Dept of Education Breaks Down Man's Door

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
So now the federal government uses a SWAT team to break down people's doors at 6 in the morning when they default on student loans. The militarization of our local police forces continue, just like in the old USSR.

Dept of Education breaks down Stockton mans door | Video | news10.net

This man needs to get a lawyer and sue the Dept of Education and the Stockton PD. Their actions were insanely over zealous and an evasion of his civil rights.

And I love how the Stockton PD lie and say they never did any of these things. Yeah, I guess the door kicked itself in.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
In the small town I used to live in (California) I got a call one day from a lady looking to collect on a student loan default. I had $16,000 in student loans but I paid them all off. This woman was looking for a guy with my exact name (I have a common name) and who had $16,000 in debt as well!

After the call I looked in the phone book and found 6 other people, in a town of about 10,000, who had the same name as me.

I got it straightened out so my door was never kicked in. But if that ever happened to me I'd head to the nearest Lawyer and file suit. Kick in doors for student loans? How over the top is that?

Holy shit! :eek: Are there not more pressing (and truly criminal, I might add) issues out there that the Feds and local law enforcement should be spending their time (and our money) on???? Can you imagine the fear in that man's children as they were awakened by aggressive officers dressed in black (most likely) breaking into their home in the wee hours of the morning? Shameful. So they were looking for this man's estranged wife? As a former law enforcement employee myself, and having worked in investigations, I know for a fact that it's not too difficult to do enough background work beforehand to definitively determine if a particular individual currently resides at an specific address.

I'm looking forward to truthmatters linking this to right wing hatred and rdean saying this is proof that the right hate education.

Glad I never got any student loans. It used to suck to have to work full-time while going to College, but at least I never got my door knocked down. What would've really sucked is if the guy pulled a gun to protect his family and got shot by a member of the SWAT team.

I would have no problem seeing the department at least gutted. Education is one thing that should be handled locally.

And how doo you think the vast majority of Americans feel about this?

Not like you fools do.

So now the federal government uses a SWAT team to break down people's doors at 6 in the morning when they default on student loans. The militarization of our local police forces continue, just like in the old USSR.

Dept of Education breaks down Stockton mans door | Video | news10.net

This man needs to get a lawyer and sue the Dept of Education and the Stockton PD. Their actions were insanely over zealous and an evasion of his civil rights.

And I love how the Stockton PD lie and say they never did any of these things. Yeah, I guess the door kicked itself in.

Another reason to keep the feds out of student loans. Why the hell do they need to send a SWAT team to find someone who is behind on a loan?

And how doo you think the vast majority of Americans feel about this?

Not like you fools do.

How do you feel about? As I recall you supported Obamacare, which put the feds in charge of the entire student loan process. Would this have happened if we had not passed a law that no one had read?

LOL - How fucking lame. I would sue the OIG into oblivion. They can't just issue their own no knock warrant. That has to be issued by a LOCAL judge. It can't even be issued by a Judge at the state or federal level. It MUST be a local judge. Even if it is the feds serving the warrant. And any judge is damn sure going to require more than "she owes on student loans" as a reason.

LOL - How fucking lame. I would sue the OIG into oblivion. They can't just issue their own no knock warrant. That has to be issued by a LOCAL judge. It can't even be issued by a Judge at the state or federal level. It MUST be a local judge. Even if it is the feds serving the warrant. And any judge is damn sure going to require more than "she owes on student loans" as a reason.

Well that's just it. The guy's reaction kind of annoys me He says he just wants an apology and then warns everybody on camera to be sure you don't fall behind on your student loans, as if he just accepts that this will happen again in the future to other people. He should be filing a federal lawsuit against the Dept of Ed and against the Stockton PD. That's the only way a message is going to be sent. This stuff is going to continue to happen as long as good people just sit back and do nothing and we're seeing more and more of this kind of militarization of local police forces every day.

Well that's just it. The guy's reaction kind of annoys me He says he just wants an apology and then warns everybody on camera to be sure you don't fall behind on your student loans, as if he just accepts that this will happen again in the future to other people. He should be filing a federal lawsuit against the Dept of Ed and against the Stockton PD. That's the only way a message is going to be sent. This stuff is going to continue to happen as long as good people just sit back and do nothing and we're seeing more and more of this kind of militarization of local police forces every day.

It's all part of big government conditioning. There are members of USMB who still don't believe TSA pat-down searches are abusive. You just can't reason with sheep.

wow, this brings back memories from the good ole Clinton days. kicking down doors to kidnap a little Cuban boy to send back to the commie Fidel Castor and a living hell, surrounding and killing the Branch Dravidians including 20 children..

ah yes, isn't it GOOD to have the Democrats back in control.

Forum List

Back