Deputy afeared for his life shoots woman with her hands up.

The Officer swore he saw her left hand in her pocket. It was never in her pocket. Her hands were both up all the time. So lying to a cop is a Felony, Lying to an investigator by a cop should also be a crime shouldn’t it?

Both you and Bulldog are emotional.

Look at the video. Just look at it. Do you see her lower her hands or not? She does just for an instant. In that circumstance....BAD MOVE.
You are not realizing the time frame here. This all happens in about 3 seconds. You fail to realize that the officer did not have all day to decide if he was in danger or not.
You ALSO fail to realize (or admit) that what the woman did (quickly approaching the officer) is enough to set any officer on extreme alert.

The alternative is that he was telling the truth. We have a term for someone who sees things that is not really there. It is called delusional. If the cop was telling the truth, and saw her hand in her pocket, then he was mentally unbalanced and should be locked up for the protection of everyone around him as a danger to himself and others. He has already demonstrated that he will act upon these delusions hasn’t he?

In the 1/2 second that she lowered her hands, it actually could have seemed to the officer that she did reach into her pocket under the tension of the moment.
You act as though humans are robots and can process information in nanoseconds.
You are looking at a VIDEO with the luxury of replaying it at your leisure in the comfort and safety of home or work. On that dark road he probably only had one second to decide if she was about to draw a weapon. She acted STUPIDLY.

I'm almost certain that if she had remained in her car and not aggressively approached the officer he would not have shot her.

There is no justification for what he did. No way to excuse it. No way to try and explain it away as reasonable. Either he was a thug who shot someone for no reason, or he is a lunatic who shot someone in the grips of a delusion. Either way, he should be locked up, wouldn’t you agree?

I do not agree. While I despise bad cops, we cannot be grand stand umpires deciding cases from the tiny bit of information we have.
Was he yelling at her to stay in her car? Do you even know? Was he telling her to stop and she kept coming? You do not know do you?
You and Bulldog have Mob mentality. You decided his guilt long before you saw this video or heard of this case.

If he's guilty, let a jury hear the evidence and decide. But stop convicting people from a point of ignorance and emotion.
How would you like it if an all white jury convicted you of a crime you were innocent of just because you are black?
Wouldn't you want a jury of your PEERS and a FAIR trial at the very least?

Bullshit. Her hands did become lower, but only slightly. If she was going for a pocket, it would have had to have been her shirt pocket.

According to the story, he was forced to resign and is facing federal charges. There SHOULD be state charges as well, but I'm good with federal.

That said. Most cops are good guys doing a difficult job under difficult circumstances, and with millions of nuts with guns out there, you can't blame them for being nervous.

Phooey. The cops want to shoot people. They like being able to get away with it. Also posted this week.

Cop says turn off the car, when the man goes to comply the cop shouts gun, and then while aiming his pistol at the “suspect” continues to shout to turn off the car. The man is smart enough to know that if he moves his hands, he is going to die. The cop wanted him to move his hands, wanted to have the excuse to shoot.

We probably need new protocol for this type traffic stop-maybe you could invent one instead of accusing all cops of murder.

But in the mean time, may be the cops could stop needlessly shooting people.

Why do you think they do? Is it, insanity, racism, macho in overdrive? Or, fear for their safety?

The problem is that their poor judgement causes them to shoot people without a valid reason. I don't care why they do it. If their judgement is that bad, they shouldn't be cops period.

According to the story, he was forced to resign and is facing federal charges. There SHOULD be state charges as well, but I'm good with federal.

That said. Most cops are good guys doing a difficult job under difficult circumstances, and with millions of nuts with guns out there, you can't blame them for being nervous.

Phooey. The cops want to shoot people. They like being able to get away with it. Also posted this week.

Cop says turn off the car, when the man goes to comply the cop shouts gun, and then while aiming his pistol at the “suspect” continues to shout to turn off the car. The man is smart enough to know that if he moves his hands, he is going to die. The cop wanted him to move his hands, wanted to have the excuse to shoot.

We probably need new protocol for this type traffic stop-maybe you could invent one instead of accusing all cops of murder.

OK. Let me get this straight. The current protocol is if you suspect someone of being armed is to get control of them. That means after Idiot cop shouts gun and has the suspect held at gunpoint he has a couple choices. A, show a little of the awesome courage I keep hearing cops have and get the guy out of the car and into handcuffs. Search and find the weapon, or plant something to justify the arrest.

Option B. Have the guy hold his hands out the window until back up arrives. Ordering him to take his hands from view to turn off the car after shouting gun is setting up the excuse I was afeared for my life.

View attachment 279556

If the guy complies, he is dead. If the guy doesn’t, then the cop can still shoot screaming stop resisting. Every part of the cop’s story was a lie. The absolute worst thing the cop faces if the truth comes out is possibly fired. Not charged with Assault with a deadly weapon. Nothing stopping the cop from going to another department and doing it all over again.

So everything is hopeless and kill all the cops-does anyone have a plan B?

Where did I ever say kill cops? I have always said to hold them accountable. Is there something Unamerican about that?

No, but it was my turn to go overboard with hyperbole. The real question remains, what can be done about it, considering the human element?

Why do you think they do? Is it, insanity, racism, macho in overdrive? Or, fear for their safety?

The problem is that their poor judgement causes them to shoot people without a valid reason. I don't care why they do it. If their judgement is that bad, they shouldn't be cops period.

How would you separate the good from the bad?

You're kidding, right? There are lots of public service jobs I don't know how to do. That's why we hire people who are supposed to be professionals. Evidently you don't think too much of the cops either if you think an anonymous poster on the internet is supposed to come up with answers for their problems. They are not dealing with their problem, so we need to fire them and get someone else who will.

You're kidding, right? There are lots of public service jobs I don't know how to do. That's why we hire people who are supposed to be professionals. Evidently you don't think too much of the cops either if you think an anonymous poster on the internet is supposed to come up with answers for their problems. They are not dealing with their problem, so we need to fire them and get someone else who will.
Cupla things- That's why we hire people who are supposed to be professionals-how's that working out? I think a lot of cops-they are people like us which IS why you can come up with answers. Off the top-rubber bullets or beanbags, keep drivers IN the car hands on windshield-whatever. We put a man on the moon and can't solve this?

Cupla things- That's why we hire people who are supposed to be professionals-how's that working out? I think a lot of cops-they are people like us which IS why you can come up with answers. Off the top-rubber bullets or beanbags, keep drivers IN the car hands on windshield-whatever. We put a man on the moon and can't solve this?

Right. They can still shoot people on a whim for no reason, but the bullet just doesn't do as much damage. Still hurts like hell though. You'll note that in the previous video, the out of control cop was yelling GUN!! when there was no sign of a gun. The poor guy in the car was afraid to turn his key off or put it in park. That was unquestionably poor judgment. That cop should not remain on the police force.

OK. Let me get this straight. The current protocol is if you suspect someone of being armed is to get control of them. That means after Idiot cop shouts gun and has the suspect held at gunpoint he has a couple choices. A, show a little of the awesome courage I keep hearing cops have and get the guy out of the car and into handcuffs. Search and find the weapon, or plant something to justify the arrest.

Option B. Have the guy hold his hands out the window until back up arrives. Ordering him to take his hands from view to turn off the car after shouting gun is setting up the excuse I was afeared for my life.

View attachment 279556

If the guy complies, he is dead. If the guy doesn’t, then the cop can still shoot screaming stop resisting. Every part of the cop’s story was a lie. The absolute worst thing the cop faces if the truth comes out is possibly fired. Not charged with Assault with a deadly weapon. Nothing stopping the cop from going to another department and doing it all over again.

Where did I ever say kill cops? I have always said to hold them accountable. Is there something Unamerican about that?

No, but it was my turn to go overboard with hyperbole. The real question remains, what can be done about it, considering the human element?

Step one. There are actually several steps. But let’s begin with the obvious.

1) Hold Police Officers accountable. Everyone, every single citizen is held responsible for their crimes. They are tried and convicted. Police are not. Excessive force? Handled as an employment issue. As if they bumped some cargo in the warehouse and damaged it. We give Police extraordinary authority, and back it up by giving them less responsibility than we demand from Garbage Collectors. Think about that.

We are told we have to understand that they have a tough and dangerous job. But we don’t allow anyone else with a job at least as dangerous, or even more so, with far more difficulty to get away with a fraction of the crap cops do.

A cop goes overboard and beats someone who is handcuffed or otherwise restrained. We have to understand that it was an emotional time for him. Difficult days at work. Whatever.

A Soldier comes home after watching friends die in battle. The Soldier tears up a bar, and is thrown in jail, and held to account. It may be therapy or some sort of psychiatric care as part of the plea deal, but we don’t just shrug and say that we have to understand that the Soldier is going through an emotional time and has endured a lot of difficulties. We hold that Soldier responsible for his actions.

I was in Desert Storm. I never fired my weapon at an unarmed person. That was in battle, where the enemy was trained to kill me. Yet the restraint that was expected of people with a lot fewer years, and a lot less experience, is too much to expect from our LEO’s? Are you kidding me? We were in Urban Environs in Just Cause. We had firefights with civilians in the area, and we did NOT engage the Civilians. We returned fire, or engaged people who were armed only. That was with combat operations, little sleep, not much more food. Think about that. The troops were exhausted, hungry, thirsty, and scared. Yet they acted with more professionalism than a cop who has years of experience. 18 and 19 year old kids took the use of deadly force far more seriously than a cop does.

Now, how is it that we expect a level of professionalism from our teenaged military members that we do not expect from our adult police officers? How is it that we can demand such self restraint, and discipline from our troops who are surrounded on all sides by people who they can not understand, language barriers, and who even the more supportive don’t want us there. Yet we do not dare second guess a cop?

We second guess everyone else. That is what the Justice System is. The second guess. Society deciding if the actions of an individual were right, or wrong, legal, or criminal. How can we put anyone on trial if we are all supposedly equal before the law, when we won’t put a cop on trial for shooting a woman with her hands up?

Yeah. I can judge the actions of a cop. The same way we judge the actions of people every single day. Today, people sat on juries and judged their peers. Why is it that the cops can not be held to that same standard? Why is it that we expect only the worst from cops, and are willing to accept it?

View attachment 279556

Step one. There are actually several steps. But let’s begin with the obvious.

1) Hold Police Officers accountable. Everyone, every single citizen is held responsible for their crimes. They are tried and convicted. Police are not. Excessive force? Handled as an employment issue. As if they bumped some cargo in the warehouse and damaged it. We give Police extraordinary authority, and back it up by giving them less responsibility than we demand from Garbage Collectors. Think about that.

We are told we have to understand that they have a tough and dangerous job. But we don’t allow anyone else with a job at least as dangerous, or even more so, with far more difficulty to get away with a fraction of the crap cops do.

A cop goes overboard and beats someone who is handcuffed or otherwise restrained. We have to understand that it was an emotional time for him. Difficult days at work. Whatever.

A Soldier comes home after watching friends die in battle. The Soldier tears up a bar, and is thrown in jail, and held to account. It may be therapy or some sort of psychiatric care as part of the plea deal, but we don’t just shrug and say that we have to understand that the Soldier is going through an emotional time and has endured a lot of difficulties. We hold that Soldier responsible for his actions.

I was in Desert Storm. I never fired my weapon at an unarmed person. That was in battle, where the enemy was trained to kill me. Yet the restraint that was expected of people with a lot fewer years, and a lot less experience, is too much to expect from our LEO’s? Are you kidding me? We were in Urban Environs in Just Cause. We had firefights with civilians in the area, and we did NOT engage the Civilians. We returned fire, or engaged people who were armed only. That was with combat operations, little sleep, not much more food. Think about that. The troops were exhausted, hungry, thirsty, and scared. Yet they acted with more professionalism than a cop who has years of experience. 18 and 19 year old kids took the use of deadly force far more seriously than a cop does.

Now, how is it that we expect a level of professionalism from our teenaged military members that we do not expect from our adult police officers? How is it that we can demand such self restraint, and discipline from our troops who are surrounded on all sides by people who they can not understand, language barriers, and who even the more supportive don’t want us there. Yet we do not dare second guess a cop?

We second guess everyone else. That is what the Justice System is. The second guess. Society deciding if the actions of an individual were right, or wrong, legal, or criminal. How can we put anyone on trial if we are all supposedly equal before the law, when we won’t put a cop on trial for shooting a woman with her hands up?

Yeah. I can judge the actions of a cop. The same way we judge the actions of people every single day. Today, people sat on juries and judged their peers. Why is it that the cops can not be held to that same standard? Why is it that we expect only the worst from cops, and are willing to accept it?

Thank you. Cops have a hard job, and we should respect them for doing it, but not excuse them when they don't.

very ridiculous
...there are over 30 MILLION calls for police assistance per year--not counting traffic stops
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rpa11.pdf
the cops kill about 900 per year--do the math
and most of those shot are ARMED jackass criminals
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

......there will always be problems/errors/mistakes/etc--they are HUMAN---no matter how well you train someone/etc, there will always be mistakes/etc
but there is not a chronic problem of cops shooting people for NO reason

View attachment 279556

Yup. Everytime one person shoots another; it goes to jury trial. No exceptions. Ever. That's the solution.

very ridiculous
...there are over 30 MILLION calls for police assistance per year--not counting traffic stops
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

......there will always be problems/errors/mistakes/etc--they are HUMAN---no matter how well you train someone/etc, there will always be mistakes/etc

Half of the people shot in Georgia were unarmed, or shot in the back. Half.

If that is not a Georgia problem, and I find it hard to believe it is limited to Georgia, OVER THE LINE: Police shootings in Georgia

So if it isn’t limited to Georgia, than similar situations exist around the nation. Even if Georgia is significantly worse, and only a third of those shot by police are unarmed, or shot in the back, then is that acceptable to you? How many innocents is acceptable to you? Of those 900, how many shouldn’t have died? Ten? Fifty? A hundred? How many murders were committed by the police and determined by a flawed system as being line of duty, and just fine?

One person is too many. One person deprived of their Second Amendment Right, is too many. One person deprived of their freedom from a lying cop is too many. One person killed by a cop who forgive the pun, jumped the gun, is too damned many.

But I am curious, how many are acceptable to you?

very ridiculous

The dead guy who was eating ice cream in his own living room would disagree with you.

very ridiculous

If that is not a Georgia problem, and I find it hard to believe it is limited to Georgia, OVER THE LINE: Police shootings in Georgia

So if it isn’t limited to Georgia, than similar situations exist around the nation. Even if Georgia is significantly worse, and only a third of those shot by police are unarmed, or shot in the back, then is that acceptable to you? How many innocents is acceptable to you? Of those 900, how many shouldn’t have died? Ten? Fifty? A hundred? How many murders were committed by the police and determined by a flawed system as being line of duty, and just fine?

One person is too many. One person deprived of their Second Amendment Right, is too many. One person deprived of their freedom from a lying cop is too many. One person killed by a cop who forgive the pun, jumped the gun, is too damned many.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

1. 90 out of 184 since 2010---10 per year = I am RIGHT--most are armed etc
..10 blacks SUPPOSEDLY shot unarmed/in the back-out of 30 MILLION calls for police assistance
2. from your link =
after a scuffle in a grassy lot
so he's fighting with a cop!!!! DUH
this is BULLSHIT like the Mike Brown bullshit--eyewitness accounts were proven WRONG
3.my link
n 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks,
the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The paper categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest.
4. your link again
white police officer fatally shot a black man in Ferguson
= MBrown ---hahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha--the jackass attacked a cop

5. from your link--the big one --like all these [ hahahaha ] '''studies''
reporters conducted more than 100 interviews
hahahahaha--NOT investigators--NOT evidence--NOT eyewitness testimony--NOT PROVEN testimony/etc
these are not scientific/proven/reliable/etc '''studies'''
..your link has MANY holes/crap
I could go on, but I'm in a hurry

Last edited:

very ridiculous

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

..10 blacks SUPPOSEDLY shot unarmed/in the back-out of 30 MILLION calls for police assistance
2. from your link =
this is BULLSHIT like the Mike Brown bullshit--eyewitness accounts were proven WRONG
3.my link
the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The paper categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest.
4. your link again

hahahahaha--NOT investigators--NOT evidence--NOT eyewitness testimony--NOT PROVEN testimony/etc

I’ve asked this question before, and perhaps you will finally answer it. When I went to Saudi Arabia in Desert Shield, and later Desert Storm. We were given almost endless briefings on the Rules of Engagement. The situations in which we could utilize force, in other words, shoot someone. The conditions that must be met. Our Team, Squad, Platoon, and Company leadership were given additional briefings about maintaining control of the Soldiers to insure that none of these rules were violated.

These briefings were much longer, more more detailed, but essentially the same as the briefings we got before we went to Panama. Now, it’s curious to me, and perhaps not to you, but how is it that we expect more discipline, and courage, from our military than we do our police? Basic Training for a Soldier in a few weeks. Most Police Academy’s are several months, in Georgia about six months. These 18 and 19 year old soldiers are given automatic weapons, surrounded by potentially hostile people, sent out to find, capture, or kill, enemy combatants who are trained to kill us. These aren’t street thugs who have no combat training or experience. The enemy soldiers are also trained, and equipped to kill us. Yet, our Soldiers are taught, and held accountable for shooting unarmed civilians who are not a threat. A threat would be wearing a bomb vest for example.

In Panama we were exhausted, having worked many more hours straight through than your beloved cops, and yet we did not engage unarmed civilians. If they were not armed, they were not fired upon. It was literally that simple.

Yet, the Police who are in a much safer place, with a great deal longer training, as well as being older, and theoretically wiser, are not only excused, but lionized for doing things that would get a Soldier Courts Martialed.

Soldiers through history have been faced with almost impossible situations, where the lives of their mates, and themselves rested on their choices. Yet, they are taught, and expected, to do the right thing.

True story from my time. We were conducting a search of a civilian vehicle loaded with Bedouin’s who were scavenging the abandoned enemy facilities. We searched and located the Military Weapons. A couple AK-47’s and a handful of Grenades. We let the Bedouin’s keep the clothing, food, and other stuff. I had been the searcher, and the policy on that was to disarm. In other words, if you were in amongst the enemy, you did not take any weapons in. Like a jail guard who doesn’t carry any guns or knives in amongst the prisoners.

I got done searching and went to gear up. I put my LCE on, and tucked my 9MM Beretta into my waistband. I went back to inventory the contraband while the Civilians loaded up the truck. One of the Civilians approached. We did not speak the same language I couldn’t say hello in Farsi. He approached and I held up my hand. I waved it no. I shook my head no. I pointed at the weapons, and then pointed to myself. Those were mine. I pointed to the other things, the clothing and soft material stuff along with food and then pointed to him. Those things were his.

This man nodded his head and I saw he understood. I turned to call out for someone to give me a hand gathering up this stuff when out of the corner of my eye I saw the guy moving, bending down. I spun back and pulled the 9MM Pistol from my waistband. It had a round in the chamber, hammer down. I snapped the safety off and pointed it right between his eyes. If I was a cop, I could have killed him and gotten away with it. If I was a Civilian, It would have been touchy if I could have gotten away with it. He wasn’t armed, but he was reaching for a weapon, including a grenade. I was a soldier. He was not armed yet.

I did not shoot him. At that range I couldn't have missed. My brain screamed at me, he is not armed, do not fire. That same brain that had two days before screamed at me, he is armed, fire. The same brain that told me in Panama that the fire was coming from the upper window of that building, engage. I saw the muzzle flash, I saw the shots. I returned fire.

So these questions are almost impossible for me to understand. The idea that a cop can’t wait until he sees a weapon to fire. We were soldiers, in a war zone, younger and less experienced, and we knew that you don’t shoot someone who is unarmed.

You say the cop was attacked. This is the cop who has a collapsible baton, pepper spray, Taser, and is theoretically trained? Soldiers had a rifle, and a bayonet. I had the pistol because I was the Tunnel Rat, going into the bunkers and facilities first looking for booby traps and enemy combatants hiding in ambush. A pistol was easier to work with in that situation than a rifle. Inside the bunkers, I had the pistol, I reclaimed my M-16A2 when I emerged and reported what I had found.

So here is the question. Why do we expect teenagers to utilize greater discipline, and restraint, than we expect cops who are at a minimum 21 years old? Why do we demand more from our troops than we do from our police? Why do we hold the Soldiers who are paid even less than the cops, accountable, when we claim that pay, and stress, is the reason that the cop overreacts and we have to understand?

Why do we expect our Soldiers to be ten times better than our police? Why don’t we give our Soldiers a pass when they come home from a bad deployment and get angry and drunk and let their frustration off the leash? I mean, we give our cops a pass don’t we? Oh he beat the guy, but it was an emotional time for him. He had a bad day, week at work. His partner was grievously injured when he got a paper cut.

I was afeared for my life doesn’t cut it with Soldiers, Marines, or anyone in combat. Why do we accept it with our police?

very ridiculous

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

2. from your link =
3.my link
4. your link again

I’ve asked this question before, and perhaps you will finally answer it. When I went to Saudi Arabia in Desert Shield, and later Desert Storm. We were given almost endless briefings on the Rules of Engagement. The situations in which we could utilize force, in other words, shoot someone. The conditions that must be met. Our Team, Squad, Platoon, and Company leadership were given additional briefings about maintaining control of the Soldiers to insure that none of these rules were violated.

These briefings were much longer, more more detailed, but essentially the same as the briefings we got before we went to Panama. Now, it’s curious to me, and perhaps not to you, but how is it that we expect more discipline, and courage, from our military than we do our police? Basic Training for a Soldier in a few weeks. Most Police Academy’s are several months, in Georgia about six months. These 18 and 19 year old soldiers are given automatic weapons, surrounded by potentially hostile people, sent out to find, capture, or kill, enemy combatants who are trained to kill us. These aren’t street thugs who have no combat training or experience. The enemy soldiers are also trained, and equipped to kill us. Yet, our Soldiers are taught, and held accountable for shooting unarmed civilians who are not a threat. A threat would be wearing a bomb vest for example.

In Panama we were exhausted, having worked many more hours straight through than your beloved cops, and yet we did not engage unarmed civilians. If they were not armed, they were not fired upon. It was literally that simple.

Yet, the Police who are in a much safer place, with a great deal longer training, as well as being older, and theoretically wiser, are not only excused, but lionized for doing things that would get a Soldier Courts Martialed.

Soldiers through history have been faced with almost impossible situations, where the lives of their mates, and themselves rested on their choices. Yet, they are taught, and expected, to do the right thing.

True story from my time. We were conducting a search of a civilian vehicle loaded with Bedouin’s who were scavenging the abandoned enemy facilities. We searched and located the Military Weapons. A couple AK-47’s and a handful of Grenades. We let the Bedouin’s keep the clothing, food, and other stuff. I had been the searcher, and the policy on that was to disarm. In other words, if you were in amongst the enemy, you did not take any weapons in. Like a jail guard who doesn’t carry any guns or knives in amongst the prisoners.

I got done searching and went to gear up. I put my LCE on, and tucked my 9MM Beretta into my waistband. I went back to inventory the contraband while the Civilians loaded up the truck. One of the Civilians approached. We did not speak the same language I couldn’t say hello in Farsi. He approached and I held up my hand. I waved it no. I shook my head no. I pointed at the weapons, and then pointed to myself. Those were mine. I pointed to the other things, the clothing and soft material stuff along with food and then pointed to him. Those things were his.

This man nodded his head and I saw he understood. I turned to call out for someone to give me a hand gathering up this stuff when out of the corner of my eye I saw the guy moving, bending down. I spun back and pulled the 9MM Pistol from my waistband. It had a round in the chamber, hammer down. I snapped the safety off and pointed it right between his eyes. If I was a cop, I could have killed him and gotten away with it. If I was a Civilian, It would have been touchy if I could have gotten away with it. He wasn’t armed, but he was reaching for a weapon, including a grenade. I was a soldier. He was not armed yet.

I did not shoot him. At that range I couldn't have missed. My brain screamed at me, he is not armed, do not fire. That same brain that had two days before screamed at me, he is armed, fire. The same brain that told me in Panama that the fire was coming from the upper window of that building, engage. I saw the muzzle flash, I saw the shots. I returned fire.

So these questions are almost impossible for me to understand. The idea that a cop can’t wait until he sees a weapon to fire. We were soldiers, in a war zone, younger and less experienced, and we knew that you don’t shoot someone who is unarmed.

You say the cop was attacked. This is the cop who has a collapsible baton, pepper spray, Taser, and is theoretically trained? Soldiers had a rifle, and a bayonet. I had the pistol because I was the Tunnel Rat, going into the bunkers and facilities first looking for booby traps and enemy combatants hiding in ambush. A pistol was easier to work with in that situation than a rifle. Inside the bunkers, I had the pistol, I reclaimed my M-16A2 when I emerged and reported what I had found.

So here is the question. Why do we expect teenagers to utilize greater discipline, and restraint, than we expect cops who are at a minimum 21 years old? Why do we demand more from our troops than we do from our police? Why do we hold the Soldiers who are paid even less than the cops, accountable, when we claim that pay, and stress, is the reason that the cop overreacts and we have to understand?

Why do we expect our Soldiers to be ten times better than our police? Why don’t we give our Soldiers a pass when they come home from a bad deployment and get angry and drunk and let their frustration off the leash? I mean, we give our cops a pass don’t we? Oh he beat the guy, but it was an emotional time for him. He had a bad day, week at work. His partner was grievously injured when he got a paper cut.

I was afeared for my life doesn’t cut it with Soldiers, Marines, or anyone in combat. Why do we accept it with our police?

this might be a two post reply.
...plain and simple - we DON'T expect the military to utilize greater restraint/discipline!!..I don't know where you got that...and I was in the military for 8 years
..you have every right to defend yourself as a cop or military
....AGAIN--murder in war by Americans is very RARE--same with cops = SO you can't analyse/compare/etc it because there is not enough data...

the military is not held to a higher standard/etc
Battle of Mogadishu - dozens/hundreds of CIVILIANS killed- no prosecution
Battle of Mogadishu (Somalia, 1993) - Conservapedia
Did the U.S. Cover Up a Civilian Massacre Before Black Hawk Down?

hundreds of CIVILIANS killed by US in Korea - no prosecution
The event is one of the deadliest acts committed by U.S. ground troops in the 20th century.
This tragic event was almost unreported outside of the Korean peninsula until
July 26, 1950: No Gun Ri Massacre - Zinn Education Project
No Gun Ri massacre - Wikipedia

My Lai
14 charged--only ONE convicted !!! --AND he was sentenced to life but served LESS than 4 years
Calley didn't kill all those by himself
charged 14 officers, including Major General Samuel Koster, the Americal Division's commanding officer, with suppressing information related to the incident. Most of the charges were later dropped. Brigade commander Colonel Henderson was the only high ranking commanding officer who stood trial on charges relating to the cover-up of the Mỹ Lai massacre; he was acquitted on 17 December 1971
https://www.history.com/topics/vietnam-war/my-lai-massacre-1#section_2
My Lai Massacre - Wikipedia

etc etc

very ridiculous

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

2. from your link =
3.my link
4. your link again

do you realize what you are saying??
you are saying all cops are idiots and all the military are super heroes--inhuman!!!
you are saying YOU are perfect--the perfect '''warrior''--you must be inhuman!!!!!!!!!
..you are saying cops have NEVER shown restraint/logical thinking/etc !!!!

Forum List

Back