Depression

just curious...

Are you saying that i am judgmental about it?

There was once a time when depression was quite a stigma of mental illness. I don't think that is the case any more.

yep however it's increased acceptance came about for the wrong reason.
To sell pills.

it makes no difference how it came to be accepted.... the fact is that it is more acceptable and not something to hide away in the closet as crazy aunt june.

Dealing with it for some is the durg's... and they work out well when the right combination is hit on... It is still a step in the right direction.

Ohh pills can and often do help in the battle against depression, but without YOU working on it you will keep being depressed.
And yes it does matter in the sense that the commercial give people the impression that take the pill and cure depression. And some of the pills side effects can be severe in some people.

Last edited:
yep however it's increased acceptance came about for the wrong reason.
To sell pills.

it makes no difference how it came to be accepted.... the fact is that it is more acceptable and not something to hide away in the closet as crazy aunt june.

Dealing with it for some is the durg's... and they work out well when the right combination is hit on... It is still a step in the right direction.

Ohh pills can and often do help in the battle against depression, but without YOU working on it you will keep being depressed.
And yes it does matter in the sense that the commercial give people the impression that take the pill and cure depression. And some of the pills side effects can be severe in some people.
What do you consider "working with it"? I know plenty of people who worked with it their whole lives and died anyway.

I've personally known three.

What do you consider "working with it"? I know plenty of people who worked with it their whole lives and died anyway.

You know another one now.
And yes we all die, the question is whether to let yourself die miserable or not.

And yes we all die, the question is whether to let yourself die miserable or not.

No, I don't know another one now. What are talking about?

You have the idea that people have control over this. They often don't.

No, I don't know another one now. What are talking about?

You have the idea that people have control over this. They often don't.

I have battled depression my entire life.

And of course you do not have control per sie, but you do have control over whether to give in to depression or fight it.
I chose to fight it.
In many ways it is no different from fighting drug or substance addiction, you never fully win, but if you keep fighting you never let it pull you all the way down.

Last edited:

do you think if they weren't depressed they would live forever?

No one can fix your depression for you. If you keep looking to others for a cure you will fail.
YOU must fight/work on your depression.
And Pills will not fix it either.

It is good to have ones around you who care for ya ansd support you but continued depresso status will eventually drive the best of friends and such away.

For a good number of people with long lasting continuous depression medication IS the best answer coupled with a therapist. I have a major medical problem with depression. In 94 I could no longer "deal with it" on my own. I went in the hospital and it took 10 years to find the right medication.

For those 10 years I was in and out of the hospital with suicidal thoughts and extreme depression. Finding the right meds was like the difference between night and day.

Anyone that makes a blanket statement that meds can not help is an idiot. They do not understand the situation. Without meds I would be a wreck, even with them I still have lots of trouble.

No, silly. They didn't have to die as young men in untimely deaths though. What your philosophy? Lend a suicidal person a gun?

Depression can be attributed to something as simple as dietary. Researching the food causing of depression may be a good place to start; caffeine, sugar, food additives and so forth.

No, silly. They didn't have to die as young men in untimely deaths though. What your philosophy? Lend a suicidal person a gun?

only with an appropriate deposit up front

no one dies from depression

fail

Depression can be triggered by grief or a result of trauma. It's also hereditary.

only with an appropriate deposit up front

no one dies from depression

fail

My father died of suicide. Happy?

Next time I feel bummed out I'll sure and call you for a gun.

Last edited:

Hey! Suck it up! Enough with the self pity and alienation! How those Grand Kids doing? Are you spending enough time with them? Ya need to push yourself more and stay busy. Stimulation. :tongue:

How about a Music CD, a paint brush, a 1000 piece puzzle?

Forum List

Back