Deregulation - Republicans/Democrats

cawacko

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2009
I had to post this for Truthmatters. One of her big sayings is who is the party of deregulation? Then she says the Republicans. If forced to pick one I would probably pick the Republicans as well based on rhetoric. As anyone who follows politics knows rhetoric and action can be two very different things. Look at this quote from Jimmy Carter during his 1980 debate with Ronald Reagan. This is from Reason Magazine...

In the March issue, Reason magazine Editor in Chief Matt Welch writes: "Liberals and Democrats in the 1970s -a decade that should have proved once and for all the folly of letting 'the best and the brightest' try to build a technocratic nirvana-understood that loosening government control helped consumers at the expense of big corporations. The senator most responsible for pushing through airline deregulation was [Robert F.] Kennedy's uncle Ted. The staffer who did the most important legwork on the Kennedy-led Senate hearings was a guy who would later become a liberal Supreme Court Justice, Stephen Breyer. The most famous consumer advocate in favor of decontrol was Ralph Nader. And above them all stood a liberal president.'I share the basic beliefs of my region [against] an excessive government intrusion into the private affairs of American citizens and also into the private affairs of the free enterprise system,' Jimmy Carter said in his one and only presidential debate with the man liberals now blame for deregulation, Ronald Reagan. 'One of the commitments that I made was to deregulate the major industries of this country. We've been remarkably successful, with the help of a Democratic Congress. We have deregulated the air industry, the rail industry, the trucking industry, financial institutions. We're now working on the communications industry.' If only there were Republicans, let alone Democrats, who were as deregulatory in 2011 as Jimmy Carter was in 1978.

Reason Foundation - Reason Alert: Annual Privatization Report, CPAC, Egypt

can_o_worms.jpg

Deregulation can be the right thing to do in some situations.

Touting deregulation as the solution to all things is either driven by stupidity or greed.

cawacko you are just such a partisan hack you fail to see clearly

Touting deregulation as the solution to all things is either driven by stupidity or greed.

First off you callling anyone a partisan hack is truly rich.

Second off I openly state I am a Republican. I have never denied it. I will also admit I often hate Republicans. At the end of the day they are just scum bag politicians looking out for themselves first. So the difference between us Truthmatters is that you believe the Democrats essentially walk on water and can do little to no wrong. I don't feel that way about Republicans.

And as with this deregulation issue I've shown you the evidence of the what the party's have done vis-a-vis deregulation and you still don't want to admit that Democrats have actually done more deregulating than Republicans. Yet you continue to make comments that Republicans want to deregulate everything like you did above when the 'truth' clearly shows otherwise.

I know this is important to you because Truth does matter right?

Started with Reagan, Continued with Clinton, Bush looked the other way, and so has Obama.

'Started with Reagan...'

Did you not read what was posted?
They don't read jack shit.

For liberoidal bedwetters, history only began the day that they were born and everything bad that ever happened in the last 50 years is the fault of Reagan and/or GEORGE BOOOOOOOSH!

Reagan booted his fed chairman for a more Deregulating Greenspan that started this economic bullshit.

So Jimmy Carter was lying when he was saying he and the Democratic Congress deregulated those industries?

I give Carter credit for doing so. I definitely believe it helped contribute to the economic growth we experienced going forward.

Not necessarily so TM. You and I are the ones paying for Regulation, from inspections, audits, testing, and massive Administration of these programs.

Simply make corporations responsible for their own actions, take the cap off consumer lawsuits, and let consumers sue these bad corporations into the dark ages, or even take their business away from them and run it yourself.

In doing so, you can cut the cord altogether to corporations and taxing them, which really means giving them tons of corporate aid while you pay their taxes and gov. controlled market mark-ups in increased product pricing.

So, deregulate, remove caps on lawsuits, set corporations adrift, and let capitalism compete with cuts to their product prices.:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezpB1UEQtKA"]‪13. Rules and regulations‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks boys.

I forgot how much I liked this song until I dug it up for ya'll.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back