them at great risk.

Analysts continue to debate the long-term effects of deregulation. The climate in the post-deregulation era was extremely unstable as illustrated by the fates of both Continental and Eastern Airlines, two major domestic carriers. Both airlines suffered through severe financial crises, which were made worse by mismanagement and bad relationships with the labor unions. Both ended up bankrupt by 1989. The most important international carrier for the United States, Pan American, suffered the same fate. Without the cover of regulation on international flights, Pan Am suddenly had to compete with new entrants such as Laker and People's Express. By the end of 1991, after a dramatic downfall through the 1980s, Pan Am was history. The number of major carriers in the United States fell from six in 1978—United, American, Delta, Eastern, TWA, and Pan Am—to three by 1991—United, American, and Delta. Ultimately, most of the big airlines suffered some sort of loss in the 1980s—either facing complete bankruptcy or with less financial growth than hoped.

CG why dont you add something to the thread besides insults?

Last edited:
CntrlAltSnooze.jpg

way to defend your beliefs that regulations cause the market to fail.

Where is all the proof of deregulations powers to make life wonderful for America?

Unfortunately for the airline industry, fuel costs, economic recession, and wanton overexpansion in the wake of deregulation began to have serious negative consequences. The airlines recorded a net operating loss of $421 million as early as 1981, when the number of passengers fell to 286 million. The problems were worsened by the nationwide strike of the Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (PATCO) in 1981. One airline, Braniff, collapsed completely in 1982 (although the airline operated from 1984 under new ownership before entering bankruptcy once again in 1989). Other airlines continued to expand in the face of economic problems, putting them at great risk.

Analysts continue to debate the long-term effects of deregulation. The climate in the post-deregulation era was extremely unstable as illustrated by the fates of both Continental and Eastern Airlines, two major domestic carriers. Both airlines suffered through severe financial crises, which were made worse by mismanagement and bad relationships with the labor unions. Both ended up bankrupt by 1989. The most important international carrier for the United States, Pan American, suffered the same fate. Without the cover of regulation on international flights, Pan Am suddenly had to compete with new entrants such as Laker and People's Express. By the end of 1991, after a dramatic downfall through the 1980s, Pan Am was history. The number of major carriers in the United States fell from six in 1978—United, American, Delta, Eastern, TWA, and Pan Am—to three by 1991—United, American, and Delta. Ultimately, most of the big airlines suffered some sort of loss in the 1980s—either facing complete bankruptcy or with less financial growth than hoped.

CG why dont you add something to the thread besides insults?

Truth, the majority of your posts call everyone you disagree with a liar. Don't whine about my insults when you do the same thing.

Personally, I at least manage to insult individuals and don't refer to 'you people' the way you do. You're a partisan hack. I treat you as such.

And.... you really should find your own sources, preferable balance the 'pro' stance with the 'anti' stance so that you get an understanding of the issues from BOTH points of view. Then make up your own mind. However, I suspect that all you will do is agree with whatever shit your 'side' tell you.

All you EVER do is insult me and anyone you dont agree with.

Almost EVERYONE on the right here does that constantly.

Here I posted a thread where you could build your case that deregulation was GREAT for the market and all you guys could come up with is one instance were Carter allowed the trucking industry to carry loads both ways so they could compete with the railroads which had been protected for decades.

Make your damned case if their is one

The problems were worsened by the nationwide strike of the Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (PATCO) in 1981.

It was not a strike. It was a volunteer downsizing program to reduce the number of malcontents in that job force. It worked well, too.

If I explained the topic to you could you please explain it to Sally Swallows since you speak her language?

Box%20of%20Rocks.jpg

Forum List

Back